www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-03-20, 19:54   #24021
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

So I work security at my job and while everyone is pretty much being forced to work from home, my job is not able to be done like that. I however am still able to work! Iím very grateful! Iím in charge of disinfecting the building in case some people do come and go everyday, along with cleaning and doing some routine maintenance because Iím handy and already here.

I have around 20 houseplants and I know we have plants around the building that need to be cared for while everyone is gone, so Iíve volunteered myself. I sent out an email to everyone asking if they left some plants here at work and if they need to be cared for. I got a ton of responses so Iím gonna have my hands full.

One person in particular told me she has a very sad plant and she feeds it Diet Coke. I want to call the police..
I checked out her plant, I think itís a philodendron, and she keeps it in an old Tupperware container. I want to take this home with me and tell her it died while she was gone in order to save it.

Current Mood: Why?????????
Old 25-03-20, 02:20   #24022
Rai

^I'm not good with plants, but even I know that diet coke is not a good thing to water/feed it. Odd.

I'm very confused. I was wearing a chain with two pendants (I couldn't decide). Just now I was leaning over my rabbit's cage when the necklace got caught and broke. The chain and one pendent fell into the cage and I retrieved them. But one of the pendants is now missing. I checked in and under the cage and it's not there. I cant see it on the floor and I even checked my clothes. Nothing. I'm here just scratching my head.
Old 25-03-20, 17:24   #24023
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Just re-read that you checked the floor and your clothes. Maybe check your bra.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 25-03-20 at 17:26.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 20:17   #24024
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
So I work security at my job and while everyone is pretty much being forced to work from home, my job is not able to be done like that. I however am still able to work! Iím very grateful! Iím in charge of disinfecting the building in case some people do come and go everyday, along with cleaning and doing some routine maintenance because Iím handy and already here.

I have around 20 houseplants and I know we have plants around the building that need to be cared for while everyone is gone, so Iíve volunteered myself. I sent out an email to everyone asking if they left some plants here at work and if they need to be cared for. I got a ton of responses so Iím gonna have my hands full.

One person in particular told me she has a very sad plant and she feeds it Diet Coke. I want to call the police..
I checked out her plant, I think itís a philodendron, and she keeps it in an old Tupperware container. I want to take this home with me and tell her it died while she was gone in order to save it.

Current Mood: Why?????????
Iím in the same boat I work in a lab and I still have to go and Iím the certified plant mother at work lol. I have to go into everyoneís offices and water everything
Old 27-03-20, 21:48   #24025
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Hate being on so many medications just to live now.

2 inhalers
2 nasal spray
1 blood pressure medication
1 allergy medication.

That pneumonia I had last year really took its toll on my body. If I didn't have insurance right now I'd be dead for sure, or in the ER at least.
Old 28-03-20, 17:23   #24026
DragonSlayer
Professor

Less than a day into the Irish government imposed confinement at home and I'm already tired of it, thirteen days 5 and a half hours to go, they better not extend the length of the confinement on April 12th.

If only it were possible to hibernate.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-20, 22:34   #24027
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I had a Hell's kitchen moment today.

I ****ed mashed potatoes twice. First was too hard, second tasted nasty with too much garlic and salt. Mom had to help me cook the potatoes today. I usually don't mess them up as everyone loves my mashed potatoes, but something today in my was just not right.

Don't know if I'm stressed and that's why I ****ed up. They still ain't right after trying to fix them with Mom.

At least I made the beans and rice properly.

Edit

****ed the chicken too, barbeque sauce nothing but black ash on the chicken. Gonna have to order out.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 28-03-20 at 22:40.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 00:35   #24028
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

So tired I canít wait for my day off from work
Old 29-03-20, 13:57   #24029
HecticBartoli
Historian

Iím feeling okay coping with fear of COVID-19. Looking after myself and watching The Simpsons (1 Season per day)
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 16:18   #24030
ANoDE
Golden

I'm actually angry as f*ck.

1) My fiancť just broke my Gaming Heads TR3 statue. It was an accident, so I'm not mad at him, but it did manage to upset me anyway.

2) My fiancť uncle just showed up to visit. He is a frickin' politician. WHAT PART OF 'STAY AT HOME TO SAVE LIVES' didn't he get? We're living with our grandma (85 yrs old) and myself (impaired immune system due to illness) in this house. I just don't get it. How can you be so stupid / selfish?! ARGH!