www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 25-01-21, 01:40   #35001
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I don't think I've seen it but I would love it.

I'm firmly a Carlos x Jill shipper though.
Carlos and Jill? It is Chris and Jill. The way they call each-other partners is clearly there to disguise their relationship. Most likely because of fraternization rules.

Though I suppose Carlos would be an okay second pick. I mean he did have to take care of her while she was unconscious. That would not have been pleasant.

Speaking of Carlos, why did they give him such a bad hair cut in the remake? The more clean cut looks is 100x better on him.
Old 25-01-21, 01:43   #35002
Gothlegend
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I had an age when I'd say Silent Hill > Resident Evil.

It's so sad.
The golden age
Old 25-01-21, 02:40   #35003
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothlegend View Post
The golden age
Indeed, my friend. I miss those times

It was so clear back then.
Old 25-01-21, 08:41   #35004
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Carlos and Jill? It is Chris and Jill. The way they call each-other partners is clearly there to disguise their relationship. Most likely because of fraternization rules.

Though I suppose Carlos would be an okay second pick. I mean he did have to take care of her while she was unconscious. That would not have been pleasant.

Speaking of Carlos, why did they give him such a bad hair cut in the remake? The more clean cut looks is 100x better on him.
Nah they're just "partners" in terms of their work. I feel like their relationship is presented as extremely close platonic friends rather than a romantic couple. There's zero flirtation or sexual chemistry there.

Unlike with Carlos, who flirts heavily with Jill and she seems to warm to him later on.

I also believe there's basis to the gay Chris fan arts. While it's not explicitly said, there's a lot of low-key (and sometimes high-key) homoeroticism and coding of Chris as a gay character in the games. Whether this started unintentionally and Capcom just decided to capitalise on it after they saw how popular Chris is with gay fans, or they always intended to keep him ambiguous so people could interpret him that way, it's definitely there.

I can't not see him as a queen, personally.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 09:04   #35005
jajay119
Tomb Raider

There are rumours online that Capcom aren't showing Ethan's face because he is secretly Leon who has been brainwashed to forget his identity.... like are people seriously this desperate to have Chris and Leon involved in EVERY installment?
Old 25-01-21, 09:51   #35006
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

If that's true then it just continues the tradition of Leon appearing in every even-number title. Whoever came up with that idea is a minion if the antichrist though and we really don't need more Leon right now, with the RE4 remake in the wind.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 25-01-21 at 09:52.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 10:56   #35007
rewak
Professor

He's not Leon, you can see Ethans face all over the place. Also Ethan and Mia married in 2011, Damnation takes places in 2011, 6 takes place in 2013, then RE7 takes place in 2017.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 11:46   #35008
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
He's not Leon, you can see Ethans face all over the place. Also Ethan and Mia married in 2011, Damnation takes places in 2011, 6 takes place in 2013, then RE7 takes place in 2017.
Oh I know, it baffles me people even think it. I'm so bored of Leon I really cannot understand why people want him in every installment.
Old 25-01-21, 12:02   #35009
rewak
Professor

It's crazy, I don't get why people consider him the main character of the franchise. Jill has been in as many games as Leon and she's constantly shoved aside. I think the CG movies really clinched it, they put him front and centre every time. Plus there's another one coming this year so it's not like the Leon fans have to go hungry. I could actually see them doing something dumb and having Leon show up at the end of Village just like Chris did at the end of 7 though, that sounds like Capcom.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 12:20   #35010
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The funny thing is I always considered him a side character until RE4. I always really felt Claire was the main character of RE2 given her story links directly to RE1 and she was the first out the two of them to get a sequel. Funny how times change cause REmake2 definitely pushed Leon as the main.