Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 27-03-20, 02:49   #16101
GeekOfComedy

And also it's MGM we're talking about here... They literally have nothing.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 20:39   #16102
Ellioft

Wow I was searching for Alicia Vikander stunt doubles and I found most of the informations on an account from a person clearly completely deranged by Alicia as Lara with grotesque photomontage etc...
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 21:57   #16103
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Wow I was searching for Alicia Vikander stunt doubles and I found most of the informations on an account from a person clearly completely deranged by Alicia as Lara with grotesque photomontage etc...
I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Deranged? Grotesque? Seems a bit harsh and I'm not sure what you mean exactly by using those terms? Are you saying they're not like Alicia at all?
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 22:28   #16104
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Deranged? Grotesque? Seems a bit harsh and I'm not sure what you mean exactly by using those terms? Are you saying they're not like Alicia at all?
I'm not talking about the stunt doubles but the person who made the account where I have found the pictures of the stunt doubles. There was photoshop montage of Alicia naked or not at her advantage saying she was a shame to be chosen as Lara etc. Clearly an obsessed person.

Anyway I have visualised frame by frame every action scenes in TR 2018 and wow it's hard to match where they use a double wich is great.

I did the same for the first AJ movie I've got some pictures
The stunt double for Angie was a man and that's very visible.

What I find interesting it's how the technology have advanced we are in a time where you can't distinct at all the difference between a stunt person and the actor.

Last edited by Ellioft; 29-03-20 at 22:30.
Old 29-03-20, 22:30   #16105
PinkyPromise

Maybe Tancha twitter account LOL
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 22:32   #16106
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Maybe Tancha twitter account LOL
That's it it was her tumblr.
Old 29-03-20, 23:19   #16107
Rai

Thanks for clarifying, Ellioft .

It's a shame that someone has to be so awful just because they don't like the choice of actress for a role.
Old 30-03-20, 06:15   #16108
Portugalraider

Also don't forget all the Fassbender fans that are pissed at Alicia for daring to marry him. Lot's of crazy people down there.

About the stunts, I remember in interviews that for the 2018 movie they were there mostly to test the stunt and teach Alicia how to do them afterwards. I think Alicia only didn't do the really dangerous things.

Like, we have footage showing Alicia wore a wetsuit while shooting the river set-piece. Considering skin is one of the hardest things to properly render in CGI (if I'm not mistaken) those scenes are perhaps composites with Alicia's head and a double's body for example. Perhaps many scenes were edited like that and it is why it is hard to find the shots were the double is actually present.

Well, that and the fact they actually buses stunt women and not a skinny man on a wig
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 08:44   #16109
PinkyPromise

Uncharted has again been delayed by Coronavirus ... I guess TR too. It would not be unusual for TR to go to March 2021
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 10:54   #16110
Rai

It would be nice at this point if GK Films or MGM made a statement over any scheduling changes. Unless they're hopeful and just crossing their fingers that filming can still start in the summer. Maybe they have Alicia locked away in self isolation with a personal trainer .