www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 05-08-16, 09:17   #541
Titak

I think he means to copy and paste it so the selected face becomes a seperate object.
At least that's what I always do.
Delete the face that's still part of the room object, UV-map the seperate face and merge it back into the room object.
Old 05-08-16, 14:41   #542
rufierto
Explorer

Thanks Titak!! It is working and starting to make sense!!

Last edited by rufierto; 05-08-16 at 14:58.
rufierto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 19:02   #543
Titak

Question

Wanted to try out the new blending modes (finally...) but I can't repeat the UVmap more than once. Clicking on Repeat (when in UV mode) once repeates the map so I can use the classic blending mode, but clicking it again reduces it to one tile again.
So I can't see the zones where the new blending mode zones are.

How can I repeat it more?
Old 10-08-16, 21:05   #544
psiko
Archaeologist

on uv panel (I use metaseq 2.4) click on config button and that's it
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 09:43   #545
Titak

I have "repeat" set to 3 now.
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-08-16, 13:02   #546
Level NextGen
Archaeologist

Just noticed the new update with floor2prj and the object position in room without merging them. It's a great addon. Thanks you meta2tr for the hard work

Btw, I'm learning how to use 3DSmax but I have some problems to import correctly metaseq files into 3DSmax. Using these setting to import export according to what I saw in the forums. I also watched the psiko tutorial a while ago but he only imports back the level into TRLE.

I end with some small faces being not well textured. And no color vertex visible (maybe I missed the rendering viewport option in 3DSmax). What I am doing wrong?

Last edited by Level NextGen; 11-08-16 at 13:05.
Level NextGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 14:10   #547
Caesum
Tomb Raider

In my case the 3d mesh imports pretty well when using MQO importer. Unfortunately I was not able to successfully export it back to .tr4, although I'll be still trying haha.

In my ideal world there would be an option to work on .tr4 meshes directly via 3ds max without the use of metasequoia. I hope one day it will be possible. Is it a possible option at all? It would be amazing if meta2tr could export meshes and collisions to .3ds(or .obj) files as well!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 17:59   #548
psiko
Archaeologist

you do not need to import all the items locations in 3dsmax.. do it directly in metasequoia.
If you want to merge items like statics or some moveable into roomgeometry, you can do it inside metasequoia just dropping the items or inside 3dsmax (see below).
Anything you want to be merged or anything you want to keep from a tr4 to another, or anything you want to keep once edited inside metasequoia or 3dsmax, MUST have always the same tiles.bmp, so, if a static is using wad tiles, you have to keep those tiles among the backup'ed ones. To easily do it, there's an option to regroup tiles in meta2tr, or simply do this: in a mqo file with simple that static item, delete unused materials, so you have the tiles exactly used by that static. Then, rename those bmp's and materials in mqo file, according to free/empty tiles among the backup'ed as tiles to always replace. For instance, if you are using tiles from 1->200, and your static uses 24, 27, 45, 83, 96 bmp tiles from untouched tr4 file, rename inside metasequoia those 5 materials as 201,202,203,204,205, then rename those tiles accordingly, and finally re-direct those materials in mqo file so that each material is calling its same-name tile bmp file. And backup static.mqo file and those renamed 5 tiles.
Then update the tr4 file.
Then inject newlevel.tr4 file onto meta2tr (the "newlevel method"), so you have new tiles and mqo files coherent with the ones you are keeping safe in the backup folder.
You get a new roomall.mqo file still coherent with previous files but with new static items.
So, now you want to get ready to merge those items into their respective rooms, doing this at once inside 3dsmax (the "see below" is here).
Import roomall.mqo file into 3dsmax.
Let's say room045 has 13 extra02 you want to merge.
Press H so you can select items easily directly from their name.
Select all extra02 related to room045.
In Tools/Rename Objects, decide that all those items have to be called Room045 at once, with no prefix, with no number.
Hide those items (extra02's renamed all as Room045)
Ctrl+A so you select everything else.
Delete.
Unhide everything, so in 3dsmax scene you have only that series of room045 items.
Export as mqo.
Open your RoomAll.mqo inside metasequoia.
Import The 3dsmax exported mqo file... say you want MERGE EVERYTHING.
Done, your RoomAll.mqo file has now a Room045 with all extra02 items merged in just one touch.

Things can get easily when you directly build inside 3dsmax as you have lots of "lineXX, BoxXX, CylinderXX, ConeXX, ObjectXX, MeshXX, ShapeXX and so on, in the same scene. You know that at least, let's say, 50 tiny items are going to belong to the same room: rename all those items that have random names, so that they are called RoomYYY. So, once you export in mqo format file, and open everything into metasequoia, say to merge everything, and lot of the work is already done automatically.

You can use the Rename Tool as many times you wish per each scene or each room, so that you can have, for instance lots of Room002 items, and lots of Room034 items, many Room057 items, and so on Things gets really fast.
And obviously you were keeping safely the tiles used by your statics you want to merge, so everything works fine in 3dsmax and in metasequoia
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-16, 21:40   #549
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
use those settings for all your materials inside metasequoia:

and delete all unuseful meshes inside the mqo file, like portals and floor/ceiling collisions (those are the green meshes you see inside 3dsmax)
Thanks, but can I do that material thing already inside 3ds max? I'm using MQO plugin to import meshes.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-16, 21:46   #550
Titak

Question

Before I mess things up, IŽd thought IŽd ask...
IŽd like to delete some statics from a specific room in the level because I donŽt think they look so great anymore in that spot.
Can I do this by deleting the meshes from the STATIC_POSITIONS "objects" in the RoomsAndFloor.mqo?
(And no, they have not been merged with the roomgeometry.)

I'm kinda reluctant to go into the editor, change it in the prj and reconvert with Meta2TR... did that some time ago with some other objects and it caused problems for some reason...