Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-05-19, 17:32   #111
DragonSlayer

My favourite parts of the game so far.

Deacon and Boozer going for a bike ride and that song playing

The flashback to Deacon's wedding and Sarah saying as part of her vows only of you promise to ride me as much as you ride your bike that line made me

Boozer and his puppy

@Blackmoor I don't know if hordes do respawn, I've only taken one out myself and that was a medium sized horde inside a cave probably about 50 breakers were in that horde but it was dark so I couldn't get an accurate count.

There is one horde in particular right next to a parked train that I want to take out but the sound from a nearby alarm is continuous and I can't get near enough to turn it off without being seen by the breakers.

@Robm_2007 Fox News is only obsessed with boobs and making false claims that Mass Effect can be customised to sodomise whatever, whomever, however the player wishes among others, I'm surprised that they didn't make more of a fuss about Mass Effect Andromeda you see more in that games romance scenes than in the previous three Mass Effect games put together.

Fox News will save the killing of zombie children for a slow news day and they will probably try and link it to a school shooting incident.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 18:15   #112
Tombraider95

https://i.imgur.com/cGboXoI.jpg

The image speaks for itself. He could be overtaking Nathan. <3
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 14:11   #113
DragonSlayer

Question is there a way to turn off the speakers that are on top of the poles at Nero checkpoints I've googled it but keep getting the same search result, disable the speakers on top of the Nero checkpoint cabins.

I couldn't figure out how to switch them off at one checkpoint so I left them on and ran inside one of the cabins took everything and ran back out to switch them off before a horde could appear, I didn't want to waste the few bullets I had as I wasn't sure if shooting the speakers would turn them off and I didn't want to attract a horde that attacked a load of bad guys and cleared out a camp for me.

The only two things I don't like in the game is how no missions prior to heading to Colonel Garrett's part of the game require you to have nitro installed on Deke's bike then you get a mission from Colonel Garrett where you have to chase some guy on a bike and the gap in the bridge is too big to make it over without nitro I've got to get another 15000 trust with a camp before I can get nitro.

The other thing is when a question mark appears on the radar it only stays there for a few seconds before disappearing so I can't do whatever needs doing where it appears,, why can't the question mark just stay on the map once you it appears.

I have an issue with Colonel Garrett I'm trying to turn in a mission but I'm not getting an on screen prompt to turn in the mission I've reloaded the game then quit and loaded the game and still nothing, has this happened to anyone else and how did you solve this issue?

Has anyone had any difficulty in defeating one of the big hordes, I had no difficulty in doing so, I did one of the big ones in stages I'd kill as many as possible then run to my bike and drive off when they would find me and come back and finish them off when they had stood down from red alert, it was easier than doing all of them in one go and I needed to go and scavenge for supplies for more Molotov's and pipe bombs when I ran low on both those items
Old 15-06-19, 20:13   #114
DragonSlayer

Bump this topic is as dead as the various hordes in the game I thought it would be more active than it has been, there mustn't be very many on here playing it.

I got the platinum trophy, burnout apocalypse was the last trophy I had to get before the platinum, a tip to make it easier to get the area outside the hot springs camp is the best place to get it as it's perfectly flat which will make it much easier to get.

Don't do it outside the diamond lake camp which is where powerpyx did it in his video that's not an ideal location to try it, cougars and freakers will attack while you are trying to get the trophy and there is too much clutter in the area like tree stumps that can interfere with getting the trophy.

Next up survival difficulty.
Old 15-06-19, 20:58   #115
Tombraider95

I've been quite slow at progressing in this game so I haven't spoken about it much. But I love it! I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would and Deacon is easily one of my favourite video game characters.

I'm excited for the free updates during this month, including endless horde mode! That should be fun!
Old 15-06-19, 21:46   #116
Blackmoor

I'd be really interested to know what scores out of 10 would you guys would give it and how long does it take to complete on first playthrough.....
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 22:04   #117
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I'd be really interested to know what scores out of 10 would you guys would give it and how long does it take to complete on first playthrough.....
I wish PS4 would tell you how many hours you've been playing a game.

I've been playing most nights a least an hour since release back in April, so I'd say I've been playing around 15-20 hours. Not sure. But I think I'm only about half way through. There's plenty of side stuff to keep you busy in-between the main storylines.

I don't wanna score it yet as I haven't finished but it's definitely up there with my favourite games so far.
Old 16-06-19, 11:09   #118
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I've been quite slow at progressing in this game so I haven't spoken about it much. But I love it! I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would and Deacon is easily one of my favourite video game characters.

I'm excited for the free updates during this month, including endless horde mode! That should be fun!
Yeah, im playing it every day but progress is slow.
I dont know what it is that doesnt has me as hyped to the point where i constantly need to talk about the game.
It hits all the right notes.

One thing i might have to criticise is that all the stories are written a bit lackluster as if they werent done out of genuine want but more just to have something going on.
I dont expect groundbreaking storytelling, but even those jobs etc feel a bit like they have no real focus in their own writing.

As much as i enjoy the game overall, i have yet to encounter real passion in the project.
All is done nicely and well enough, but that seems to be it.
Outside of the setting you dont find much that makes the game stand out.

I dont know, i really like the game and enjoy any minute...but if i dont play a day or two i dont feel like i miss it.
That might sound negative but it really isnt, i have a lot of fun with the game.
It just hasnt captured my full interest with anything.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-19, 19:22   #119
Tombraider95

Actually I will rate it now as I've just got to the part where you play as Deacon shirtless.

10/10

Game of the year!
Old 17-06-19, 17:05   #120
robm_2007

Oh my.

How far into the game is that? Unless it lets you later on, one of my main gripes about the game is lack of being about to customize his outfits. RDR2 really spoiled me in that regard.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote