Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 01-05-19, 10:35   #1561
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
In this case they are the same content wise. However, the Omnibus is a soft-cover version, so it is cheaper, but more prone to damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
They're more or less the same. In comics, an Omnibus collects a bunch of volumes.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Good news, it just means library edition vol.2 but with a soft cover instead.
I just don't know why they completely replaced the library edition format with this new one; nevermind it will just mean that I will have a library edition and an omnibus volume.

Is the omnibus edition the same size as the library edition?
If it is, considering the 500 glossy pages (they have a considerable weight) I can imagine it is really fragile, I bet the cover gets folded really easily...
So, it's been confirmed there is no library edition at all?
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 11:32   #1562
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
So, it's been confirmed there is no library edition at all?
No, but I think it's weird that they are announcing a vol.2 of the omnibus version and nothing about a library edition vol.2 while the first library edition came out a long time before the omnibus...
I hope this does mean nothing but I see the possibility of the library edition project be cancelled in favor of the omnibus version.

I really hope it's not the case, though; because I have the first library edition and I'd like to get a second one in the same format.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 11:50   #1563
Linoshi Croft

Hmm, is there no one at Dark Horse or someone who's worked on the comics we could ask to confirm this? At the end of the day I want the library edition, so I'll probably hang on for that. However, if there is no plans for it I'd like to know now, so I can just get the omnibus.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 01-05-19 at 11:51.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 21:56   #1564
Portugalraider

Off-topic, but since unfortunately we will probably won't be having news for Tomb Raider comics for a while, I just wanted to share that Phillip Sevy, who drew all post-RotTR comics (except Survivor's Crusade), will have his first creator-owned mini-series published starting September.

Let's see how well he goes completely on his own. Hey, maybe if his writing is good, it could lead to him writing and pencilling a Tomb Raider series on his own.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 11:58   #1565
TrustyBow

Quote:
Off-topic, but since unfortunately we will probably won't be having news for Tomb Raider comics for a while, I just wanted to share that Phillip Sevy, who drew all post-RotTR comics (except Survivor's Crusade), will have his first creator-owned mini-series published starting September.

Let's see how well he goes completely on his own. Hey, maybe if his writing is good, it could lead to him writing and pencilling a Tomb Raider series on his own.
I'll have to check this out. Thabks for sharing.

I feel like we should do something, in regards to the Tomb Raider comic. Tomb Raider fits so well within the comics medium of storytelling. It seems like a waste to not have an ongoing series. Maybe we can start a petition and get people on this site to put their names on there. Only thing is I'm not really sure how much support it would really get, even on this site. What do you all think?
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 16:18   #1566
biscuits

I fanboyed pretty hard when Linkara of all people reviewed this volume. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his comic reviews! I wonder if it was someone from this forum who requested it on Patreon.

Last edited by biscuits; 26-06-19 at 16:23.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 16:45   #1567
Portugalraider

Quote:

I fanboyed pretty hard when Linkara of all people reviewed this volume. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his comic reviews! I wonder if it was someone from this forum who requested it on Patreon.
He seems a bit too "youtube cringe" for me, but he liked the comic, so he has good taste!

Also, Tomb Raider - Queen of Serpents: Proving that reboot Lara can sport the classic outfit with shorts and look incredible since 2015!
Old 26-06-19, 16:55   #1568
biscuits

Quote:
He seems a bit too "youtube cringe" for me, but he liked the comic, so he has good taste!

Also, Tomb Raider - Queen of Serpents: Proving that reboot Lara can sport the classic outfit with shorts and look incredible since 2015!
Yeah she looked really good in those shorts.
Seeing this video reminded me of how awesome it would be if the Queen Of Serpents was a main character in Shadow.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 16:58   #1569
Portugalraider

Quote:
Yeah she looked really good in those shorts.
Seeing this video reminded me of how awesome it would be if the Queen Of Serpents was a main character in Shadow.
I know, but at the same time, most of the game is in Peru, not Mexico!
Old 30-06-19, 08:21   #1570
Grizzly Bear

I can't wait for the omnibus v.1 to come out so that we can see how it looks.
Since there isn't any news about library edition v.2 but we know that omnibus v.2 is coming, I'm really curious about how a soft cover can handle such a heavy and big book like that!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote