www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-11-19, 16:49   #301
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
That being said, I do think the tibet shorts are an almost objectively stupid decision, even within the context of the game. Not enough to ruin my experience, but still dumb and hard not to call out.
How was it stupid, her plane crashed.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 16:57   #302
Samz
Relic Hunter

As I've said, it probably was a mix of saving time/sorta half-explaining how she survives in Tibet "Eh she just grabs an Aviator Jacket".
Probably also saved a decent bit of time for the CG cutscene/promotional model.

Now I half want a remake to have a prolonged sequence after a fire-fight of Lara trying on all the dead Italian men's trousers and none of them fititng her.
Old 22-11-19, 17:02   #303
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
As I've said, it probably was a mix of saving time/sorta half-explaining how she survives in Tibet "Eh she just grabs an Aviator Jacket".
Probably also saved a decent bit of time for the CG cutscene/promotional model.

Now I half want a remake to have a prolonged sequence after a fire-fight of Lara trying on all the dead Italian men's trousers and none of them fititng her.

I was about to say the same thing! This obviously would've been the most realistic™ and logical thing for Lara to do, stupid Core Design!
Old 22-11-19, 17:04   #304
XXIIXX
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Why though? It’s better than Underworld’s every outfit no doubt (except Legend Anniversary, and Casual Explorer)...
The dress? I don't like how her boobs and back are super exposed at the same time. A dress that only had mega cleavage or one with a huge back cut would have both been better choices than that monstrosity. That's not me slut shaming by the way, it's just that it doesn't fit my personal taste. The red one looks even worse and the black ones HD version that looks kind of bluish is not a much better choice either. I like how she accesorized though. The necklace and the bracelets and the red nail polish were all cool little touches. I loved her heels too and her hair down. And of course how her backpack can be made into a purse! Iconic! I also feel like she could have ripped only one side of her dress and carried on doing her thing just fine. And since I've gone that far I liked her underwear too. I could have gone without seeing it but since the developers apparently thought that was a good idea here we are!

I don't know why every outfit in Underworld is bad but they really are!

The wetsuit, sexualisation aside, looks good and the drysuit too. Her bathing suit is horrid. Her main outfit is a good upgrade over legend's but that doesn't say much. I hate the colour palette used for it but I think it looks better with pants. The best version of it though is no doubt the Osiris version for me! The one she wears in croft manor is really nice but I don't like the one in Benetath the ashes. The jacket for Mexico is... Okay but it could have been a lot better. Both winter outfits look weird.

And now I'm officially WAY off topic. Shutting up now.
Old 22-11-19, 17:04   #305
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post

I was about to say the same thing! This obviously would've been the most realistic™ and logical thing for Lara to do, stupid Core Design!
I mean they didn't have mid-level cutscenes at the time.

I think its less "trying to titalate the player" and more Core Design just sorta rushing it "Why doesn't she freeze in Tibet?" "Eh she grabs a classic explorer aviator Jacket in the plane." then they didn't think about it.

(Insert snarky comment about Core rushing things such as Lara's hands magically having gloves when grabbing a torch as young Lara in TR5 or Red Alert being one of the buggiest levels in gaming history.)

I know Fear Effect 2 actually had one of the characters wear a similar outfit to it and it was kinda silly.

(PS. don't try looking up Fear Effect on Google images, if you think they overplayed Lara's sexuality in marketing, oh boy its a lot worse with Fear effect 2 and you'll get some quite NSFW images real quick.)
I wouldn't mind if a Remake did actually have her eventually kill an italian who was small enough for her to fit in them and stealing their trousers.

Last edited by Samz; 22-11-19 at 17:14.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 17:09   #306
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Same here. But then again I don't burden myself with going over every outfit of Lara's making sure each boot is laced correctly just to make sure a fictional video game character is wearing "proper attire".
Yeah me neither
Old 22-11-19, 22:52   #307
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I didn't think of this solution, yes you're right. Probably she could have stolen pants from one of the bad guys she kills if she is freezing. Is it possible not to be that cold there? I dunno, I wonder. I still won't assume ill-intent, however. The devs just probably thought it was a visual that looked cool and was different and made that quick plot excuse for it.
Old 22-11-19, 23:39   #308
LaraCablara
Professor

I dont care what you all say. I want them to do it like Resident Evil 2 and include a map that marks if you missed an item in a room and other modern touches.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 07:34   #309
Donoman
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
The dress? I don't like how her boobs and back are super exposed at the same time. A dress that only had mega cleavage or one with a huge back cut would have both been better choices than that monstrosity. That's not me slut shaming by the way, it's just that it doesn't fit my personal taste. The red one looks even worse and the black ones HD version that looks kind of bluish is not a much better choice either. I like how she accesorized though. The necklace and the bracelets and the red nail polish were all cool little touches. I loved her heels too and her hair down. And of course how her backpack can be made into a purse! Iconic! I also feel like she could have ripped only one side of her dress and carried on doing her thing just fine. And since I've gone that far I liked her underwear too. I could have gone without seeing it but since the developers apparently thought that was a good idea here we are!

I don't know why every outfit in Underworld is bad but they really are!

The wetsuit, sexualisation aside, looks good and the drysuit too. Her bathing suit is horrid. Her main outfit is a good upgrade over legend's but that doesn't say much. I hate the colour palette used for it but I think it looks better with pants. The best version of it though is no doubt the Osiris version for me! The one she wears in croft manor is really nice but I don't like the one in Benetath the ashes. The jacket for Mexico is... Okay but it could have been a lot better. Both winter outfits look weird.

And now I'm officially WAY off topic. Shutting up now.
Hmmm... Underworld outfits bad? Wow! I guess opinions are opinions. Jungle pants is one of my favorite outfits and it makes Lara suuuuper sexy in a game where she already is sexy .
Donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 08:42   #310
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
I dont care what you all say. I want them to do it like Resident Evil 2 and include a map that marks if you missed an item in a room and other modern touches.
Make it optional, and we're in the game. Nothing worse than forcing such helpers and spoilers on people that want to do that extra bit of exploration.