Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider I-III Remastered

Old 05-07-24, 22:06   #3741
pixelsunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell91 View Post
I've given up expecting anything, i use to enjoy combing through each level after patch 1 & 2 to see the changes but with all the bad that came with patch 3 apart from outfit select i can't help but just want the bugs fixed & call it a day.

These remasters are way better than any of us could have imagined, even if they're all not consistent in quality it really is a hell of an upgrade from the original. Imagine a year ago thinking we'd have classic tomb raider on modern consoles, on portable consoles, but they didn't stop at a simple port they went over & above & the final product was amazing & having included all expansions that were never released outside of PC was just the icing on the already perfect cake.

I can't wait to see what happens in the future with hope remasters of 4-6 and maybe LAU
This!!! Oh my God!
pixelsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-24, 10:05   #3742
JaySouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
So, apparently the patch has been done for 18 days now... Ugh, I wonder why the approval takes so long, It doesn't help with keeping people's expectation low when it may look like they've been working on the patch for so long now.
Should NOT take this long unless it failed approval...
JaySouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-24, 11:20   #3743
tombstone

after replay of the ps1 ps3 ports, yeah the remasters are heavensent, I don't remember them being so blurry and 4 fps.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-24, 22:40   #3744
oubukibun

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazlink View Post
There's other things I'd still like to see, there may be more too, but this is all I can think of for now. If we're just talking features:

-Level Select
-Story So Far

-Option for transparent inventory for TR1&3 + carpet for TR2 in Remastered Graphics + music to keep playing while in inventory
-Option to rebind controls that currently can't be changed
-Option to separate walk from side step + separate side step keys
-Pause function
-Option for analog control for walk (tilt slightly to walk, further for normal movement)
-Graphics options including choosing the Savegame Crystal style to match either Saturn or PS1 versions
-Option to use Savegame Crystals or Save Anywhere in TR1&3
-Option for classic New Game+ and/or a custom difficulty where you can change various settings such as damage, weapons, ammo, medipacks, save crystals etc.
-In the Extras menu, rename Credits to Remaster Credits and add the Classic/Original Credits sequences
-Missing voice lines from console versions to be re-instated if a workaround can be found

Pipe dream hope:
-In the Extras menu, add a Gallery option with the following:

1. FMVs
Rewatch all the FMVs from the game, plus "deleted" or "unused" FMVs from the period the original games came out including Laura Cruz ones
2. Renders
View all the old renders made around the original games release, as well as the loading screens and title screens for the game, expansions, and box arts including the ones made for the remaster too of course
3. Model Viewer
View various models from the game, characters, enemies, items etc. Maybe also rotate, zoom in/out and play their animations too
4. Sound Test
Listen to all the music and sound effects
5. Super pipe dream hope: Magazine Scans
Scans from magazines from the period of the original games release, including the covers if Lara Croft/Tomb Raider was featured and scans of the articles covering them
Holy moly... I must've been sleeping when reading the info on the save situation. I totally missed that it's 36 saves across ALL 3 of the games. What unhinged lunacy is that?! This means you can't make individual saves for each game's levels and have your own makeshift level select (not on the PS4-PS5 at least).

I'm almost through TR3 (my fave) and I've realized my The Great Wall Save and my Caves saves are keeping me from having a save for the final level, Reunion.

Unreal.

There's been no official word as to why there's no level select, correct? Because if the PSX had it I don't entirely buy that it's "just not possible" now.

Heck, at least give us the ability to delete saves or, you know, add enough slots.

Pssh.
oubukibun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 01:32   #3745
Guilherme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySouth View Post
Should NOT take this long unless it failed approval...
Could be or could be that further development is currently being done at Aspyr after Saber sent their version of the game... We'll figure out soon, I guess.
Guilherme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 02:20   #3746
charmedangelin

Y'all are being too dramatic, it's coming. Approval usually takes 3-4 weeks.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 03:06   #3747
egypt_gypsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubukibun View Post
Holy moly... I must've been sleeping when reading the info on the save situation. I totally missed that it's 36 saves across ALL 3 of the games. What unhinged lunacy is that?! This means you can't make individual saves for each game's levels and have your own makeshift level select (not on the PS4-PS5 at least).

I'm almost through TR3 (my fave) and I've realized my The Great Wall Save and my Caves saves are keeping me from having a save for the final level, Reunion.

Unreal.

There's been no official word as to why there's no level select, correct? Because if the PSX had it I don't entirely buy that it's "just not possible" now.

Heck, at least give us the ability to delete saves or, you know, add enough slots.

Pssh.
Wait, what? Unless it changed since I last played, you get a set of save slots for each game. I don't remember how many, but it was enough to save at the beginning of each level in TR1 and also have a secondary save for that level.
egypt_gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 04:14   #3748
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
Wait, what? Unless it changed since I last played, you get a set of save slots for each game. I don't remember how many, but it was enough to save at the beginning of each level in TR1 and also have a secondary save for that level.
Hasnt changed on PC atleast, always and still is 32 slots per game+ it's gold so far, 96 for the entire thing.

Re the old level select on PS1 - this was also possible on PC for tr2 and tr3 with a script flag change so yeah it's sooo frustrating it's not turning on as a reward for game complete indeed claiming it's not possible isn't it

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 11-07-24 at 04:20.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 09:03   #3749
Lara303

Hopefully Patch drop today or tomorrow.
Lara303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 10:41   #3750
moodydog

was this anything?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-11 124051.png
Views:	103