Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 13-02-18, 15:28   #8311
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well, tomorrow, yes.
Today it's : Tomb Raider Tuesday
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 15:36   #8312
Soma Holiday

When do yall think we'll know the official budget? I really want to know before opening weekend.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 16:10   #8313
GeekOfComedy

^ Usually find out before opening weekend.

Based on Warner Brothers marketing history we should have the final trailer next week. Personally I think it's too little time between trailer #2 and #3 but if the trailer came out next week it'd only be 28 days from the films release and their not gonna release a new trailer less than 20 days away as it takes like two weeks for a trailer to go from YouTube to the cinema pre-roll. I mean big cities it goes pretty quick but in most countries it takes a while. That said, no word on trailer track yet...

wow, this movie is coming out soon.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 13-02-18 at 16:12.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 16:15   #8314
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
^ Usually find out before opening weekend.

Based on Warner Brothers marketing history we should have the final trailer next week. Personally I think it's too little time between trailer #2 and #3 but if the trailer came out next week it'd only be 28 days from the films release and their not gonna release a new trailer less than 20 days away as it takes like two weeks for a trailer to go from YouTube to the cinema pre-roll. I mean big cities it goes pretty quick but in most countries it takes a while. That said, no word on trailer track yet...

wow, this movie is coming out soon.
When do movies get "Launch Trailers" EXACTLY
I feel like the next one will be the last trailer
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 16:22   #8315
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
When do movies get "Launch Trailers" EXACTLY
I feel like the next one will be the last trailer
Launch trailer or final trailer - same thing. WB numbers their trailers. Now there Is no guarantee we'll get a third trailer but considering this is the major release for WB that month (RPO AWOL, possible stinker on their hands which would be shocking considering Spielberg) and the fact a lot of people aren't sold on the film, they need a third trailer. If anything, to convince the people on the fence that it's something worth seeing for a strong opening weekend.

I think after reading the French article spoiler some of those moments need to be in the trailer, I guess I'd be sad in that they'd make for great visual surprises but lets get people into the cinema before worrying about if they gave too much of the movie away.

I think if she hits a Lucy opening weekend like 40M and then plays the long game and on the strength of the reviews (if it's good) then make up the money and again, do a JUMANJI. Black Panther internal est. go as low as $70M and they'd call that underperforming BUT NOT A FLOP and that's comic book level.

Also China will be super important for that film. GEOSTORM pulled off an abnormal strong opening weekend as it was billed as the Daniel Wu Movie and I suspect that's why WB got the same date release as USA so they can pull some creative writing off for the opening weekend numbers. When reported they tend to be domestic as in USA only but I wouldn't be surprised to see big international numbers thrown around in publications.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 13-02-18 at 16:25.
Old 13-02-18, 16:42   #8316
Ellioft

When we knows about the lenght of the movie ? In a few weeks ?
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 16:47   #8317
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Idk but it needs to be 2h(but not necessary) we have to accept her as a random normal fragile girl in the first 20-30 min it needs to feel like that i dont want to jump in the action so quick
And of course she musnt be the Tomb Raider (when she gets to island) so quick
It would feel incomplete

Last edited by 2001LC20; 13-02-18 at 16:52.
Old 13-02-18, 17:03   #8318
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Once ticket pre-sales start because then theatres have to begin their own schedules of what film will play in what screen at what time.

(Exception if only pre-sales for midnight showings that will give us no clue, I'm talking full on weekend ticket pre-sales)

Then the cinema websites tend to release the number on their own website.

Heres the Justice League articles when that running time was announced: https://mashable.com/2017/10/24/just.../#h.wVJRZGdZq1

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 13-02-18 at 17:05.
Old 13-02-18, 17:06   #8319
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Once ticket pre-sales start because then theatres have to begin their own schedules of what film will play in what screen at what time.

(Exception if only pre-sales for midnight showings that will give us no clue, I'm talking full on weekend ticket pre-sales)
When will the reviews will first appear tho?
The movie will be released in mar 9 but do we have to wait till that day?
Old 13-02-18, 17:07   #8320
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:

When will the reviews will first appear tho?
The movie will be released in mar 9 in some countries but do we have to wait till that day?