www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-11-19, 21:40   #1061
klona
Gold Contributor

@noonbob
You need to find and shoot all targets. Check the piranha lake floor too.
Old 21-11-19, 23:12   #1062
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Basically the beginning

I've opened the hidden hatch in one of the huts, there was nothing special down there. Thought I could shoot open the hatch for the crawl space but no.

I got up in the trees, there is a higher area I cannot reach. But I probably get there after progressing another way.

I swam in the water and went through the space that leads to the waterfall death but get out before that. The gate is shut, the other one has a key card and the maze is a turret trap.
Maybe I've stupidly walked past something (happens a lot)

I'm going to play again and see if I can do it.

Btw love the targets that trigger the uncharted secret sound when you shoot them. Are they secrets?
As Klona said. The x5 sign next to crawlspace door indicates the number of targets you need to find nearby. I'm glad you like the idea despite getting a bit stuck! Those targets aren't secrets but part of a puzzle. Some more traditional secrets are around though. You didn't mention getting the crowbar, make sure you pick it up from the enemy guarding the push button switch where you opened that trapdoor inside the hut. Then as Klona said, have a look underwater taking care to avoid piranhas as go in. Hope that helps as I appreciate there's no walkthrough up yet! (hopefully there will be one soon).
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 12:25   #1063
Teone
Student

@piano_raider

Reading the walkthrough I finally spotted the secrets I missed in your game.
Congratulations! This is what I mean for secrets: alternative paths and new areas to explore. I love the one where you meet Nessie.
IMO secrets in a game must be few but surprising.

@Reggie

Now I'm going to find the missing secret in your game.
I spotted an hatch in the toilet where I found the armoury gun but I was not able to open it.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 14:36   #1064
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Been watching Action Turnip play some C.A.C levels on Youtube.
My god, this guy is so friggin funny (in a nice way)
Some of the things he comes out with is pure gold!

Playing some more levels today but stuck - really trying NOT to resort to walkthroughs but sometimes things are just so ambiguous..

EDIT: Made it a little further in Puna's Revenge - love all the new editions and objects that really flesh out the level. Seeing the water rise in real time was amazing - and yet, simple to do? right.. like an animated flat object to act as the surface? I recall TRC VCI doing something small like this with the tank of water that leaks when it shatters.
Makes me wonder why Core never did such things in their levels..
The level did crash on me sadly in the beta temple area.. had to restart my pc

Last edited by dcw123; 22-11-19 at 21:07.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 19:30   #1065
piano_raider
Hobbyist

@Teone
Really glad, you liked the secrets
piano_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 20:23   #1066
noonbob
Professor

@klona @Reggie Thank you. I am going to play now

@SrDanielPonces Finally finished Hostile Waters and you absolutely did it! I knew you would given your amazing ORC Level. I loved every minute What an experience.
Lara + Conveyor Belt =
I could praise so much but this post would be paragraphs long.
Have you ever thought about making a whole game? I know it would take forever but you are SO talented. Please?
So much detail/effort was put into this and it shows. I truly hope your level goes down in history and makes it into the TRLE Hall Of Fame
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 21:06   #1067
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
@klona @Reggie Thank you. I am going to play now

@SrDanielPonces Finally finished Hostile Waters and you absolutely did it! I knew you would given your amazing ORC Level. I loved every minute What an experience.
Lara + Conveyor Belt =
Have you ever thought about making a whole game? I know it would take forever but you are SO talented. Please?
So much detail/effort was put into this and it shows. I truly hope your level goes down in history and makes it into the TRLE Hall Of Fame
All of this..
Definitely come a long way since the early days of TR2 Remake all those years ago (at least, if feels like a long time ago) heehee
Those mini cutscenes are just to die for..

Hopefully with Tomb Editor and other improvements means more builders can reach the same level of production as this...
Old 23-11-19, 10:46   #1068
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Just finished four more levels:

Pyramid of Horus by Sabatu
It was awesome ! I loved the TR4 vibes and the differents ambiance from the outside one to the dark one inside. Riddles were clever ! It was very beautiful, I'm not a big fan of ropes but it was nice. Difficulty is very well balanced in my opinion : You get stuck or die but looking around with a bit more of attention and you found the way. The only down for me is the ending: sure she founds a big treasure, lot of gold, but she doesn't pick up anything. She pulls a vase and then boom the end. We don't even get to see the outside or something. I felt a bit frustrated to have such a simple ending after all of that amazing visuals. But overall the level is very good and feels very classic

Lost in the amazon by Reggie
I LOVED it, the traps in the begging made me laugh a lot, "pull this". I admit I did it blindly lol. I LOVED that it is half jungle, half high-tech, half alien stuff. Very very creative in my opinion ! It reminded me of TR3 gold and how creative this team was but with your level it's even more incredible because you're alone to build it. It's also beautiful and big but feels very classic and clostrophobic at the same time. I admit that the ending got me a bit frustrated as we don't get to see the prize, or we never heard again about that woman sending help messages in French at the beginning (this got me so freaked out because of what she's saying: "We're locked inside, he is outside", well wait, I'm outside too ) I wish there was a third level even short, so we could know what Lara founds inside that nice looking temple !
Congratulations Reggie, it's a very good level imo !

Legacy of the Scion by Baslakor
I loved the TR1 vibe in this one, not a big fan of the beginning but I started really like it when we enter the main big room with lots of water and the big temple ! I love how you put into it a story with journals and visions ! I loved how everything is interconnected in this big room. It's not too hard and we can figure things out with many clues.

All roads lead to Rome - LOTRKingLuis
Same type of level as me !! So it was very interesting to play this one in particular ! It was a very good level, it felt huge with many rooms and many things to do. At some point I lost track of what I was supposed to do and got some help from the walkthrough. I really loved the cutscenes, and my favorite part is the ending ! Humour is always a nice touch in Tomb Raider. Only found two secrets ! If I'm not mistaking you said a few days ago that you wanted to make more of this ? Can't wait to see your version of the russian and VCI levels !

Last edited by CheshireBitch; 23-11-19 at 13:04.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 14:50   #1069
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:

Lara + Conveyor Belt =
Thank you, my love! This means a lot!
I want to do more levels with a similar layout (thankfully anything else but a ship level) in the future, though I am not intending to release them so often, since it requires a lot of free time and patience to deliver such quality
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 15:56   #1070
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Thank you, my love! This means a lot!
I want to do more levels with a similar layout (thankfully anything else but a ship level) in the future, though I am not intending to release them so often, since it requires a lot of free time and patience to deliver such quality
Can't wait for more!

On a side note - just started another classic project, and I really wish I'd picked this for the competition LOL
Ah well.. least I learnt from it.

I've installed all the classic plugins, and even managed to get the classic pushblock and pickup animations 100% working as they should..
I even removed TR4 moves such as shimmying around corners.
Using the new TR3 style aiming system is amazing - the fact Lara can now stay locked on to enemies when they run away
(Now if only I could figure out a way to hide the green tint from the flare start up effect)

I even stumbled upon some old outfits I made like my TR1/4 hybrid Lara without the joints (yet improved meshes to hide this fact) which would be amazing to use for cutscenes too as an animating object

My thirst for level building and the classic has been revived thanks to this competition - so for that AgentXP and others - I thank you

Last edited by dcw123; 23-11-19 at 16:40.