www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 22-02-20, 15:58   #14141
JMN
Explorer

^ Ok so I tested on my side as well with the plugin and it seems to be working.

The key is to make sure you're adding these script lines:

Code:
Pickup= 1, Bag of Sand, $0000,$0400,$0000,$2000,$1000,$8002
Pickup= 2, Jerrycan, $0015,$0500,$4000,$f000,$0000,$4002
Something in them tells the game to play Lara's waterskin animations when using those pickups.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 16:08   #14142
AkyV

The last number it is which basically makes the item still or rotating when selected. That is also used as a flag place for pried-off items.
In decimal numbers:

Quote:
+2: the item is rotating around the vertical median axis of the screen in the inventory, if the item is just selected – without this value, the item will never rotate in the inventory
+8: use this value if Lara uses a crowbar to get the item so the item has an “I’ve been pried off the wall so I’m falling down now” animation. (My experience with some other objects: using this value, the object will be a bit lower in the right bottom corner of the screen just after Lara has picked up the item.)
+8192: you need to use this for PUZZLE_ITEM8 Mine Detonator
+16384: you need to use this for PICKUP_ITEM2 Jerrycan
+32768: you need to use this for PICKUP_ITEM1 Bag of Sand

Last edited by AkyV; 22-02-20 at 16:29.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 16:26   #14143
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
^ Ok so I tested on my side as well with the plugin and it seems to be working.

The key is to make sure you're adding these script lines:

Code:
Pickup= 1, Bag of Sand, $0000,$0400,$0000,$2000,$1000,$8002
Pickup= 2, Jerrycan, $0015,$0500,$4000,$f000,$0000,$4002
Something in them tells the game to play Lara's waterskin animations when using those pickups.
I tested with the plugin disabled (using MPS_DISABLE with it) and it still did not work.
But adding those values to the stadard Pickup=1 script did the trick!

Now I'll need to finetune the setup.
Because I'm already using the LARA_DIRT_MESH meshswap for something else...

Last edited by Titak; 22-02-20 at 16:27.
Titak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 10:37   #14144
ANoDE
Golden

Hey guys,

I saw a thread in the TR4 section where someone tried to use the remastered audio with the original TR4.

Since the unpached TR4 exe uses quite low-quality audio format, to me, that quite defies the point. But the question gave me an idea:

From what I know it supports FLAC / MP3 audio through bass. Now to my (probably stupid - please forgive my ignorance) question:
Could the TRNG executable suite be used with the original game's data files - only higher resolution audio files? Are the .dat files still compatible, or have they changed?

I've already tried to run the game using a custom setup, and although the game loads into the main menu - strings seem to be missing characters and the game does not start when selecting "new game" (instead the screen goes blank).
Old 23-02-20, 11:46   #14145
SSJ6Wolf
Archaeologist

Hm, maybe, but the script.dat would need to be compiled under TRNG I believe, as it appends its own data to the script, which is probably why you saw those issues.

If I recall correctly, the original exe for the level editor is slightly different from the original TRLR exe, so there may be other issues, but I forget what those differences are.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 14:01   #14146
HaniHeger
Hobbyist

Hello, I'm not certain about where I should ask this, I tried sending a private message to Titak.. But I'm not sure if it was send,or if Titak got the time to answer... sorry!

So to be sure I'll try asking here, I need someone to test my level, and I was wondering if there's some tread or group with people who would like to do that. That's all
Old 23-02-20, 14:02   #14147
ANoDE
Golden

I see, thanks. Is there a script decompiler? Or is the original script.dat already decompiled maybe? I'm no level creator at all, so please excuse all my probably stupid questions.
Old 23-02-20, 14:58   #14148
Dermahn
Hobbyist

The TRLE engine is a stripped down version of the retail engine. All cutscene code has been removed (that is ingame cutscenes and FMVs) and sound effects are stored differently in the level files (compressed in retail, uncompressed in TRLE I think?), so if you got it running, the game would just play noise.
Technically it's possible to recreate every cutscene in TRNG but it would require way too much work for a simple audio mod.
It's probably easier to apply TREP's bass.dll audio patch to the retail .exe.
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-20, 15:09   #14149
ANoDE
Golden

Ah, yes. I forgot that a lot of cutscene data is actually hard-coded in the .exe. Too bad.

Hmm... good idea, actually. If someone patched the TRNG tomb4.exe with bass.dll support, it should be possible for the original .exe, too. I'm afraid I have too little knowledge of the patch to do it on my own though. Thanks for responding, though. Greatly appreciated (@SSJ6Wolf: Thanks to you, too of course )
Old 23-02-20, 16:44   #14150
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Hello, I'm not certain about where I should ask this, I tried sending a private message to Titak.. But I'm not sure if it was send,or if Titak got the time to answer... sorry!

So to be sure I'll try asking here, I need someone to test my level, and I was wondering if there's some tread or group with people who would like to do that. That's all
You can contact some people who you think could be good at testing and then, if you want, you can use the private beta test forum here.
PM either AkyV or me for the password. Password should only be given to the people who will test for you.