www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 04-05-19, 21:30   #22821
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
True.

@lance I think fans are much more bearable on Twitter than on here. The fans I run into and talk to are actually willing to have a genuine discussion instead of saying “u r WRONG!1!! 😤😤😤😤”.
Definitely. I'm starting to be more active on Twitter and it's refreshing to see so many classic and reboot fans having nice conversations and agreeing that everyone should be more supportive and less confrontational overall. Even some people with the most extreme views agree with certain things the other says. It's heartwarming really. I feel like people are more of a community on Twitter, specially compared to TRF.

I'd also like to add that it breaks my heart to see A LOT of people saying they don't come here because they don't feel welcomed. It's a shame, really. This place would be much better if those people were more involved here. Sigh.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 21:35   #22822
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
True.

@lance I think fans are much more bearable on Twitter than on here. The fans I run into and talk to are actually willing to have a genuine discussion instead of saying “u r WRONG!1!! 😤😤😤😤”.

Still, I wish there weren’t as many entitled, childish fans across the board.
If they bring about this to the game for real; a difference in the air of TRF will change for good, guaranteed.

I'm addicated to this now.
Old 04-05-19, 21:37   #22823
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

I just had a conversation this week with a nice SOTTR account on Instagram and they said they lurk around here for a long time but never cared to join because the place feels toxic.
Old 04-05-19, 21:42   #22824
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
If they bring about this to the game for real; a difference in the air of TRF will change for good, guaranteed.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5mC7YSW0AIo5q6?format=jpg&name=900x90IMG]

I'm addicated to this now.
I think it would still be ripped apart for her face and stupid mullet hair, because I honestly feel that way looking at this (I just can't see past it sorry), but I would greatly appreciate it and it would definitely make me buy whatever DLC needed to get it there and then.

I'm not gonna go on and on about how I want classic Lara-isms back and then not support it when we get it. That's why I rushed out to buy Shadow new.
Old 04-05-19, 21:44   #22825
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I just had a conversation this week with a nice SOTTR account on Instagram and they said they lurk around here for a long time but never cared to join because the place feels toxic.
lol unfortunately that's true sometimes
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 21:45   #22826
Enya Brennan
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I don’t really have time for this place anymore but the amount of energy I’d need to tackle a conversation and to try to make my point visible is not worth the effort.

What I do find a bit sad is that some members devote themselves to defending their opinions and setting the dogs on anyone who disagrees with them that they forget about the possibility of getting along with those people. Not everything revolves around which Tomb Raider game is your favourite, perhaps you’re arguing with someone that might be your soulmate xD
Old 04-05-19, 21:52   #22827
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Sounds like a person that is too fragile for the internet.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 21:58   #22828
lance6439
Legend

Some people aren’t even Lara Croft fans. They’re just fans or her old attire and looks. Reboot Lara (from what we’ve seen so far) doesn’t look good in any of Classic Lara’s wardrobe and she cannot pull it off without some sorta transformation magic going on.
Old 04-05-19, 22:18   #22829
Fantasy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Sounds like a person that is too fragile for the internet.
Sounds like a person who doesn’t want to waste their time arguing with people.
Old 04-05-19, 22:21   #22830
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Some people aren’t even Lara Croft fans. They’re just fans or her old attire and looks. Reboot Lara (from what we’ve seen so far) doesn’t look good in any of Classic Lara’s wardrobe and she cannot pull it off without some sorta transformation magic going on.
Right she looks like a normal girl in cosplay. She doesn't look bad I don't think, she looks fine, but it's just still so... meh normal.

I'd still very much appreciate the gesture, it's not like I expect them to create a whole new character model just for some dlc outfits.

I think it would be a massive win though. After years of quite clear insistance that things must be as distant from the "inappropriately sexy" classic character as possible, honestly just getting the new version in some damn classic-style shorts would be a victory and massive step forward in itself.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-05-19 at 22:41.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote