Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 08-04-19, 14:54   #21
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Something like this by Fredels:

I just feel like they need to actually try to make her look like herself moving forward. They can add some "girl next door" flair if they want to avoid the perfect doll or runway model look, but there are ways to do that while still making her recognizable as Lara Croft.
This is not reboot Lara though…
This is classic Lara
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 14:56   #22
biscuits

Am I the only person who would like to see a bun? Ditch the ponytail and braid!! I want a bun instead
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 14:57   #23
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
This is not reboot Lara though…
This is classic Lara
And I believe reboot Lara needs to look more like classic Lara. Doesn't have to be exact, but given that she's essentially supposed to be the same character she needs to at least have the same facial features and coloring just tweaked to their liking.

They can reboot-ify a classic Lara, TR2013's promo arts did just that, just with different hair and coloring.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 15:00   #24
Lyle Croft

Like the proper woman of colour she is!!!
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 15:03   #25
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Give me a slightly older, more experienced reboot Lara, showing more of her witty and badass side like in the reboot comics, with better hair (again, look at the comics or even to Alicia's Lara), a more stylish, sports-like redesign of her SotTR outfit and dual guns.
This would be perfect for me.

By not making Lara how she is in the comics, they're really missing out. Reboot comic Lara is the perfect balance between classic and new.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 08-04-19 at 15:04.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 15:06   #26
Vaskito

Quote:
given that she's essentially supposed to be the same character
No, she's not. She's supposed to be a different take on Lara Croft. She's not supposed to be classic Lara. That's the whole point of the reboot in the first place.

I agree that personality wise she could get some traits - but IMO that isn't actually needed, since she already has the (IMO) perfect personality in the comics that is really well balanced with classic Lara traits, but feeling natural to reboot Lara's personality - they just need to show up in the games, which is something I hope they do for TReboot 4.

I don't think they can realistically "classicfy" reboot Lara though. If they did, it would feel like a personality transplant. I want reboot Lara to be herself, and shine in her own games until her story is over. I would rather they'd just cancel the reboot era, than to make a senseless, unnatural personality transplant on this version of Lara that I happen to love the most. Think of what you're asking, but the other way around. Imagine that they did not call the games a reboot, and stated this is classic Lara. How would you feel about that? This is how I'd feel if reboot Lara is turned into something that she's not
Old 08-04-19, 15:08   #27
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
No, she's not. She's supposed to be a different take on Lara Croft. She's not supposed to be classic Lara. That's the whole point of the reboot in the first place.

I agree that personality wise she could get some traits - but IMO that isn't actually needed, since she already has the (IMO) perfect personality that is really well balanced with classic Lara traits, but feeling natural to reboot Lara's personality - they just need to show up in the games, which is something I hope they do for TReboot 4.

I don't think they can realistically "classicfy" reboot Lara though. If they did, it would feel like a personality transplant. I want reboot Lara to be herself, and shine in her own games until her story is over. I would rather they'd just cancel the reboot era, than to make a senseless, unnatural personality transplant on this version of Lara that I happen to love the most. Think of what you're asking, but the other way around. Imagine that they did not call the games a reboot, and stated this is classic Lara. How would you feel about that? This is how I'd feel if reboot Lara is turned into something that she's not
Not trying to argue with you, just posted a picture of what I would want Lara to look like moving forward. You don't have to like it, I don't see what there is to debate here on personal preference.

If reboot Lara continues I want her to merge more with classic Lara. That's my preference and you can like it or not like it, but nitpicking my own opinions on what I would like isn't really accomplishing anything for anyone.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 15:14   #28
Vaskito

Quote:
but nitpicking my own opinions on what I would like isn't really accomplishing anything for anyone.
Are you really trying to turn this into another personal attack argument?
So it's impossible to have a normal on-topic conversation, without you playing this card, even after we've sorted this out through PMs? FFS

I don't know why I even try.

All I did was point out your photo is classic Lara, and why it wouldn't make sense to turn reboot into classic Lara, considering this was a thread about what you expect of reboot Lara, not classic Lara. But yea, "nitpicking" -.-'

Last edited by Vaskito; 08-04-19 at 15:17.
Old 08-04-19, 15:17   #29
biscuits

Quote:
Not trying to argue with you, just posted a picture of what I would want Lara to look like moving forward. You don't have to like it, I don't see what there is to debate here on personal preference.

If reboot Lara continues I want her to merge more with classic Lara. That's my preference and you can like it or not like it, but nitpicking my own opinions on what I would like isn't really accomplishing anything for anyone.
I think a more Classic-like reboot Lara is a possibility if they age her up a few years to a point where she is already an experienced explorer.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 15:18   #30
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I think a more Classic-like reboot Lara is a possibility if they age her up a few years to a point where she is already an experienced explorer.
It depends on how it's done. Like I've said, she already has that personality in the comics, which is perfectly balanced. If they make a personality transplant and make her act 100% like classic Lara it would simply be senseless to me