Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 12-07-11, 16:19   #101
LNSNHGTDS

^ You don't need to be in a desert to experience that. I've went to a particular beach a couple of times where it's really windy nearly always. You can imagine how much time I've been whiped by sand , and even after I wore my shirt I could still feel the sand whiping me ! It's not that you die out of pain but it still hurts !

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 12-07-11 at 16:20.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 16:22   #102
larafan25

It's not the wind you idiots!

It's Larson following Lara around and throwing sand at her!

jk.

I kind of want a desert section in the next game. I'd love to see Lara wear something practical, or that thing she wore in TLR at the begining.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 16:23   #103
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
^ You don't need to be in a desert to experience that. I've went to a particular beach a couple of times where it's really windy nearly always. You can imagine how much time I've been whiped by sand , and even after I wore my shirt I could still feel the sand whiping me ! It's not that you die out of pain but it still hurts !
Well imagine the sand being much finer and the wind being much faster and the scape being much larger. A nightmare.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 16:30   #104
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
It's not the wind you idiots!

It's Larson following Lara around and throwing sand at her!

jk.

I kind of want a desert section in the next game. I'd love to see Lara wear something practical, or that thing she wore in TLR at the begining.
Oh my god, everyone start panicking and run around in circles D: !

I'd like an arid place aswell, and maybe a snowy one, high up on a mountain .

Actually they could create a mini-desert. In TR/Anniversary there was a valley in the heart of a snowy, rocky, mountain-y place. They could create a desert in a remote part of the island the same way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglion View Post
Well imagine the sand being much finer and the wind being much faster and the scape being much larger. A nightmare.
Ouch D: !
Old 12-07-11, 16:40   #105
Ross C

"It might seem practical in theory, but if you go to Shoes. Wear comfortable shoes. In the rainforest a small blister can easily get infected and turn into a festering wound. Also, shake out your shoes in the morning. Sometimes over the course of a night, scorpions will make a home in your shoe.the Amazon in that it will feel like HELL! Especially if you're climbing around like Lara is. Anyone that you ask who is knowledgeable on this would tell you to wear long sleeve everything that's cotton, and lightweight. "

That's ridiculasly realistic. We have different view points and I don't think we'll agree on this, so fair enough! I like a good helping of the unrealistic in my games.
Ross C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 16:42   #106
LNSNHGTDS

^ But ridiculusly realistic is what sells these days, so that's what Tomb Raider needs in order to survive. Plus the outfit changed not only because of the practicality of the new one but also, as I said before, to reduce the sex-appeal of Lara.
Old 12-07-11, 16:54   #107
Profc

So Lara will never wear the same clothes again?
It's okay I guess. She never really used those older clothes in the recent games anyway. Buy I prefer clothing Lara myself. (9 games and we still cannot chose what to wear ) I always prefer the brown Jacket from the Tibet levels heheh.

As for the storyline I am both happy and sad. Spanish Armada and Viking ship means there will be quite a variarity of Tombs within the game. Only sad part is it is kind of absurd to have a viking ship in Japan. Or the island is magical and it appears all over the ocean.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 17:09   #108
MuhaBagci

I don't think she will really wear only this clothes EVERYTIME... Like in Uncharted, when it's cold she has other clothes!
MuhaBagci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 18:31   #109
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
So Lara will never wear the same clothes again?
It's okay I guess. She never really used those older clothes in the recent games anyway. Buy I prefer clothing Lara myself. (9 games and we still cannot chose what to wear ) I always prefer the brown Jacket from the Tibet levels heheh.

As for the storyline I am both happy and sad. Spanish Armada and Viking ship means there will be quite a variarity of Tombs within the game. Only sad part is it is kind of absurd to have a viking ship in Japan. Or the island is magical and it appears all over the ocean.
Why. Why. Why?

It's been said in so many magazine articles that the island is in the same dimension as the floating island from TR2. They are connected, so obviously any ethnic type of ship can get there.

putting a spin on knowing it.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 18:49   #110
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
Only sad part is it is kind of absurd to have a viking ship in Japan. Or the island is magical and it appears all over the ocean.
Why absurd and why magic? Can't the vikings have travelled all the way to Japan? Someone would have called it impossible, considering the conditions of that age, but hey, it still can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhaBagci View Post
I don't think she will really wear only this clothes EVERYTIME... Like in Uncharted, when it's cold she has other clothes!
Exactly.