Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 15-06-17, 00:06   #1
Heckler

Smile The Adventures of Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 3 Fan Remake in Unity3d)

This project has been in development since 2014.

I initially wanted to create a framework for Unity to introduce some of the very talented TRLE builders to current-gen game development as I feel the Tomb Raider community boasts with some of the best artistic talent you can find online. Thus, the Croft Manor project was born.

Within a year of developing that I started to work on the first level of Tomb Raider 3. This is where my obsession with this project started. I became silent about the project for a while and still continued with it in my free time.

I'm a sound engineer by trade so I had loads of resources to work with on the music and sound department of the game. In December last year I started talking about my project Tomb Raider Unity. A custom Unity Action Adventure framework created by my brother and I. This is also scheduled to be released this year for free as well as my Tomb Raider 3 fan game which is not open source like Tomb Raider Unity, and contains different controllers and animations.

More about the remake, This is a full revisioned remake of Tomb Raider 3 and The Lost Artifact. Gameplay is heavily inspired by games like Assassin's Creed, The Jak and Daxter series, Inside, Prince of Persia, Enslaved and The Last of Us. Lara is extremely agile and skilled in both hand to hand and ranged combat this time. Lara can Climb buildings, cliffs and trees. She can zipline while shooting and run along walls with style. More moves include "slope steering", tightrope, 3 different dives, Classic style swimming, stealth, pole-swinging and rolls to name a few. Vehicles include a Quad-bike, A sport-bike, a UPV, a Kayak, a snowboard, jetski and a deadly Mine-cart. Making a debut in the Tomb Raider vehicle department also is a Horse in the South Pacific who needs a name. Enemies and NPC's are smart. The feel fear, they run out of ammo, they can hide, they fight and like Lara, they can also stumble into deadly traps.

Extra features included for unlockables are Expedition Mode which is set on 2 very large maps and Race to the Relic mode which randomly places a relic in the chosen level and you have to race an NPC to it (Like Race to the Iris). This has been a blast to make so far and I hope you guys will enjoy playing it as much as I did making it.

Some Screens:

Videos and trailer coming soon.

Last edited by Heckler; 20-06-17 at 21:12.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 00:35   #2
yesrushdt

Looking great.

Do you have an idea when the Croft Manor project will be released? Hopefully that hasn't been shelved.
yesrushdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 00:58   #3
Heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt View Post
Looking great.

Do you have an idea when the Croft Manor project will be released? Hopefully that hasn't been shelved.
The Croft Manor project is part of Tomb Raider Unity. That is a framework I've created that I'll be releasing on Github so anyone willing to take a shot at game development can start on a Tomb Raider game with most of the features already implemented and a fully functional Croft manor as seen in my Remake.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 04:08   #4
laracroftswest

I'm so freaking excited for this!

TR fans have some amazing creativity and talent.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 07:05   #5
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 05-08-20 at 12:32.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 08:47   #6
Erikku

Thank you for making this!!
I can't wait for both getting my hands on playing with the framework and your game.
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 09:46   #7
ANoDE
Golden

Holy moly! I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!
Seems like you're doing more than just a fabulous job!
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 10:01   #8
Alex Fly
Inactive

Ohh now we have a title too...

I've been keeping an eye on your project since you originally posted those couple of Croft Manor screenshots. Tomb Raider III being my favorite classic I always wanted to see a fan remake of it (or at least a remake of some of the levels of the game).

Your project is fantastic and I'm really hyped for it!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 13:07   #9
Revenge

I absolutely love this !! <3 Good luck with the continuation of your project !
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-17, 14:12   #10
ThatSassyKid

So. Much. HYPE!

Last edited by ThatSassyKid; 15-06-17 at 14:13.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote