Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 29-06-24, 11:52   #21
fallenangle

What is the flying UPV glitch and how is it enabled?

That's a new one to me.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-24, 13:43   #22
perryloo

Default UPV fly in Madubu Gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
What is the flying UPV glitch and how is it enabled? That's a new one to me.
You need to transfer the UPV into the Madubu Gorge level to be able to UPV fly. I have already done this as per my TR3 game demo below which you can download.

Demo....
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vsf0t...y/UPV.zip/file

UPV flying....
The UPV can be found at the start of the game just where the green lizards appear.

Get on UPV...Ctlr button
Get off UPV, come to a stand still... End button

Normal flying of UPV, just get on and then use Alt button with the arrow direction buttons.
Weird flying position (as photo above) is achieved by hitting green lizards while getting on

Important...

Note that there are two types of water in the game, a textured rapid water look which Lara can fly over, and also there is 'real water' which has depth. If you hit the real water the UPV is sucked down into the water, but you can get back up in the air at the end of the 'real water' area.

To land the UPV....To be able to get off and then back on at any land location, you must ensure the UPV lands right on the surface, otherwise Lara cannot get back on.

Have fun. Perryloo

EDIT.....To start the game hit the Tomb3.exe icon, then setup the resolution, and once in start page rotate to sunglasses and set up gamma (brightness).

I use 1024x768 true colour (32bit)
Gamma set for full brightness (10)
You set up what you want.

Last edited by perryloo; 30-06-24 at 01:12.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-24, 14:29   #23
xtimz

For the details of the flying-UPV bug, I recommend the TR3 speedrun tutorial by icetea_gamer_:
https://youtu.be/d5iq_Ryvvxg (Starting from 3h33m).

For a crazy use of the flying-UPV bug, I recommend the TR3 secret speedrun by Footi:
https://youtu.be/c06QLieWoOI (Starting from 0h52m).
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-24, 00:29   #24
fallenangle

Thanks both ^ ^^.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-24, 11:34   #25
perryloo

Default Have you tried getting the kayak to the top of waterfall?

Looking at past threads, rr_carroll and Patrick Shannon discussed and showed how it was possible to get to the top of the large waterfalls by a specific route using the kayak, as shown in the photo below.

rr_carroll got to the top and the Great Chi also did it as per his video in his video archive on this website. Chi's Video is called 'Kayak climb to the top'.

I tried my best to do it, but got caught halfway up where the Kayak was swamped. So I never got to the top.

It seems to be a case of the kayaks collision detection working against the waterfall collision detection, and who wins out to get further up the waterfalls. A lot of paddling is required to fight your way up against the current, and I mean a lot of paddling.

My fingers were shattered on the keyboard trying to get up there. So here is a challenge for you, and that is have a go with the kayak and lets see if you get up the waterfall, and join the few members on here who have achieved it

perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote