Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-02-24, 13:37   #31
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Home Sweet Home:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqA1XdfChyg

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtEb...sZ0_gSgHxykbl4

There were sixteen mandatory kills in this level; every single gunman, batsman and dog. With this in mind, my number of kills increases to and finishes on twenty two. I collected all of the secrets.

This level doesn't change in the slightest. However, I lured most of the enemies into Lara's bathroom and killed them near the shower and set myself on fire after killing the final enemy in the interest of trying to make the final cutscene more entertaining. This is a running tradition; I've done this in every Pacifist Run that I've done for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmando9 View Post
So, which weapon did you use on the dragon? Pistols, uzis, the m16?
I blasted the dragon nine times with the grenade launcher and then finished him off with the uzis. It takes ten blasts with the grenade launcher in order to defeat the dragon. However, defeating him with the grenade launcher would likely show on the statistics as two kills, and I can't have that in a pacifist run. Therefore I finished the job with the uzis, safe in the knowledge that it would only show as one kill on the statistics.

I plan to put all of these videos together into one big video, so that I will have one video of me completing this pacifist run for the whole game as well as 18 videos where it's one video per level. I also plan to add commentary to the video. I won't be redoing the challenge; I'll just be effectively reuploading the videos but in one big video where it's the whole challenge in one video. If you choose to watch the video then there will be nothing new; you will be rewatching what you've already seen, providing that you have followed this challenge from start to finish.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-24, 02:17   #32
deadmando9
Historian

Congratulations on finishing the Tomb Raider 2 pacifist run.
Maybe next you can do a Tomb Raider 1-5 glitches galore or something else that tickles your fancy.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-24, 14:07   #33
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Like promised, here is one big video containing the entire challenge and with commentary added to it:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PwVOJYLG4

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtEb...sZ0_gSgHxykbl4

Quote:
Congratulations on finishing the Tomb Raider 2 pacifist run.
Maybe next you can do a Tomb Raider 1-5 glitches galore or something else that tickles your fancy.
Thank you.

I do have an idea for my next challenge; a challenge for Tomb Raider 1. The idea is to complete the game 100% (collecting every secret, collecting every pickup and killing every enemy) while having the further restriction of no scratch (or low damage) and no glitches.
Old 15-02-24, 17:14   #34
deadmando9
Historian

So are you going to do the next challenge just for the original Tomb Raider or are going to include the remastered version?
Old 15-02-24, 17:17   #35
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
So are you going to do the next challenge just for the original Tomb Raider or are going to include the remastered version?
I doubt I'll play the remasters; I'm a retro gamer. I play PS1 games the most (on a PS2) and the most up to date console that I have is the PS3 and even that I don't use.
Old 16-02-24, 00:43   #36
deadmando9
Historian

Okay, I was just curious since the remasters have tank controls and the same coding as the originals with just a fresh coat of paint essentially.
Old 18-02-24, 13:24   #37
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Okay, I was just curious since the remasters have tank controls and the same coding as the originals with just a fresh coat of paint essentially.
I think I'll be sticking to my retros.
Old 18-02-24, 18:05   #38
deadmando9
Historian

Sounds good, as I said before I was just curious.