www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 22-03-20, 07:54   #1171
nakamichi680
Explorer

^ that screenshot was just an early mockup of the Multi-Patcher. 360 camera support was dropped in the early stages of MP 1.0 development.
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-20, 14:00   #1172
ExpertRaider
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
^ that screenshot was just an early mockup of the Multi-Patcher. 360 camera support was dropped in the early stages of MP 1.0 development.
Alright. So will you continue to work on the 360 camera and add a patch to the next version of the Multi-Patcher? Or is this the most recent executable that has the 360 camera in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvO6IZfWJU

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=407

Because this 360 camera executable works for me if I have my xbox 360 controller disabled. But if I have my controller enabled the 360 camera rotates around Lara without me pressing anything. But if I have the controller disabled it works with the mouse just fine. I can use xpadder to map keyboard buttons and the mouse to my controller so that fixes the controller bug.

So what version of sasho648's Fixed Controls mod did you use for the 360 camera executable? Is it version 6.6.4 of sasho648's mod? Because that is the most recent version. I want to know so that I have the latest version of the game and the latest version of the fixed controls, Thanks!

Last edited by ExpertRaider; 24-03-20 at 14:07.
ExpertRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-20, 14:11   #1173
nakamichi680
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertRaider View Post
Alright. So will you continue to work on the 360 camera and add a patch to the next version of the Multi-Patcher? Or is this the most recent executable that has the 360 camera in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvO6IZfWJU

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=407

Because this 360 camera executable works for me if I have my xbox 360 controller disabled. But if I have my controller enabled the 360 camera rotates around Lara without me pressing anything. But if I have the controller disabled it works with the mouse just fine. I can use xpadder to map keyboard buttons and the mouse to my controller so that fixes the controller bug.

So what version of sasho648's Fixed Controls mod did you use? Is it version 6.6.4 of sasho648's mod? Because that is the most recent version. I want to know so that I have the latest version of the game and the latest version of the fixed controls, Thanks!
Yeah, the link you posted is the only 360 camera executable I've ever released. It's based on sasho648's mod v. 6.6.3 IIRC.
I won't work on 360 camera again.
Old 24-03-20, 14:35   #1174
ExpertRaider
Hobbyist

Quote:
Yeah, the link you posted is the only 360 camera executable I've ever released. It's based on sasho648's mod v. 6.6.3 IIRC.
I won't work on 360 camera again.
Nice! So that means the 360 camera executable you released is running on the latest patch of the game v52, cool. So do you know what was changed from Sasho's fixed controls v6.6.3 mod to v6.6.4? Because I can't find any differences between them. Maybe Sasho fixed some bugs or something?
Old 24-03-20, 15:19   #1175
nakamichi680
Explorer

^ in 6.6.3 Lara could randomly disappear under certain lighting conditions. V. 6.6.4 seems not to be affected by this bug. I don't know if there are other changes.
Old 24-03-20, 15:25   #1176
ExpertRaider
Hobbyist

Quote:
^ in 6.6.3 Lara could randomly disappear under certain lighting conditions. V. 6.6.4 seems not to be affected by this bug. I don't know if there are other changes.
Thanks! I know how to fix that graphical bug. Its the actual game engine that causes that. All I have to do is change the render type to Fixed hardware instead of Shader Hardware. That way it will stop all of the graphics from flickering. Thanks again for the info!

I was also wondering if there is any way to enable the 360 camera for any executable using a hex editor like HxD editor? Like is it an easy thing to enable by just flipping a boolean switch from false to true for the 360 camera? Or was there coding involved in order to get it to work?
Old 24-03-20, 15:30   #1177
nakamichi680
Explorer

^if you use fixed hardware setting you lose most of graphical effects.
Enabling 360 camera involves changing several portions of the code so it's not as simple as changing a couple of bytes with an hex editor.
Old 24-03-20, 15:59   #1178
ExpertRaider
Hobbyist

Quote:
^if you use fixed hardware setting you lose most of graphical effects.
Enabling 360 camera involves changing several portions of the code so it's not as simple as changing a couple of bytes with an hex editor.
Oh really? Ok, in that case I will just use the Shader Hardware setting and tolerate the Lara flickering bug until Sasho releases a new version of the 360 camera that doesn't have camera relative controls and uses the latest version of the game. But thanks to you I can have all of the perks of Sasho's fixed controls mod and still have an updated game with a 360 camera. Thanks again Nakamichi! You have been very helpful.
Old 24-03-20, 17:24   #1179
nakamichi680
Explorer

^ you're welcome
Old 28-04-20, 16:32   #1180
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quick question that occured to me.

If I create a save game with an edited version of the level, will it crash if loaded on a "clean" install without changed level files?

Would save games I made for others to download work fine if they have the base game files? no changed level files.

Last edited by Samz; 28-04-20 at 16:34.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote