www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-12-19, 19:06   #31521
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I don't think they'll do a big RE2 update like people say but it's still a new screenshot! https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.euro...-themed-update
Hmm... they mess with the timeline even more - great.

When Claire and Leon arrive in town a day later - Jill's unconscious at the Clock Tower ( 2/3rds way through RE3)
Guess she meets up with Kendo for some guns this time around then?

Only makes sense if she gets to use her Samurai Edge in RE3 (her handgun in RE3)
You can find a fax / memo written by Kendo to Barry about the STARS special issue gun
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 20:09   #31522
Daft Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Hmm... they mess with the timeline even more - great.

When Claire and Leon arrive in town a day later - Jill's unconscious at the Clock Tower ( 2/3rds way through RE3)
Guess she meets up with Kendo for some guns this time around then?

Only makes sense if she gets to use her Samurai Edge in RE3 (her handgun in RE3)
You can find a fax / memo written by Kendo to Barry about the STARS special issue gun
How is that messing with the timeline? The outbreak begins sometime on the 25th. Jill could've interacted with him at any point before Claire and Leon enter town.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 20:53   #31523
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

RE2 has it's new update and the "Chasing Jill" achievement is available on PS4 right now, I just got it.

The file is on the table right before the meeting Kendo cutscene. It's just a message from Jill to Kendo, saying if his plans don't work out and he needs any help he should contact her.

The main menu now has a Resident Evil 3 section on the menu, it's just a link though.

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 12-12-19 at 20:55.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 21:47   #31524
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Personally, I thought they could've modernized it a little bit more. I know it's supposed to be a remake and faithful to the OG, but I didn't like that Claire was in charge of the little girl, while Leon was with Ada. I would've loved to see the stories the other way around. That and a little more backstory and interconnection. Everything felt really weird and abrupt between cutscenes and gameplay.

In terms of gameplay, I'm ok with the current style, although I prefer the fixed camera they used in REmake. It was more faithful in that regard to the original and added a lot of tension, but as I said, it's ok either way. Something they could've done was to make things more realistic. Like finding all these different keys when you have a huge shotgun is just a little stupid. I know it's fundamental to RE but it just bothers me. They could've found an excuse to implement that mechanic. It's the same problem I have with Classic Tomb Raider. It wouldn't work today either. Pushing a button in Venice that opens a door in Siberia. Like, no. They better find a better way to implement that if they ever remake the classics.

Other than that, I like the rest. The graphics were nice, the models were ok, the zombies were cool, etc.

Oh, I also didn't like that the second scenario was shorter. I don't think RE3 had 2 scenarios, right? I don't remember that now.

I really like that you keep progressing. I'm not a huge fan of tedious backtracking. Some of it is ok, but not if it's half of the game in the same place, you know? I have some hope that Jill will be pretty badass in this one. Neither Leon nor Claire made any impact in me and I thought they were a little... nice. Too clean for my taste. And I detest the way they portrayed Jill in REmake. Sometimes she felt weaker just because she was the female protagonist, you know? I really hope they leave all that **** behind and bring us a really badass Jill, like the one we've had in the most recent games.

I can almost see it coming now - they're gonna have Carlos show up and do most of the rescuing (I know he did this a little in RE3 too)
God forbid we have a strong female lead in a videogame these days... jeez

Really hoping its ONE scenario with multi choice selections (like re3)
instead of (what I think may happen) Jill AND Carlos having their own independent scenarios like re1 and 2 had
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 22:05   #31525
DragonSlayer
Professor

Just out of curiosity did this happen to anyone else?

I had to check for updates to get the new trophy which is something I've never had to do before for any of my games, I was expecting it to download automatically like every other update.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 23:22   #31526
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

That file was a piece of crap.
Old 13-12-19, 00:48   #31527
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I really like that you keep progressing. I'm not a huge fan of tedious backtracking. Some of it is ok, but not if it's half of the game in the same place, you know? I have some hope that Jill will be pretty badass in this one. Neither Leon nor Claire made any impact in me and I thought they were a little... nice. Too clean for my taste. And I detest the way they portrayed Jill in REmake. Sometimes she felt weaker just because she was the female protagonist, you know? I really hope they leave all that **** behind and bring us a really badass Jill, like the one we've had in the most recent games.
Leon and Claire were really innocent and weird in the original RE2 too. If they keep this remake faithful, I promise you'll love Jill. As for RE2's backtracking, I hate it too. Going back and forth in one area for hours is never fun in any game, and the fact that it's basically all RE2 is makes me question why it's such a fan favourite.
Old 13-12-19, 01:07   #31528
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Watching the game awards now....Resident Evil 2 isn't gonna win anything, Death Stranding is probably gonna win every award it is nominated for

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 13-12-19 at 01:09.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 01:38   #31529
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
That file was a piece of crap.
It could have been omitted entirely and I would not have cared.
Old 13-12-19, 02:39   #31530
Daft Raider

What did you guys expect from the note?

It’s a cute nod, although I’m not sure why it wasn’t included in the first place?
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote