www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-09, 06:37   #1611
SparedLife
Archaeologist

I got them thanks,
I played your Catsuit as lara, LaraC1, LaraD, and LaraC2 and saw LaraS everytime. The gloss worked great and I saw no errors in the mesh.

Old 18-07-09, 06:56   #1612
Mokono
Relic Hunter

yes, there's no errors with the mesh... I think is the computer this time again, cause i deleted everything in char folder of the Laptop, and the skins remained loaded (with DXT5 also), now i'm trying with other mods to see what happens.

I hate Windows Vista.
Old 18-07-09, 17:09   #1613
SparedLife
Archaeologist

I know what you mean but I think it's a little of the game also. There have been times when I've deleted parts of the mesh for testing that still showed up in the game. It doesn't look like the game flushes memory on exit or Windows doesn't clear unused memory. The next time the game loads and it can't find what it needs it fills in from memory.
Consider this, LaraC2.chr uses the extra coat tail mesh that laraS.chr does not. You set the Lara model in game to LaraC2.chr then load LaraS.chr immediatly after. That extra part of laraC2.chr is still in memory and might still be loaded when the game loads since it is actually in the model but not activated.
Many glitches like this have shown up over the years like the glasses glitch on someone's saved game. Which BTW is what led me down this model modding road that has developed into interchangeable DXT5 Lara models with glasses and also the playable NPC characters.

I made a really nice saved game from a combination of the SCU and Cheat Engine

It is the start of the game with nearly all items (even some you are not supposed to have which will crash the game when used) plus 255 of each item, 65000 plus bullet, 65000 plus of each health. That should be enough to play with.

Last edited by SparedLife; 22-07-09 at 22:55.
Old 23-07-09, 00:35   #1614
Mokono
Relic Hunter

^ You mean you started the game with those items? Like an all item at startup?
Old 23-07-09, 00:42   #1615
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Yes, it is done with the Interchangeable models but should work with the original or any DXT5 LaraD model or LaraC2 model as well. I put the file in the usual place for you, it's called "begin everything plus".
Lara is at game start before climbing the bin and she is located by the locked door to the training level which BTW is open. There was an item or two I missed and a few I couldn't find that are not in the game but show in the items hash codes.
Old 23-07-09, 00:47   #1616
Mokono
Relic Hunter

That means that Le Serpent Rouge can be skipped if she already has the box. Or maybe she can get 2 boxes and give one to Bernard and the other one to Pierre?
Old 23-07-09, 01:11   #1617
SparedLife
Archaeologist

I think there are already 255 of those boxes so maybe you could give one to everyone
Old 23-07-09, 11:28   #1618
tombraidergale
Archaeologist

After a while I tried to do a simply mod for AoD, but I have a problem xD Here's the image (don't look at the lips, they're upside-down My fault xD).

[IMG]http://i27.************/2nlykx_th.png[/IMG]

As you can see the jacket become transparent O_O And some gears also xD The jacket should be light blue, I haven't touched the gears at all O_O And those huge boobs deform the picture on Lara's shirt, but it's only a try :P
Old 23-07-09, 11:34   #1619
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraidergale View Post
After a while I tried to do a simply mod for AoD, but I have a problem xD Here's the image (don't look at the lips, they're upside-down My fault xD).

[IMG]http://i27.************/2nlykx_th.png[/IMG]

As you can see the jacket become transparent O_O And some gears also xD The jacket should be light blue, I haven't touched the gears at all O_O And those huge boobs deform the picture on Lara's shirt, but it's only a try :P
Well the first thing i did was clicking the screenie before reading everything and it surprised me, it's really well done, i noticed the flip of the lips after i read what you wrote, but you made a really nice face. The drawing deforming the pic can be corrected easily (just make it thiner in the bottom), but overall is everything great. The problem eith the jacket may be the kind of model u're using. Are you really using DXT5 models or those that came with the game?

The jacket still looks light blue, but the transparency caught my attention. I'd like to see more from you .

Feel free to ask everything.
Old 23-07-09, 12:17   #1620
tombraidergale
Archaeologist

Ok, so I've tried to do another mod, but this time using LaraC1.chr DXT5 xD Well, it works! I don't know why there's a glossy effect on the shirt, but I like it Here are the images :P (don't look at the 2 health bar in the second pic, it's my fault, again xD)

[IMG]http://i29.************/24x2gkk_th.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/28clq1h_th.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i32.************/33tttnq_th.png[/IMG]
Closed Thread