www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 18-12-15, 20:23   #21
NatlaTechs
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
This occurs because the texture numbers on the playstation levels are different than those on the pc. Sadly, I haven't though of an easy way of getting around this. I am working on a function where you can compare a pc version of a level to a psx one, and it will produce a list of which texture numbers relate to which, but so far, I'm sorry to say I have no easy solution.
It's all right! I'll try to search the textures, thank you.
NatlaTechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 07:59   #22
TRLove
Hobbyist

Hi. I want change geometry level. I wrote GET GEOMETRY. I open and it write: Vertex(2,1024,5120,1280,6200,6200,0000). But i dont know where it is. You use 3D program to see where is anything (x,z,y etc..)?
TRLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 16:09   #23
b122251
Explorer

TRMOD is entirely text-based. You could open up a room in something like FexInspect and see. All I can say is: one "block" is 1024 coordinates long. Therefore, that vertex you showed there is in room 2, in the bottom left corner of the "block" (1,5), one and a quarter "block" above the lowest point in the room, and has intensity of 6200.

The sad thing is, I haven't written the manual yet to explain all this (I haven't finished the program yet). For now, the best suggestion I can give is to look at the TRosetta Stone document and learn about the formats.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 09:23   #24
TRLove
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
TRMOD is entirely text-based. You could open up a room in something like FexInspect and see. All I can say is: one "block" is 1024 coordinates long. Therefore, that vertex you showed there is in room 2, in the bottom left corner of the "block" (1,5), one and a quarter "block" above the lowest point in the room, and has intensity of 6200.

The sad thing is, I haven't written the manual yet to explain all this (I haven't finished the program yet). For now, the best suggestion I can give is to look at the TRosetta Stone document and learn about the formats.
Ok, but i am not good in programming. When you think will program complete ? This year ?
TRLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-16, 14:19   #25
Sardoc
Archaeologist

So I tried to use TRMOD for evil: to add that mummy in City of Khamoon that was present in the PSX version, but not in the PC version. It works and scares the living bananas out of people just like its PSX older brother did, but it breaks compatibility with old savegames. Well damn.

Guess I can't include it in any mod for the public, but I'm defo not getting rid of it.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 10:02   #26
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
So I tried to use TRMOD for evil: to add that mummy in City of Khamoon that was present in the PSX version, but not in the PC version. It works and scares the living bananas out of people just like its PSX older brother did, but it breaks compatibility with old savegames. Well damn.

Guess I can't include it in any mod for the public, but I'm defo not getting rid of it.
Hahaha! Awesome. Could you maybe post the commands you used? I'd love to try it myself.
Old 01-03-16, 12:39   #27
AODfan
Archaeologist

So is it possible to build entirely new levels with this tool or do they have to be based on the old levels in some way?
I imagine it would take a really long time to build a new level like that but I'm kinda curious if it's possible
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 16:07   #28
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
So is it possible to build entirely new levels with this tool or do they have to be based on the old levels in some way?
I imagine it would take a really long time to build a new level like that but I'm kinda curious if it's possible
Well, you first need a basic level file to work with. But it is entirely possible to build your own level by taking a level, removing all world geometry, and writing your own geometry. I don't recommend this, because it would take ages, but you could.
Old 01-03-16, 21:07   #29
NatlaTechs
Hobbyist

Talking

Hi, I finally back to my home , and I could finally move on my custom level ... But I'm having a trouble when I put a trigger with TRMOD. it forms a hole .
NatlaTechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 07:15   #30
b122251
Explorer

That's very odd. Could you send me the level file and the command you used?
Then I can take a look at it.