www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 22-11-19, 15:25   #1
MartimMonteiro
Student

Question Music and Sounds Effects Extraction

Hi everyone! I noticed that the soundtrack used on the funeral in the Geothermal Valley, near the campsite where you reunite with Jonah, isn't available on the internet and I would like to know if there is a way to extract the music and sound effects from the game files. I've been searching and I know that it is possible to extract the sounds from the TRLAU trilogy and TR2013, but I didn't find a way to extract ROTTR's audio files. Does anyone know how it can be done? I would like to extract this unreleased music and some sound effects.

Last edited by MartimMonteiro; 22-11-19 at 15:26.
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 13:03   #2
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

How do you extract the sounds from LAU and TR2013? I have wanted to know for so long
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 14:00   #3
MartimMonteiro
Student

From what I found, here on TRForums, if you want TRU's music and sfx you can use UnpackTRU. Check this post! (I tried and it also works with LCGOL)

If you're looking foward to extract TR2013' sfx download these files and check this post!
Old 23-11-19, 14:41   #4
Talos Munera
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
Hi everyone! I noticed that the soundtrack used on the funeral in the Geothermal Valley, near the campsite where you reunite with Jonah, isn't available on the internet and I would like to know if there is a way to extract the music and sound effects from the game files. I've been searching and I know that it is possible to extract the sounds from the TRLAU trilogy and TR2013, but I didn't find a way to extract ROTTR's audio files. Does anyone know how it can be done? I would like to extract this unreleased music and some sound effects.

Hello. I have extracted many ROTTR audio files using ROTTR DRM Dumper, ROTTR TIGGER unpacker and Noesis, and I have this music. It's called VH Valley Hub Funeral Flute

Last edited by Talos Munera; 23-11-19 at 14:47.
Talos Munera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 17:14   #5
MartimMonteiro
Student

I used ROTTR DRM Dumper and ROTTR TIGGER unpacker to extract the game files but all I have are .mul files... Do I need to use Noesis to convert them to mp3 or wav files? How do I do it? Thank you so much for your help!

Edit: I found a way to convert the .mul files to wav using the fsbii and FsbExtractor but the sounds are slowed down... I must be doing something wrong..

Last edited by MartimMonteiro; 23-11-19 at 18:16.
Old 23-11-19, 21:01   #6
Talos Munera
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
I used ROTTR DRM Dumper and ROTTR TIGGER unpacker to extract the game files but all I have are .mul files... Do I need to use Noesis to convert them to mp3 or wav files? How do I do it? Thank you so much for your help!

Edit: I found a way to convert the .mul files to wav using the fsbii and FsbExtractor but the sounds are slowed down... I must be doing something wrong..
Um, I converted them many years ago. I have FSB Extractor, also FSB Mpeg, his library and mul2wav.
Try using Noesis and its plugins. Now I don't remember exactly all the steps, but the programs are these