www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 22-11-19, 10:46   #28801
jackoimina
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
My very favorite scene of the franchise. The scene that made me cry, which no other game has ever done. It’s so perfectly done. The conversation. The acting. The ambience. The music playing. Everything in that campfire scene is such a highlight to me that I hold it close to my heart
IKR, it shows how amazingly well from technical and directing standpoint EM could handle TR, doesn't have to be only great gameplay and tombs/exploration, it can also be a great cinematic experience, making TR a great game across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Looking at other games, for example God of War, personally I loved this game but I enjoy SOTTR's gameplay/structure more BUT God of War has a flawless story, well told, fluent, coherent, catchy, well written; SOTTR's story feels so messy instead.

Next time they really need to invest in the story, they need to take their time to make a good one; and by a good one I don't mean an award winning work of literature, it just needs to be a coherent story and it needs an amazing work of writing to make it fluent and catchy.
Continuing about the story: agreed with everything bolded. When you think about it ALL 3 story IDEAS are really interesting and good, especially Yamatai imo, but a great writer has to know how to elevate that great idea into a coherent story that would involve rich details and connectivity and well developed characters to boost it. I would gladly have EM work on the next TR game BUT make it no1 priority to get a high profile writer with STRONG portfolio under his belt and give him the creative freedom necessary for delivering a great narrative. Bc when it comes to critics and general perception of the new TR games, that is the main problem: that it's simply forgettable compared to Uncharted or TLOU and those two have great characters and really good story which delivers emotional impact in key moments which is enough to compensate for some little plotholes here and there in uncharted. TR needs a high profile writer asap bc everything else is already great when polished to the end (like Rise).
Old 22-11-19, 13:49   #28802
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Continuing about the story: agreed with everything bolded. When you think about it ALL 3 story IDEAS are really interesting and good, especially Yamatai imo, but a great writer has to know how to elevate that great idea into a coherent story that would involve rich details and connectivity and well developed characters to boost it. I would gladly have EM work on the next TR game BUT make it no1 priority to get a high profile writer with STRONG portfolio under his belt and give him the creative freedom necessary for delivering a great narrative. Bc when it comes to critics and general perception of the new TR games, that is the main problem: that it's simply forgettable compared to Uncharted or TLOU and those two have great characters and really good story which delivers emotional impact in key moments which is enough to compensate for some little plotholes here and there in uncharted. TR needs a high profile writer asap bc everything else is already great when polished to the end (like Rise).
Yeah I feel like despite all the games faults in regards to writing, all 3 entries had a good framework for their stories. In the case of TR2013, I actually thought that they did a pretty good job of making a story that felt complete and coherent; it's only problem was that it came across as too cliche at times, but the good points more than made up for this.

Rise was pretty straightforward but I got the impression that they weren't really trying to do much with it. Shadow, for the mess it was, was actually the most ambitious, which is why I think it would've been a great story if EM didn't have to finish off what CD started.
Old 22-11-19, 20:45   #28803
Princess_Paige
Gold Contributor

I can’t find the Croft Fitness outfit, I have the season pass, updated my game to DE but the outfit isn’t there & isn’t in the store either
Old 22-11-19, 20:53   #28804
ian2006
Historian

Why is the latest patch 24GB?
ian2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 21:04   #28805
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
I can’t find the Croft Fitness outfit, I have the season pass, updated my game to DE but the outfit isn’t there & isn’t in the store either
You have to go to the store and download the Drfinitive Edition Extra Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2006 View Post
Why is the latest patch 24GB?
They compressed all DLCs in 1 file. The game is now 27gb and before the update it was 32gb+
xspacedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 23:25   #28806
Princess_Paige
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
You have to go to the store and download the Drfinitive Edition Extra Content

They compressed all DLCs in 1 file. The game is now 27gb and before the update it was 32gb+
Thank you! All I can say is finally we have an actual cute outfit for Lara to wear. Only took 6 years
Old 23-11-19, 00:42   #28807
Ian666
Historian

Hi, see this Definitive Edition Extra in the PSN store? Can I buy that and use it with the regular release from last year?
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 00:53   #28808
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
Hi, see this Definitive Edition Extra in the PSN store? Can I buy that and use it with the regular release from last year?
Yep, the Definitive Edition Extra Content is just the Season Pass renamed.
xspacedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 00:59   #28809
Ian666
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Yep, the Definitive Edition Extra Content is just the Season Pass renamed.
Brilliant, it's only a tenner and am in a TR mood this week.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 09:29   #28810
ian2006
Historian

If you have the croft edition all the extra content is free right?
ian2006 is offline   Reply With Quote