Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 25-04-19, 10:37   #331
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
I'm right there with you, the final chapter felt rushed and lazy, with the very ending itself being almost laughably poor. The fact there's only one ending is a bit of a letdown, too.
There are actually 3 endings, which one you get depends how you fare against Kronika.

Best Ending: Beat Kronika in all rounds, no losing
Good Ending: Beat Kronika twice, one loss.
Bad Ending: Lose to her completely.

Last edited by Vinkula; 25-04-19 at 10:54.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 13:16   #332
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
She’s really not, I said this to myself yesterday. Until I actually practiced with her and learned some of her moves. Have you even sat down and played with her? If you haven’t then of course she would be trash. You just have to learn her all over again. They said they switched up her moves and made them more graceful. I haven’t tampered with customization yet but i will soon.
Dude I play fighting games on a technical level.. she is garbage.

There is nothing 'graceful' about having 0 overheads and nerfed zoning, with nerfed combos on top of that, and a weird combo system while everybody else has every tool they could ever need.

Last edited by ThatSassyKid; 25-04-19 at 13:17.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 22:59   #333
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
There are actually 3 endings, which one you get depends how you fare against Kronika.

Best Ending: Beat Kronika in all rounds, no losing
Good Ending: Beat Kronika twice, one loss.
Bad Ending: Lose to her completely.
Yeah, I call bull****. The difference between the good and the best ending is completely neglectable, and the bad ending is nothing more than a stretched out losing animation. It doesn't even trigger the end credits, so I defy anyone to actually classify it as an actual ending. So yeah, it only has one ending as far as I'm concerned.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-19, 05:13   #334
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
Yeah, I call bull****. The difference between the good and the best ending is completely neglectable, and the bad ending is nothing more than a stretched out losing animation. It doesn't even trigger the end credits, so I defy anyone to actually classify it as an actual ending. So yeah, it only has one ending as far as I'm concerned.
Well, that's one way of looking at it But I do agree with the bad ending.
Old 26-04-19, 19:24   #335
Yeauxleaux

Still playing through the story (while also dipping out to play some towers) so avoiding spoilers.

Jade has supplanted Kitana as my main, contrary to what I said last week. I love her.

Also Johnny Cage looks so hot now, in the campaign cutscenes at least.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 05:01   #336
Daft Raider
Inactive

^They did SUCH a 180 with Johnny in this game, he’s been SO ugly and annoying in the last few games, but he’s so hot and likable (along with the rest of the characters) in this game I actually main him now.

Also the towers of time can **** right off, first of all, what an obnoxious, grinding system to put most of the best stuff behind, I paid 25,000 coins to unlock Kitanas character towers, only to then have to spend MORE of the other spirit currency, AND THEN other towers are locked behind stupid qualifiers like “do 50 grab attacks” excuse me, did I not just PAY for access to these? Why do I have to continue to pay with other currencies to then unlock the towers within the set that I already paid for.

Second, the difficulty label is a total lie. “Medium” my ass. I can play through all the Klassic Towers on medium and do fine, but when I play “medium” on the towers of time suddenly the AI wipes the floor with me? I call BS. They crank up the difficulty and lie about it so it’s even more of a grind to unlock all the best stuff.

Oh and the last thing, **** the Krypt. Periodt.

Otherwise, I love the game. But this ****ty reward system that’s designed to be an insane grind so it will brow beat you into buying the currency with your real money is and will always be greedy and slimy. Free to play economies have no play in a 60 dollar game.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 28-04-19 at 05:02.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 05:45   #337
Yeauxleaux

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. There needs to be some patching ASAP tbh.

In certain ways find the Krypt this time a lot more tolerable here than it was in MkX, in ways I don't. I appreciate the lack of jumpscares (specifically the ones involving giant spiders, absolutely **** that ****). However on the downside, I looked it up and apparently it's random where all the unlocks are, so I will unlock say a particular Johnny costume in a different chest than you would. I hate that, because it means you can no longer save koins and make a beeline for the particular rewards you want, you just have to keep doing trial-and-error until you hit the jackpot.

Whatever. I'm not gonna pay extra to unlock everything quicker, on principle, but I do wish it wasn't such a grind.

Also yeah I noticed the difficulty spike on Towers of Time too. "Medium"? Bollocks. Not only are some of the enemy modifiers really punishing, the AI is absolutely more aggressive than in the Klassic Towers. I was really struggling at first until I got to grips with the gameplay a little, although it's actually not too bad now I'm getting used to it.

One thing that I am finding to be a terribly thought out design choice is the fatal blow feature. I think it's just ****ing cheap. You, out of skill, have got the enemy's life down to nearly empty... so they can use some very powerful last-ditch attack to even things out? It seems almost near-guaranteed to happen in every fight as well because of it. I thought the x-rays in MkX were a little better, they could be used any time if the player/AI had saved up the meters.

Anyway it's not all negative. For some reason I'm finding the learning curve here a lot more forgiving than I have in previous games, it seems to be easier to "git gud" at this one. It does feel pretty satisfying to play, as I expected, and the amount of unlockables (even with the grinding) does give it plenty of replay value. So I do appreciate that.

I'm hoping for a klassic skins add-on, or at least more varied costumes, that I would pay money for. I'm a bit disappointed some characters haven't got a wide variety of looks compared to others. Some characters like Skarlet have a wonderful variety between what's already there, while others like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Kitana (while having as many skins) only have several very similar variations of the same basic look. I feel like that kinda defeats the point of all the customisation.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 28-04-19 at 05:46.
Old 28-04-19, 15:00   #338
Vinkula

I believe Netherrealm said they are going to patch the grind system. Let's see does it actually get better or better only in their eyes.
Old 28-04-19, 15:13   #339
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
I believe Netherrealm said they are going to patch the grind system. Let's see does it actually get better or better only in their eyes.
Yes they have!

I just saw this earlier;

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-of-time-mode

This is great that they've listened to fan feedback and acted on it. Even if it's just reduced AI difficulty and quicker koin farming I'll be happy with that.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 28-04-19 at 15:15.
Old 28-04-19, 16:16   #340
Vinkula

UGH. I can't seem to get past the Torture Halls corridor in the Krypt... Getting annoyeeeed

EDIT/ Omg I did it immediately after I whined

Last edited by Vinkula; 28-04-19 at 16:20.