Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-02-24, 11:49   #31
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Elias Toufexis bids a heartfelt farewell to Deus Ex and thanks fans for their support
https://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-acto...sked-for-this/

If Deus Ex ever does come back at some point Elias Toufexis must come back too there is only one Adam Jensen and that's Elias Toufexis, having someone else play the part of Adam Jensen wouldn't be right.

It would be like when Hideo Kojima made the wrong decision and replaced David Hayter with the mediocre Kiefer Sutherland who put in a terrible phoned in performance as Big Boss.

David Hayter being replaced with the mediocre Kiefer Sutherland is the only time I've disagreed with Kojima he can do whatever he wants with the story but shouldn't have replaced David Hayter with a mediocre actor.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-24, 14:34   #32
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

I really wish they would just give Deus Ex to another company. The IP is dripping with potential. Its unfortunate that the current state of video games, as he said, is in a weird place right now. Layoffs left and right and studios canceling anything and everything.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 06:04   #33
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I really wish they would just give Deus Ex to another company. The IP is dripping with potential. Its unfortunate that the current state of video games, as he said, is in a weird place right now. Layoffs left and right and studios canceling anything and everything.
Toys for Bob has shut down by Microsoft and I’m actually pretty gutted about it.
They brought Spyro back to life for me! None of those people deserved that fate. I can’t believe these places are closing and like Deus Ex (never played it personally) are being left behind.

I just got word that the Willie Coyote movie is getting thrown away even though it’s finished?? Like.. what the ****??

Why are high up executives and managers just salting the earth like this??
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 07:14   #34
Chamayoo
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Elias Toufexis bids a heartfelt farewell to Deus Ex and thanks fans for their support
https://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-acto...sked-for-this/

If Deus Ex ever does come back at some point Elias Toufexis must come back too there is only one Adam Jensen and that's Elias Toufexis, having someone else play the part of Adam Jensen wouldn't be right.

It would be like when Hideo Kojima made the wrong decision and replaced David Hayter with the mediocre Kiefer Sutherland who put in a terrible phoned in performance as Big Boss.

David Hayter being replaced with the mediocre Kiefer Sutherland is the only time I've disagreed with Kojima he can do whatever he wants with the story but shouldn't have replaced David Hayter with a mediocre actor.
Unless they're bringin back JC Denton or make a new main protagonist, Elias should return as Adam Jensen yes.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 08:32   #35
cardmonster
Archaeologist

I genuinely think that Tomb Raider has never been in worse hands. Embracer Group is the worst kind of gaming company, buying up talented gaming studios and cancelling beloved franchises mid-development. 97 employees laid off. Add that to the pile with Free Radical Design and Volition, and the reports that they're trying to sell Gearbox.

Mark my words, the next Tomb Raider will likely include some awful GAAS features and take us even further away from what we want. We no longer have developers with full creative control - we have employees fighting for their jobs doing whatever their 'benevolent masters' enforce.

Deus Ex was an excellent, longstanding franchise with its own loyal fanbase. Now it's in the graveyard, deemed financially nonviable, likely never to be seen again - remastered ports aside.

I'm so glad that we're getting TR I-III Remastered - I just hope that it proves to Embracer that a traditional Tomb Raider game is what the public wants, and not some GAAS nonsense.
cardmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-24, 20:04   #36
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmonster View Post
I genuinely think that Tomb Raider has never been in worse hands. Embracer Group is the worst kind of gaming company, buying up talented gaming studios and cancelling beloved franchises mid-development. 97 employees laid off. Add that to the pile with Free Radical Design and Volition, and the reports that they're trying to sell Gearbox.

Mark my words, the next Tomb Raider will likely include some awful GAAS features and take us even further away from what we want. We no longer have developers with full creative control - we have employees fighting for their jobs doing whatever their 'benevolent masters' enforce.

Deus Ex was an excellent, longstanding franchise with its own loyal fanbase. Now it's in the graveyard, deemed financially nonviable, likely never to be seen again - remastered ports aside.

I'm so glad that we're getting TR I-III Remastered - I just hope that it proves to Embracer that a traditional Tomb Raider game is what the public wants, and not some GAAS nonsense.
Embracer is not even the publisher of Tomb Raider, so what you are saying doesn't really make sense since Amazon greenlit a single player game. Not a GAAS. GAAs are on the way out, either way.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-24, 22:27   #37
apostolos
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Remember when we all thought Square Enix was the villain?
For me personally Crystal Dynamics is the 'villain', since TR Legend.
apostolos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-24, 17:16   #38
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Toys for Bob has shut down by Microsoft and I’m actually pretty gutted about it.
They brought Spyro back to life for me! None of those people deserved that fate. I can’t believe these places are closing and like Deus Ex (never played it personally) are being left behind.

I just got word that the Willie Coyote movie is getting thrown away even though it’s finished?? Like.. what the ****??

Why are high up executives and managers just salting the earth like this??
Whats odd is didn't the Spyro and Crash remasters do pretty well?
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-24, 23:15   #39
rewak
Professor

Toys for Bob aren't shutting down, just their office is. They're working remote for now.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote