www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-10-16, 17:22   #121
FairFriend
Student
 
FairFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 119
Default

@nakamichi680

Looking at the screens you have posted it seems to me that you are not only flipping the normals of some textures but also changing the geometry of the levels. I'd like to know how you are doing that, if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by FairFriend; 20-10-16 at 17:25.
FairFriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-16, 18:20   #122
nakamichi680
Explorer
 
nakamichi680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
@nakamichi680

Looking at the screens you have posted it seems to me that you are not only flipping the normals of some textures but also changing the geometry of the levels. I'd like to know how you are doing that, if you don't mind me asking.
No problem at all I use 010 editor, excel, notepad and 3ds max (but any 3d modelling sw is fine). I export vertices and faces from the map file to excel, then I move them to notepad and save as OBJ file. Then I apply changes in 3ds max and finally I put vertices back in the map file.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 11:01   #123
red_lion
Historian
 
red_lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 448
Default

@naka Are you stille busy with this Project?
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 17:32   #124
nakamichi680
Explorer
 
nakamichi680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
@naka Are you stille busy with this Project?
Not very much, I'm studying other files (ani, col, collisions).
There might be some updates for the hall of seasons in the next weeks.
At the moment my priority is to make a map importer/exporter in order to fix all these glitches quickier.
If you find other bugs post them here, I'll check if they can be easily fixed or not.

I've also found a fix for the crazy shadows that randomly appear/disappear.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 22:40   #125
red_lion
Historian
 
red_lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Not very much, I'm studying other files (ani, col, collisions).
There might be some updates for the hall of seasons in the next weeks.
At the moment my priority is to make a map importer/exporter in order to fix all these glitches quickier.
If you find other bugs post them here, I'll check if they can be easily fixed or not.

I've also found a fix for the crazy shadows that randomly appear/disappear.
Yay! I'll do that. Which of the levels are excluded from fixing? (except the ones you already did and PARIS1.gmx). Looking for bugs in AOD is such an addiction. I could easily watch and investigate it for hours, not gonna happen

I looked in the past also in the ani-files. I can see a GENERIC_MALE (nod, shake etc.) or GENERIC_FEMALE (again nod, shake, no, etc. figure in the Café Metro and in other levels. It has also a PR and a PA in the function. Witch stands (I belief) to Prague (PR) and Paris (PA). So.. could be in Café metro two extra people in it and later deleted? Because it's all Kurtis, Lara and Pierre. The CHR files don't mention a village people man/female. Maybe the time was not ready or they did not finish this. Why would they made a bar with only one costumer in it? And who calls Pierre at dawn when nobody is awake.. or in the café. Questions, questions.

I'll look at it and let you know.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 23:25   #126
JOHN30011887
Student
 
JOHN30011887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK, SCOTLAND
Posts: 203
Default

Amazing work on all the fixes so far

I have a bug that i thought id share, if its possible to fix

The cafe has strange reflection that shows the room inside

http://i.imgur.com/cIAjFPE.jpg
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 23:39   #127
nakamichi680
Explorer
 
nakamichi680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Amazing work on all the fixes so far

I have a bug that i thought id share, if its possible to fix

The cafe has strange reflection that shows the room inside

http://i.imgur.com/cIAjFPE.jpg
man, it's in the first page of the thread

Thanks for the compliments
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 23:43   #128
JOHN30011887
Student
 
JOHN30011887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK, SCOTLAND
Posts: 203
Default

Hey, i was just away to remove that from my comment,
i downloaded the fix from another site but never worked, but now i copied from here and it fixed the issue

iv bookmarked this page, love the work you have done, i love Aod
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 23:53   #129
nakamichi680
Explorer
 
nakamichi680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Hey, i was just away to remove that from my comment,
i downloaded the fix from another site but never worked, but now i copied from here and it fixed the issue

iv bookmarked this page, love the work you have done, i love Aod
Thanks! If you like modding I suggest you to give a look to the AoD modding thread:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=163356
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 23:58   #130
JOHN30011887
Student
 
JOHN30011887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK, SCOTLAND
Posts: 203
Default

Thanks, will defo take a browse
__________________
I make Game Icons, Check my Profile page for info :D
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 13:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.