Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 21-06-10, 16:36   #1021
RunrigNutter

Another song from this year

The Gael (Song of the dust)

Verse 1

A language that wasn't without authority or voice, was a struggling languages, but I think deep down my heart it will get better. Place I love to go, want to breathe you love again, when I'm hearing something some precious and that's the language of the Gael. People thought it was dying, but it proves that with the love, the passion from new bands new singers that keep playing the songs of the Gael. I wished I could learn it, but need to roll my tongue and if I could I would try and preserve it forever more. Don't turn around like this, don't throw it all away, language like this oh deserves to stay.

I would hear it, breaks my heart when people say it's dying when it's not. But I think it will survive, and I for one when I'm older, fight for it's place of recognized languages

Chorus

Keep it alive, keep it whole so future generations can sing without fear or despair. Don't let it go to waste, someone's soul falls, drops like the sweetest teardrops falling from the skies. Raise your voices, make it be heard, keep rising up, high up into your heart, the heart of love. Take away this pain, take away this suffering, and if you like me, Seinn, Seinn, Seinn until the voices up in the sky can hear your pain, hear your cries, the cry of the Gael

Verse 2

Years ago, twas really popular, being spoken widely in our lives. But when they had the battle of Culloden all them years ago I thought the language was to die, be extinct forever. They forced people out of their homes, to find shelter elsewhere, away from the place that they was home to them. But what happened in the process people who were evicted from their homes, took their culture and languages to Europe. But deep down they know they will go back home, knowing that's where they belong, couldn't face being away from the scenery they only knew well. Rise to the skies forever..

A language with a passion one that will succeed in years to come. But I think it will be here for years to come, people still speaking the language, men, woman and children

Chorus

Keep it alive, keep it whole so future generations can sing without fear or despair. Don't let it go to waste, someone's soul falls, drops like the sweetest teardrops falling from the skies. Raise your voices, make it be heard, keep rising up, high up into your heart, the heart of love. Take away this pain, take away this suffering, and if you like me, Seinn, Seinn, Seinn until the voices up in the sky can hear your pain, hear your cries, the cry of the Gael

Verse 3

Cry out your tears of pain, don't be ashamed,'twasn't your fault, go out there, language is here to stay. I know some of us are judgmental but if you love to show respect to the language of the Gael, they will respect you. A singer who sings in the language should sail around the world. Did you respect the king, but they couldn't finish the war? I might be a poet, one who walked the road, will rise and fall, they will stand tall. Oh like victory of war is like they're drinking for a job well-done not understanding they will never win could not be caught. Love so strong, light will shine, oh will blind you

Fire is burning inside your heart, will shine. But the language will not melt away, will stay preserved for all of time. Loving a language that's not yours, is that really a crime?

Chorus

Verse 4

But you could read, those history books that showed the facts, but it wont change anything the battle for the language is still to be won. Among the clothes, amongst the love of the noise of battle, fuss of giving don you let go, and let history feels like it's won your hearts, it's what you believe. I cant sop to catch my breath, I wont look no further, to find what makes me happy inside. I wont turn away again because I know my heart has found it's home. People that I have met, enemies wont become my friends, adventures I will take to preserve my language, the language of the Gael

I don't mind taking risks as long as I get something good out of it, one that will make my heart feel whole. I'll return your place I'm happy of humble grace, with joy with love.

Chorus

Verse 5

I'll return to the wide Northern Skies, one with the barley that the sun hasn't yet touch, with the wafer-thin clouds which passes above the silhouetted shadows of the glen. I now feel sombre, full of the darkest grays. I cant watch the sun as I be too early to see but too hurried to eve stay. But that sunset will be etched in my mind, picture like like a photograph, a place that holds many memories. When I went before, I left the million stars that burn so bright in the twilight sky, but the ocean which is light filled with the darkest blue like the tears that fall out my heavy eyes and falls to the ground.

I left the warmth of the sun million adventure that I couldn't begin. Oh there was beauty lying here for me under the wide Northern Skies, wish I could go back again,

Chorus

Verse 6

I can see the rugged mountains, that go well with the scenery. Purple heather on the hillside, now summer is on it's way. I saw the fields of green, glens in the distance and my heart, oh how it breaks. Hole's in my heart, because I love you dearly, but I wont forget you. Seen the ocean which is dark as blue to walk on the edge of the shore, leavings like heartbreak and I'm in terrible pain, pieces I need to find again to rise up again to go back to Northern country, place I call home

Poetry what I write couldn't make me feel more at home. Alba laughter and music through the night how can I forget you my true love? Now I've found some deeper roots

Chorus

Verse 7

Now I know when I leave, this is lonely country keeps me coming back to gaze at the wide open sea. The zephyr wind will blow as I look out from land. I could walk beach of sand or pebbles deep within, love will remain even when hearts burned to stone. The sun will come shining through for you, if you just smile through tears, fears, pain and through the torrential rain which falls down. No more goodbyes where you may be, the circle of the Gael wont break us, flame burns bright

The signposts will never change. To gaze on open places meet people who learnt the language, new Gael faces what I'll see. No-one can pull this mountain to the ground

Chorus

Verse 8

Many has gone to Ireland, USA, Canada, Australasia but know they will come back home. I may not be Scottish, but have Celtic blood and I know I will get up there. People of the Gael, sing the songs you want to sing and be the person what you want to be. Be a person who'll Seinn, Seinn Seinn, to the voices in the sky. I will leave you, remember what I said because your language will go far. You can walk this road, treat each day as a new day. Suns shining, blue skies are out

Outro

It will be a challenge, Oran, sacred and eternal. Lift on high, the voice of the people, Oran, I'm reconciled. I'm standing before you, dont be fearful. Follow your hearts desire. Concerns of the morning will come. The sun will rise, the sun will rise when reconciliation comes to save the Oran of the dust, Oran of hope, and Oran of loving people

Beat the drum, the beat of the heart. Beat that drum for the Gael

© T.J.H © © 2010 ©
RunrigNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 09:17   #1022
Tombraiderx08

So, recently I was told by a few people that I was really good at writing poetry, so I figured I'd mosey on down and post something, and get a few more opinions on it. Hope y'all like it

Beloved, I cannot find you
I cant find myself
You've left memories and silhouettes
Beloved I am not well

What happened to I'll always love you
Should I say the same for you too?
You've become a casket with no body
A tree without its fruit

Some days I don't know where I am
Today I will smile in the sun
Tomorrow I will mimic the rain
A week from now I may be no fun

Perhaps if we take a compass
And follow that needle north
One day, some day, we'll find each other
And love us for all we're worth
Tombraiderx08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 18:49   #1023
HappyShannon

RunrigNutter: It doesn't seem like much of a song to me - it didn't rhyme very much (as most songs do ) and it, once again, was long But I do like it

Tombraiderx08: I love it

Last edited by HappyShannon; 01-07-10 at 15:16.
HappyShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 18:50   #1024
lara c. fan

Oh dear...

3 days. 3 more days.

Then my fingers will start to hurt.

D:
lara c. fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 19:54   #1025
RunrigNutter

^^^^^

Songs doesn't have to rhyme, it's up to the writer
RunrigNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 21:04   #1026
aurora89

I am way too sick at this point to even think about JulNoWriMo. Damn you Addison's disease....
aurora89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-10, 21:25   #1027
HappyShannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora89 View Post
I am way too sick at this point to even think about JulNoWriMo. Damn you Addison's disease....
Poor you, Rach

I hope you get well soon
HappyShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-10, 22:20   #1028
lara c. fan

All ye taking part in JulNoWriMo, rejoice!
Or fall to your knees crying.

The time to start is but a mere 40 minutes away (For Britain, anyway). I wish all of you the very best of luck!
Old 02-07-10, 19:56   #1029
lara c. fan

So...

All that are taking part in JulNoWriMo, how are you getting on?

I currently have 3447 words, aiming for 4k by the end of today.
Old 02-07-10, 21:33   #1030
Minty Mouth

Going quite well. Just over 4K, and really hit a stride tonight. It would be a shame to waste such a creative spurt . . .
Minty Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote