www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 23-02-18, 00:49   #1001
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
It actually looks interesting and thank god and I like Phillip Sevy's art a lot more, but what the hell is going on in that cover? Like, the colours hurt my eyes and what on earth is she wearing!!?? Why does she look like Cruella de Vil!?!?!
The comic sounds interesting and I'm excited to see this new rival Lara will have. Btw I think her outfit is fine. It looks stylish yet practical and badass.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 01:09   #1002
Rai

What's interesting is the date the first issue of inferno releases: 13th June. Right during E3 week. The last issue should be in September. So, I think this as good as confirms the time frame of events for TR this year: March = movie, June = new comic arc and game announcement, September = last comic issue - October or November Shadow release. The DVD and Blu-ray of the movie will probably release sometime during the summer as well.

I'm wondering if this new character will also make it into Shadow, tying the comics and game. I mean if this character is ready for Lara and anything she can throw at him, then she's gonna have to be sneaky/like a shadow to take him by surprise.

Last edited by Rai; 23-02-18 at 01:10.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 07:06   #1003
biscuits
Professor

Do you guys think the new rival is Kennard Montez? He was teased at the end of Rise.

I also find it weird how these comics are still being published. They must be doing well. I expected them to flop. I'm glad they're still producing arcs because I enjoy them.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 09:30   #1004
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Do you guys think the new rival is Kennard Montez? He was teased at the end of Rise.

I also find it weird how these comics are still being published. They must be doing well. I expected them to flop. I'm glad they're still producing arcs because I enjoy them.
It says "new character", so I don't think so. He was quite an important character for the novel as well. What description is given makes this character out to be quite powerful, I'm expecting Lara to have a tough time defeating him, if she does in the comic.
Old 23-02-18, 11:51   #1005
Portugalraider
Professor

Thank god Phillip is returning. Things really aren't going well for Ashley. It's a pity, because she can make some beautiful art with strong women, but for some reason it is not going really well in this comics. I also enjoy they are retaining the same writing team. If anything, this arc is really well written. And the idea for this new arc seems very interesting and very Tomb Raider. Let's see how it goes
Old 23-02-18, 21:27   #1006
Rai

Issue 4 of Survivor's Crusade has been pushed back and is now releasing 4th April (was 7/3).
Old 23-02-18, 22:18   #1007
Nausinous
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaider2013 View Post
the comics are a joke
I agree, then again so is the new series. I'm interested to see where the story takes her though and possibly the future game.

Last edited by Nausinous; 23-02-18 at 22:21.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 22:38   #1008
Portugalraider
Professor

Nah, the only comic arc that was a joke was the first one from Gail Simone. All others before Survivor's Crusade were quite decent. And if it weren't for the art, Survivor's Crusade would be excellent. The writing on it is so good! Almost makes you forget that it's a daddy story right after RotTR, which had an actually good father plotline that ended with Lara saying that her father doesn't matter anymore... -_-

And I'm betting this new "Inferno" arc will be excellent: the best writing team plus one of the best artists who have worked on the series. And a plot that sounds like proper Tomb Raider stuff.
Old 23-02-18, 23:42   #1009
Cezar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
The writing on it is so good! Almost makes you forget that it's a daddy story right after RotTR, which had an actually good father plotline that ended with Lara saying that her father doesn't matter anymore... -_-
LOL Daddy story is the worst motive in TR series, it can't be good.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 00:49   #1010
Portugalraider
Professor

It was in RotTR and I've explained several times why. Still, I do still can see why many don't like any family-oriented story, and quite honestly, I usually don't like them either. Believe me, I still am surprised I liked that plot-point as much as I did in RotTR. Maybe the fact Rhianna didn't want to do it (it was mandated by CD) helps that. She tried to make a father-plot that made sense and didn't undermine Lara as her own character and in my opinion, she succeeded.

And honestly, being father-related is the one grip I have with the story in this arc. Especially, again, as it happens after RotTR, where Lara supposedly is finally over her father's death. But the story on itself is really well written, especially her becoming increasingly ruthless and isolated. The scene were Jonah basically abandons Lara because he doesn't like what she is becoming and knows he can't change her is really well written. So is her journey to find herself and try to forget Trinity. This moments were so well executed in the writing side of this that make me look forward to what the same writers can do with a better, more Tomb Raider-esque plot.