www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 22-11-19, 18:36   #1
Purcell91
Hobbyist

Default Lost Artifact Digital Copy?

Hi fellow raiders

I was looking to get the lost artifact on my laptop for my work macbook but as most people know they don't support Cd roms anymore.

Does anyone know a legitimate way to get a digital copy of this game? I haven't been able to find it on steam and some downloads of the game don't seem to be the real deal. I don't mind paying for it as i want a safe copy.

Worse case scenario i can boot up my old laptop and get a CD copy of it, i'm just looking for an easy solution here. Any help would be appreciated.
Purcell91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 20:02   #2
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell91 View Post
Hi fellow raiders

I was looking to get the lost artifact on my laptop for my work macbook but as most people know they don't support Cd roms anymore.

Does anyone know a legitimate way to get a digital copy of this game? I haven't been able to find it on steam and some downloads of the game don't seem to be the real deal. I don't mind paying for it as i want a safe copy.

Worse case scenario i can boot up my old laptop and get a CD copy of it, i'm just looking for an easy solution here. Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately no, not legally.
Old 22-11-19, 20:19   #3
Purcell91
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Unfortunately no, not legally.
Really? There's no digital download for a legit version of this game? I never assumed we'd only need a physical copy to play essentially a DLC/Expansion
Old 22-11-19, 20:43   #4
tlr online
Administrator

Moving to The Lost Artifact forum.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 22:47   #5
Boobandie
Professor

Could you copy the contents of the disk from another machine? My copy of TR3 has trouble installing directly from the disk so I always rip the contents to a folder and install it from there.

Unfortunately there is no Steam or GOG version of Lost Artefact, and unlike TR1 and TR2 you can't download it for free.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 13:22   #6
Purcell91
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Could you copy the contents of the disk from another machine? My copy of TR3 has trouble installing directly from the disk so I always rip the contents to a folder and install it from there.

Unfortunately there is no Steam or GOG version of Lost Artefact, and unlike TR1 and TR2 you can't download it for free.
I guess i can try that off my old laptop but i have to obtain the disk version first, such a shame there's no copy digitally. Unless someone knows a reliable source where there's a good one.
Old 23-11-19, 15:33   #7
Lwmte
Explorer

It is possible to replace TR3 resources with TR3 gold resources and play using original tomb3.exe, I did it long ago. Only drawback is that secret counter will be wrong and you will get level selection dialog after 4th level, but you may just ignore that.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 19:53   #8
laravision
Archaeologist

Using the tomb3.exe is possible, but the script (.dat) file will have to be renamed to "TOMBPC". Plus there are other drawbacks; the main one being that you cannot kill Sophia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
I'm going to contact Square to see what I can do about making The Lost Artifact available. I'll keep you posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
This is taking some time. Please bear with me, I haven't given up.
Yet Square Enix remain silent...
Old 24-11-19, 02:05   #9
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Using the tomb3.exe is possible, but the script (.dat) file will have to be renamed to "TOMBPC". Plus there are other drawbacks; the main one being that you cannot kill Sophia.

Yet Square Enix remain silent...
Well they've still yet to put most of the conflict series on sale digitally, a series they also came into aquisition of so I wouldn't get hopes up for them.
Old 24-11-19, 14:03   #10
Kapu
Professor

Maybe this isn't the ideal solution, but you could purchase an external disc drive for your laptop. They're not very expensive (about $25) and you're covered anytime you need to use a physical disc.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote