Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 04-09-19, 11:30   #21
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I actually agree with multiplayer being shoved into single player games. It's annoying and really just gets in the way sometimes. There is a reason why we have multiple genres in gaming. Let us single player folks have our single player gamer games.

The same goes for difficulty, don't make everything pander to everyone
From Software has the right attitude in that they respect their vision and that there are multiple genres of games to play. Your not going to like everything out there so why make everything cater to you?
Bad news yet another single player game is getting multiplayer tacked on, this time it's Cyberpunk 2077, the multiplayer will be available at some point after launch.

Let's hope that whatever trophies if any the multiplayer will have will be trophies that people will have a reasonable chance of unlocking, Resistance 2 had a very grindy trophy kill 10,000 people online, I didn't bother with that trophy too time consuming and it was only a silver trophy when it should have been a gold trophy.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 21:00   #22
tomee

Oh, I got a good one. This is a dumb decision that *I* made, due to a misinterpretation and not doing enough research.

So I'm a pharmacy student and before starting my final year, as part of my curriculum, I need to work at a public pharmacy for 10 weeks in the summer. Now, according to Hungarian law, you can't do work for over 6 weeks without being contractually employed and being paid. Since this is part of my education, I can request a pharmacy to take me in, but I can't force myself on them for all of the 10 weeks I need to complete. The shortcut is that, instead of working for 10 weeks in one place, you can work for 5 weeks each in 2 different pharmacies.

So, according to my understanding at the time, our salary was going to be 15% of the minimum wage, which sounds almost negligible and I decided to not press and instead just apply to 2 different places. Turns out, the salary was going to be 15% .... each week. Some of my friends are pocketing up to 520 € for 10 weeks of superwised, guided and very relaxed work and I'm going to receive... nothing.

In the long run this won't matter much, because pharmacists make good money and I'm graduating in less than a year, but goddamnit, that's still 520 euros less in my pockets. This is so embarrassing, I don't even dare telling anyone at home.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 21:08   #23
Tomb Raidering

I gather you’ve done the right thing, religiously speaking...
Realistically speaking, why didn’t you research about people that was in your situation and request info from them...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 21:22   #24
tomee

There wasn't a right or wrong choice. My options were to either
A - work 10 weeks in a single pharmacy, but only if they were willing to employ and pay me
or
B - work in 2 different pharmacies for 5 weeks each, both unpaid

I think I learned it from hearsay that the salary would be 15% of the minimum wage - meaning around 52 € for all 10 weeks. I didn't want to ask a pharmacy owner to pay me, on top of requesting to take me under their wings. Thing is however, as it turns out, the salary is not just 52 € by itself, but 10 times 52 €. If I had known this, I would've just kept searching until finding a place that was willing to pay. I trusted however what I had heard at first and as a result I didn't care to look into it.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 04:12   #25
bollweevil

I made a pretty dumb decision this week.

Had to postpone moving into my apartment bc I procrastinated setting up my utilities until the last minute.
bollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:08   #26
Woops

Making an account here.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:43   #27
Tomb Raidering

^^^
I wonder if we could delete our accounts á la FB without leaving a trace? (Not that I want! )
Old 05-09-19, 15:50   #28
jackali
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
^^^
I wonder if we could delete our accounts á la FB without leaving a trace? (Not that I want! )
That would be very difficult to do, as the forum software doesn't really allow for it.

The best we could really suggest is for you to edit all of your posts to remove the content, and then we could close the account permanently.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 15:54   #29
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
That would be very difficult to do, as the forum software doesn't really allow for it.

The best we could really suggest is for you to edit all of your posts to remove the content, and then we could close the account permanently.
Thanks for the reply ^.^
Old 05-09-19, 15:59   #30
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Thanks for the reply ^.^
I can cancel your membership and delete personally identifiable information you posted on our forum per your request. Please use the contact us forum to initiate this request.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote