www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-09, 05:02   #1651
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Cool!I liked a LOT from that outfit SparedLife Well done, I love your usaful tools too
Old 26-07-09, 05:08   #1652
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Thanks VXD,
That screenshot is from a complete TGA skinned model, no DDS. With a complete skin set it is over 12 meg but the tones look so much better. I don't have a distributeable TGA tool yet but I'm working on it.
Old 26-07-09, 05:35   #1653
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilie_Fusarau View Post
Great mod! Love it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
WhoW! She is amaziing! I loved it
Thank you, guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparedLife View Post
great stuff, glad you finished it.

Finished the TGA Lara model, had something wrong and had to completely rebuild from the original - DXT5 - Interchangeable - TGA and never did see what was wrong. I tested it with the Jurassic glow shirt.

Strange thing with two of the models when you select the shotgun it attaches in the air and not in the hands. wierd
I can't wait to test the new tool, but take your time, cause looks really great... About the shotgun, i didn't get what you mean about the air, so the shotgun is next to Lara while she does the holding animation?

Anyways, the gloss looks perfect .
Old 26-07-09, 05:57   #1654
Rado_Legend
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post

Edit: I think i'm gonna drop it, since it looks nothing like i wanted her to...

[IMG]http://i30.************/24ede36.jpg[/IMG]

Edit2: Never mind, i finished her...

[IMG]http://i29.************/291fgd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i26.************/30c8xeu.jpg[/IMG]
WOW this Amanda mod looks impressive and stunning,can't wait for more
Old 26-07-09, 06:15   #1655
SparedLife
Archaeologist

I'm liking it so far. Here's a preview.
The background is skinnable, you can actually turn everything off and just have the background scene showing if you want.
There are only a few steps to using the tool to insert a texture.
1. select a model, models can be any name you want as long as the extension remains .chr and of course the model has to be a TGA model. There is a preview screen to visually verify which model you chose no matter what you renamed it to
2. select the texture to be replaced. There is a preview screen to visually verify which texture you are replacing.
3. Select your custom texture. This can be any name you want, there is no pattern you have to follow as long as it is a 32bit TGA.
4. Click the Insert button and wait for the done.

It does check for a valid TGA model with about 90% acurracy. It won't let you load a TGA file into an original, DXT5, or DXT5 Interchangeable model by mistake.

I haven't finished the extracting part but there isn't a whole lot of reason to extract a texture. The diffuse texture and the normal texture are 1024x1024 32bit TGA and the rest are 256x256 32bit TGA.

Can't think of anything else right now that I have done on the tool.

I'll send the models your way Mokono so you can see how they look.

As for the shotgun. Three of the models do not hold the shotgun they just go through the motions. In soime of the saved game loading instances the shotgun was suspended immobile in the air.

Last edited by SparedLife; 26-07-09 at 06:16.
Old 26-07-09, 07:17   #1656
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I'm liking it so far. Here's a preview.
The background is skinnable, you can actually turn everything off and just have the background scene showing if you want.
There are only a few steps to using the tool to insert a texture.
1. select a model, models can be any name you want as long as the extension remains .chr and of course the model has to be a TGA model. There is a preview screen to visually verify which model you chose no matter what you renamed it to
2. select the texture to be replaced. There is a preview screen to visually verify which texture you are replacing.
3. Select your custom texture. This can be any name you want, there is no pattern you have to follow as long as it is a 32bit TGA.
4. Click the Insert button and wait for the done.

It does check for a valid TGA model with about 90% acurracy. It won't let you load a TGA file into an original, DXT5, or DXT5 Interchangeable model by mistake.

I haven't finished the extracting part but there isn't a whole lot of reason to extract a texture. The diffuse texture and the normal texture are 1024x1024 32bit TGA and the rest are 256x256 32bit TGA.

Can't think of anything else right now that I have done on the tool.

I'll send the models your way Mokono so you can see how they look.

As for the shotgun. Three of the models do not hold the shotgun they just go through the motions. In soime of the saved game loading instances the shotgun was suspended immobile in the air.
The new tool looks stunning [IMG]http://i28.************/2ynnvvr.gif[/IMG]! I can't way until i mod with it, cause i really like the new features such as select and preview textures, it gives me far more control over the mods and a better organization. I'll check my mail inbox.

Thanks for the amazing job .
Old 29-07-09, 00:07   #1657
SparedLife
Archaeologist

It's on the way Mokono, have fun. With 32bit raw 1024x1024; no compression the resolution will stand out.
Old 29-07-09, 23:09   #1658
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Quote:
It's on the way Mokono, have fun. With 32bit raw 1024x1024; no compression the resolution will stand out.
I've just downloaded it, i'll post results .
Old 29-07-09, 23:41   #1659
SparedLife
Archaeologist

If you convert your custom skins from DDS to TGA you will be converting the compression loss along with the texture. The best thing to do is touch up or enhance the texture after converting. Lines and bump are so much more pronounced.
For instance on your converse shoes you might want to overlay the original texture again. TGA 32bit has no loss it is strictly raw bits that is why the byte count is so much higher. You should see a significant quality difference between DXT5 and TGA.
Old 03-08-09, 04:12   #1660
ThatNorskChick
Relic Hunter

If anyone can figure out why this is happening with the playable CHRs, I'll love you forever. Mokono suggested I reinstall the game so I did, but I'm still having the same problem:

[IMG]http://i29.************/155pc7n.jpg[/IMG]