www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 11-01-20, 15:51   #15461
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

In more "IMDB is a crappy source this soon" news, Aaron Haye is supposedly now the production designer.

This one I do not really believe because, while he has worked with both Graham King in Bohemian Rhapsody and with Elizabeth Cantillon in Charlie's Angels, he doesn't really seem to have experience with Adventure movies. He seems to go either for "biopic" realism or for sci-fi stuff.
Old 11-01-20, 17:10   #15462
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Hmm, not many credits to his name but it could be legitimate. Gary Freeman got took on from Allied so maybe Graham called the shots.

Dunno how valid this news could be.
Old 11-01-20, 19:28   #15463
Rai

I'm not very familiar with the behind the scenes side of film making. Does it really matter if this guy doesn't have experience in adventure movies specifically?

Right now, I'm willing to take any news coming .

Last edited by Rai; 11-01-20 at 19:30.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 20:16   #15464
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I hope it is false. Charlie's Angels has a cheap and simple production design.

Ok. I'm a little freak ... I've seen your website. And also his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/aelvishaye/

And he has been visiting many snowy landscapes in Canada in recent months ... I know this is silly. But who knows!

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 11-01-20 at 20:24.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 20:22   #15465
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Yeah Charlieís Angels didnít have great production design I must say and I liked that film. They did a good job on urban locations but otherwise itís VERY TV.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 20:52   #15466
SoraSakai
Professor

Give him a chance ^.^
Old 11-01-20, 21:45   #15467
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Holy cow, his Instagram posts - he really is scouting Tomb Raider 2, not just the landscapes but all those refineries and industrial pics.
Old 11-01-20, 21:46   #15468
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm just reading that Graham King is lead producer on Sandra Bullock's latest Netflix film which is gearing up to film soon and has a full cast announced.

Considering Graham is very hands on and spends time on set during the shoot I expect this will probably film first and wrap around April or May.

Kristin is doing theatre work in London too this winter so she will be unavailable around November. Narrowing it down filming would likely start between April-October time. Maybe they are prepping a lot before hand so they're really prepared come shooting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 11-01-20 at 21:47.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 21:49   #15469
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'm just reading that Graham King is lead producer on Sandra Bullock's latest Netflix film which is gearing up to film soon and has a full cast announced.

Considering Graham is very hands on and spends time on set during the shoot I expect this will probably film first and wrap around April or May.

Kristin is doing theatre work in London too this winter so she will be unavailable around November. Narrowing it down filming would likely start between April-October time. Maybe they are prepping a lot before hand so they're really prepared come shooting.
Unless he's dropping it and letting Elizabeth Cantillon do the day to day... If they had to finish shooting in October, that'd even give them less time for post than the first one.
Old 11-01-20, 22:01   #15470
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Well, if Aaron's Instagram can indeed look like a sort of "source" or "proof", Canada would make sense: looks winter-y and has tax incentives to shoot there.

I wouldn't still count as confirmation of anything yet, though. There were still those rumours about Norway, which could make more sense from a budget perspective: since the movie is also filming in the UK, Norway could be cheaper for that, since it still in Europe.

Hell, they don't even need to leave the UK if they do go for a RotTR-inspired movie: they could also easily film exterior shots in Scotland or something, have all production based on the UK and perhaps save even more money.