Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 24-07-19, 17:20   #19091
Die Basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
Is there anyone that has a TRC Lara wad model?
And I'm trying to use Lara from the Russian levels, but I get bugs.
There is a version on trsearch, but it's modified. So if you're happy with that outfit, you can use it.

https://www.trsearch.org/item/1252

In case you really want the Original outfit I have two models I had collected a long time ago. Didn't even know the author anymore.

One with the Original outfit and the other with a blue colored camouflage outfit.

But be beware that the left boot of Lara has a bug. It's flickering from time to time. (This happend even in the original TR5 level). I marked a yellow arrow to show it.

If you want them, I will send them to you.

Die Basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 18:02   #19092
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Basis View Post
Yes, cool! Send!
I had seen already the one on trsearch, but I wanted to try to make something for the classic competition like a "revisited" version of the siberian levels of TRC, so yes, the original wad is the right way.
Thanks a lot! If you have a complete wad file of a siberian level just send it full... Who knows what is junk here, maybe another mesh... Maybe a missing one...
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 18:28   #19093
Die Basis

Quote:
Yes, cool! Send!
I had seen already the one on trsearch, but I wanted to try to make something for the classic competition like a "revisited" version of the siberian levels of TRC, so yes, the original wad is the right way.
Thanks a lot! If you have a complete wad file of a siberian level just send it full... Who knows what is junk here, maybe another mesh... Maybe a missing one...
I've send you a private message with a link.
Die Basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 19:27   #19094
disapearing-boy

Quote:
And I'm trying to use Lara from the Russian levels, but I get bugs. Firstly, the braid wasn't attached and so I remapped the vertices to fix it
I think the Russian Lara outfit has different vertices than standard Lara, there's a script option in TRNG to enable this version.

Customize=CUST_HAIR_TYPE, HAIR_ONE_TR5_PONYTAIL

From the NG Center :

"tomb raider chronicles there are three models of Lara: young lara, adult lara1 and adult Lara2. The adult lara1 has same joint as lara of the last revelation, while lara2 has a different joint for ponytail."
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 09:50   #19095
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
Thanks, well, in the end I continued to have other problems with the game crashing so I took the model given by DieBasis and on Strpix I replaced one by one all the Skin and Joint models, remapping the braid joint on the heads as in TR4 Lara. Now it works fine... Luckily I was just making testing rooms, but if the wad and project was complex I would have tried your script entry first! (Great information anyway, thanks!)
Old 25-07-19, 09:53   #19096
Ranpyon

If Lara uses another animation for interacting with a puzzle_hole (using the -[number of animation] in the OCB field of the puzzle hole), the puzzle_done is showed at the first frame of that animation. Is there a way to prevent it, so I can decide in which frame I want to show the puzzle_done?
Moreover, I've realized that Lara can't pick up a waterskin full or partially full with water, only the waterskin_empty. I would need that Lara could pick up a waterskin_1_3 (so the full one), is it possible somehow? Perhaps with a workaround?

Last edited by Ranpyon; 25-07-19 at 10:12.
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 11:41   #19097
Titak

Are you using TRNG?
Because with TRNG you can add items to the inventory with a flipeffect trigger.

In the past, when using a custom OCB for a puzzle-hole, I used a workaround.
If I remember correctly I placed the puzzle-hole like usual and I also placed an animating on the same tile. This animation looked like the puzzle-done and it was set to invisible in its OCB.
And the puzzle-done object is exactly the same as the puzzle-hole so you won't see the change.
The trigger for the animating was placed underneath the puzzle-hole.
And to Lara's puzzle-animation (the one that plays with the custom OCB) I added the Play Effect > 6 - Activate Triggers command at the frame when the puzzle-done should appear.
But instead of the puzzle-done, the animating is triggered and thus becomes visible.

I can't remember what I did with the actual puzzle-done object though...
Perhaps the animating only showed the placed item and not the entire puzzle-hole, so you have both puzzle-done and animating visible and looking like it should be a real puzzle-done.

Ehm... I hope I've made that pretty clear... got confusing with all the puzzle-hole and puzzle-done's.

TRNG should make this easier because you can use an Organizer and you can disappear objects with triggers.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 12:07   #19098
dinne

I've another issue... I've imported the breath TR5 sound (when she gets out from the water with the head), using the russian outfit that I created just by replacing the meshes of "Lara_Skin" and joints, and not the whole "Lara" wad (which is the tut1 one).

I get a weird issue: when she gets out from the water, she repeats the breath sound 2 times (it's not "looped", the second time starts overlapping the first one, not at the end of it).
I tried to use other test sounds and other entries but it repeats it anyway. Same if I do it in another new project and folder.
I checked the animation in Wad Merger and the assigned sounds to the frames are the right ones (1 sort of splashy sound and 1 breath).

I'm not an expert, tell me if there is something wrong in all this:

This is the entry I copied as suggested in the downloaded file:
Code:
LARA_BREATH:		breath				VOL65	  V			RAD30	#g #t
And after editing it I run the file SFX_Example.bat, that contains these lines that are the basic ones, but before I tried with "pcwadsfx tut1 g" only instead of all these:
Quote:
pcwadsfx settomb c
pcwadsfx tut1 d
pcwadsfx title t
pcwadsfx catacomb s
pcwadsfx city w
pcwadsfx cleopal r
pcwadsfx coastal p
pcwadsfx karnak h

copy *.sam ..\..\graphics\wads
copy *.sfx ..\..\graphics\wads

del *.sam
del *.sfx
What's happened? Should have I avoided to run this bat file? (I don't know if it's required to run it or not after editing the sounds).
Old 25-07-19, 12:23   #19099
LoreRaider

^that's because the breath sound is hardcoded to play on that animation
So what you have to do is to simply remove it via WadMerger on the animation
You can check out Fluen's Lara's animations list to find the animation in a faster way
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 12:32   #19100
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
:O
It worked! You were right!
Thanks a lot!!!