Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-02-24, 20:32   #2051
Elihu
Hobbyist

This game had some of the best outfits in the entire series, including Jeans Croft. It really deserved some more care.
Elihu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-24, 11:11   #2052
Hyperthesis
Hobbyist

Google Drive won't let me download your hotfix because it thinks it's a virus. The specific message it gives me is:

Quote:
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus.

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.
I read in another post that certain antivirus software has been flagging your files with false positives. I'm sure that's the case, but Google's built-in virus scanning feature isn't "software" that can be disabled. So, I don't really know how to proceed here.

Edit: So, I attempted to play the game without the hotfix and it will not recognize my DualSense controller AT ALL. There isn't even a controller option in the in-game menu, only "Keyboard" and "Mouse." I have attempted:

- Disabling Steam Input
- Enabling controller support in the launcher
- Overwriting the P4 exe with the one in DINPUT and DINPUT2 folders
- Launching the P4 exe directly without the launcher, which generates the following error:

Code:
Build Sep 17 2003 15:53:15

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'pData && length>0' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\ai\script_mgr.c(400)
At this point, I'm at a loss. Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by Hyperthesis; Yesterday at 17:38.
Hyperthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-24, 21:23   #2053
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthesis View Post
Google Drive won't let me download your hotfix because it thinks it's a virus. The specific message it gives me is:

I read in another post that certain antivirus software has been flagging your files with false positives. I'm sure that's the case, but Google's built-in virus scanning feature isn't "software" that can be disabled. So, I don't really know how to proceed here.

Edit: So, I attempted to play the game without the hotfix and it will not recognize my DualSense controller AT ALL. There isn't even a controller option in the in-game menu, only "Keyboard" and "Mouse." I have attempted:

- Disabling Steam Input
- Enabling controller support in the launcher
- Overwriting the P4 exe with the one in DINPUT and DINPUT2 folders
- Launching the P4 exe directly without the launcher, which generates the following error:

At this point, I'm at a loss. Is anyone else having this issue?
Ah I didn't realize google is still flagging my uploads, it's VERY annoying. I'll try to figure something out for that this week. Although the issue you're describing is unrelated to the hotfix.

Try launching the p4 exe directly, but in order to do this you need to copy the exe to one folder and launch from there, otherwise you get that crash. Let me know if that works.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-24, 22:50   #2054
Kasumi
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Ah I didn't realize google is still flagging my uploads, it's VERY annoying. I'll try to figure something out for that this week. Although the issue you're describing is unrelated to the hotfix.

Try launching the p4 exe directly, but in order to do this you need to copy the exe to one folder and launch from there, otherwise you get that crash. Let me know if that works.
This link is also broken, shame on Google for becoming such unreliable file hoster:

Download Link (ONLY DOWNLOAD IF VERSION 1.3.2 IS INSTALLED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tem...ew?usp=sharing

Please reupload! Thanks.
Kasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:37   #2055
Hyperthesis
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Do you mean copy TRAOD.exe and TRAOD_P3.exe to a different folder, then launch TRAOD_P4.exe? I just tried that and I still get an error message:

Code:

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'pData && length>0' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\ai\script_mgr.c(400)
Funnily, I don't actually have a C:\projects directory, so I'm not sure why the EXE is referencing to one.
Hyperthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:48   #2056
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthesis View Post
Do you mean copy TRAOD.exe and TRAOD_P3.exe to a different folder, then launch TRAOD_P4.exe? I just tried that and I still get an error message:

Code:

Generic Game Error

Funnily, I don't actually have a C:\projects directory, so I'm not sure why the EXE is referencing to one.

oh wow I just noticed that I missed a word there in my reply You need to copy TRAOD_P4.exe to one folder back (so outside of the "bin" folder) and launch that exe from there.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote