Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 24-06-24, 12:28   #231
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I don't intend any disrespect to your grandmother so please don't take this the wrong way the older generation sometimes say very stupid things.
So do young people.

My grandmother was born in 1907 which means she grew up in a time when trucks delivering Coke looked like this with open sides and glass bottles just out there.

I realize it's probably your own squeamishness that caused you to reject things out of hand, but since delivery trucks don't leave crates of glass-bottled Coke open to the air anymore, I don't think you need to be concerned about dogs peeing on your Cokes.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-24, 13:57   #232
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
So do young people.

My grandmother was born in 1907 which means she grew up in a time when trucks delivering Coke looked like this with open sides and glass bottles just out there.

I realize it's probably your own squeamishness that caused you to reject things out of hand, but since delivery trucks don't leave crates of glass-bottled Coke open to the air anymore, I don't think you need to be concerned about dogs peeing on your Cokes.
Here's a perfect example of a not so young person from a younger generation saying something really stupid then realising just how stupid he is, it's the second guy in the video
https://youtube.com/shorts/B1bEktZB2...Y56AWgcZ5NEHfr

It wasn't about squeamishness it was an attempt at a joke, years ago I saw a funny picture online about how dogs peeing on lampposts was Facebook for dogs and that was where Zuckerberg got the idea for Facebook from.

Also 8000 posts
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-24, 22:30   #233
DragonSlayer

I saw it on one of the front pages on the Sky News press preview a while ago that said a woman was thrown into a police cell after her cheating husband accused her of assault.

This isn't the first time I've heard something like this, wife finds out husband is cheating on her confronts him he slapped her in the face then called the cops complaining about his injured hand, I don't recall what happened to her after he called the cops.
Old 28-06-24, 11:03   #234
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
So do young people.

Heh, one of my grandmothers was born in 1907 as well.

Got pics of her just married in the 30s, walking around in the Twin Cities. Very different time.

I don't worry about bottles, but I do wipe the rims of the cans of soda I drink. Never know where they've been. Get one out of a machine, maybe the deliveryman just had a poop and was in a big hurry, and didn't wash his hands.

I actually try not to drink out of cans anymore, since it all just tastes nasty compared to drinking out of a glass bottle.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 08:49   #235
DragonSlayer

seemingly deliberately poorly designed websites like this one instead of listing all 37 cancelled TV shows on one page they are spread across multiple pages with 2 cancelled TV shows per page with no indication as to a page number.

I could be looking at page 1 or page 10 without knowing what number page I'm on.

It's a deliberately or otherwise poorly designed website that seems designed to frustrate and annoy.

https://www.justjared.com/2024/06/29...m-nbc-more/13/
Old 01-07-24, 10:10   #236
Heckler

Back when bitcoin was young I had about 50 of them as payment for an online freelancing gig. I gave most of it away and ditched the wallet app thing after a pc upgrade as I thought it was just a stupid fad that would die out as fast as it started
Heckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-24, 01:02   #237
DragonSlayer

:hea: the authorities in Dubai holding this person prisoner on charges of attempted suicide and abuse of alcohol
https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0709/1459007-tori-towey/

A travel ban has been imposed on her and her passport has been destroyed.

Why would anyone want to go to Dubai knowing that they could be charged for anything and everything.

Meanwhile this guy a real criminal is strutting around Dubai
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...g-32384008.amp

She's a domestic violence victim when she went to the police she was told to go home to her husband
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41432920.html

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 10-07-24 at 09:17.