www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 12-11-19, 18:12   #151
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
A source code is literally (simply, for you to understand) sentences that instruct and guide the game engine to do something x. The source code is already there in the games we have, but we canít access it easily. Itís a ton of work and only programmers that knows what to do can get ahold of them/use them properly. With the source code you can remaster the games via creating compatible tools, etc..

So no, a source code is not the game itself...... Youíll need level files to play those early versions of the game, which is N/A AFAIK... ^.^
Ok. Now finally I understand.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 18:21   #152
TR-Freak
Professor

just nitpicking, but
Quote:
The source code is already there in the games we have, but we canít access it easily
Thats not the source code, that's the compiled machine code we execute while playing.
The source code is the raw form a human can read (hopefully. Core Design's Code smells in every corner)
Old 12-11-19, 18:23   #153
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
just nitpicking, but

Thats not the source code, that's the compiled machine code we execute while playing.
The source code is the raw form a human can read (hopefully. Core Design's Code smells in every corner)
Then what do we have to use to execute the source code while playing it?
Old 12-11-19, 18:40   #154
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
It has already been compiled for PSX by me and also compiled for PC by MontyTRC (with a few alterations to work in modern visual studio).

If you don't know what you're doing then you shouldn't be playing with the source code in the first place.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
You were just born with all the knowledge you now have about programming, of course.
Well it's true. You can't except the community to know things about programming and modding if, as someone who does know those things, this is the type of answer you give them, Ghost.

Last edited by Joey79100; 12-11-19 at 18:42.
Joey79100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 19:46   #155
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I know at some point it gets so boring to play the final version of the games every single day.
Old 12-11-19, 19:58   #156
UroshUchiha
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
I know at some point it gets so boring to play the final version of the games every single day.
And why did you make the exact same comment in three different threads? Twice double posting for no reason.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 20:37   #157
tlr online
Administrator

Exclamation

Some posts have been removed and marked as spam.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 22:28   #158
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
It has already been compiled for PSX by me and also compiled for PC by MontyTRC (with a few alterations to work in modern visual studio).

If you don't know what you're doing then you shouldn't be playing with the source code in the first place.

Cheers.
I think it is a good thing for the Tomb Raider community as a whole that there are folks on here who are interested in the source code of a 20 year old game and that kind of curiosity in coding or other technical stuff shouldn't be shot down.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 05:04   #159
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
I think it is a good thing for the Tomb Raider community as a whole that there are folks on here who are interested in the source code of a 20 year old game and that kind of curiosity in coding or other technical stuff shouldn't be shot down.
Who's shooting people down? Maybe you should.... Errr... learn to read?

If people actually cared about the source code as much as you're implying they'd have downloaded it, compiled it and made changes months ago when it actually leaked. Seems like an understatement to me so check your facts and "sudden interest by a few users" doesn't equate to the whole community.

Source code has been available for tons of custom tools, engine remakes/clones etc and nobody ever really did anything with those... So why would they do anything with the original source?

Also, I might want to point out that un-authorised use of the original source code can land you in legal trouble if you're not careful.

Cheers.
Old 13-11-19, 05:08   #160
Heartache
Professor

im quite sure i have it on my computer (currently at my work computer so i cant look) so anyone who wants it can shoot me a pm so i can send it to them (dont expect quick answers though, im lazy BUT i will get back to you soon [not CD, EM soon™])