Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-12-18, 22:26   #21051
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I was thinking about the apocalypse and I came to a conclusion: it's not really a plot hole, I mean, the problem was that the marketing was too focus on it!
If we never knew about the apocalypse before the game launched, probably while playing we would have thought that the "apocalypse" was just emphasized by Trinity....
We had very high expectations for something that wasn't even meant to be the main focus of the plot!
I agree .

I've never really felt that there was an apocalypse taking place . Everything looked and felt very peaceful and normal , not an ounce of urgency in the air , I don't think the Yaku village looked any less Shantytown-ish before the storm and safe for a few people talking about it we wouldn't have guessed anything out of the ordinary has happened . Paititi looked perfectly untouched with its inhabitants doing their everyday business completely unfussed and same with San Juan . It's like the game forgot what it's supposed to be about , even the volcanic eruption and the earthquake weren't given the dramatic , epic introduction they deserved and got reduced -combined- to a single (and abrupt) mudslide set-piece , there's an almost perceptible feeling of rushness and cut content . What happened ?

For a game that's been in the making since mid-2015 and released late 2018 , I shouldn't have had that feeling , and for that I'm really sad . I'm very intrigued about the development cycle of the game , it's like the sudden change of developer wasn't without certain consequences .

Last edited by Patrick star; 12-12-18 at 22:28.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 22:28   #21052
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Ya see, I'm not sure if anything changed or if they were just selling the darker aesthetic at first. Rise had a similar fate where the Cinematic trailer was completely different from what was actually released.

With Shadow, the Cinematic trailer was very dark but most of the trailers after that showed a lighter tone. I think what we got was always what was planned but the marketing was just very unfocused.
That could be the case, still I remember that concept art with Lara in that Mayan Tomb and it makes me sad that we didn't get that in the end.

I do know after Shadow to never trust marketing again.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 23:39   #21053
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
That could be the case, still I remember that concept art with Lara in that Mayan Tomb and it makes me sad that we didn't get that in the end.

I do know after Shadow to never trust marketing again.
That's right! I actually forgot about that. Well, Mayan tombs was kinda Underworld's thing, so I'm actually fine with them not including it in Shadow to avoid any similarities between them.

They aren't trustworthy no...
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 23:44   #21054
johnanonymouz

I just watched the 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider - New Adventures Trailer' video on youtube and they mentioned that each dlc would give us a new path, not only a skill. They said in the video that at the end of the season pass we would have 10 paths, 7 paths from the dlc and the 3 standard paths of new game+. A path gives more than one skill if i remember correctly but we only got one? Is there a 4th path in new game+ that i dont know about? Did I not get this right?
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 17:09   #21055
Zsott

^I vaugely remember something along those lines, but not sure.

------

Is there any reference in the game towards the events of Siberia and Syria?
(conversation between mercenaries and the like...)
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 17:21   #21056
LaraCroftSotTR

Not sure either. Could be. And I'm also no longer sure, if more paths would make the game better.
Well it does, if we get new costumes.... But even more skills?
At first, I thought they would limit certain skills to a certain path / playthrough.
Let's say firearms only (+ ropes, the game doesn't work without it) or bow and stealth only. But we simply get everything. (Once all skills are unlocked.)

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 13-12-18 at 17:22.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 21:31   #21057
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
^I vaugely remember something along those lines, but not sure.

------

Is there any reference in the game towards the events of Siberia and Syria?
(conversation between mercenaries and the like...)
Hmmm I can only remember Commander Rourke telling Lara that he should have killed her in Siberia and that was via radio in mission San Juan.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 22:54   #21058
johnanonymouz

I wish a future DLC skill brings back weapon finishers
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-18, 06:16   #21059
KennyC222

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Hmmm I can only remember Commander Rourke telling Lara that he should have killed her in Siberia and that was via radio in mission San Juan.
If he has killed Lara straight away in Siberia (he would love to btw), then Shadow game would not have existed at all! lol! Or Just another protagonist would have replaced Lara for hunting Trinity down lol...

The storyline will all be changed from the original too!
KennyC222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-18, 16:59   #21060
OrangeJuice

still no photomode patch for shadow on steam fellas but hey at least we just got a 200mb patch for rise ?????
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote