www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 03-05-20, 23:57   #1
Niveus
Professor

Default Someone in the know

Hopefully someone in the know will be able to help

I haven't been consistently active in a long time, and while I keep meaning to start building again, there always seems to be so much development and so much activity going on that I have no idea where to start.

With this coronavirus lockdown I have a lot of spare time to get stuck in again, and I have nothing better to be doing...

I've spent about an hour poring through the forums trying to follow things that lead the community to where it is now. I know I could always carry on with the TRNG build I have installed, but I can see there have been updates to TRNG to include plug ins. In the mean time, I see that Tomb Editor has been released, and they are working on an engine for that, so... I am left with some questions,

- Is TRNG still being supported or is Paolone left the community?
- Is there a list of plug ins available or, where can I see the plug ins made by the community?
- Aren't plug ins compatible with each other? And how do you know if they aren't?
- Is FLEP compatible with the plug in TRNG version?
- What should I use Tomb Editor with? TRNG or TRLE?
- Are plug ins compatible with the Tomb Editor?
- Is FLEP compatible with the Tomb Editor?

I feel like a noob again, so I'm really sorry if this is all written down somewhere. I promise I have spent a lot of time looking. It all seems pretty impenetrable.

Thank you to any soul who can help me with some replies.

Last edited by Niveus; 03-05-20 at 23:58.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 05:18   #2
sapper
Archaeologist

Quote:
- Is TRNG still being supported or is Paolone left the community?
Paolone has disappeared as has meta2tr so no further updates for TRNG or meta2tr.
Old 04-05-20, 05:40   #3
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Is TRNG still being supported or is Paolone left the community?
Unfortunately Paolone left us with a version that needs fixing :shrug:

Quote:
Is there a list of plug ins available or, where can I see the plug ins made by the community?
here.

Quote:
Aren't plug ins compatible with each other? And how do you know if they aren't?
As far as I know, all of them are compatible with each other. They are not compatible if, for example, they use the same extra slots.

Quote:
Is FLEP compatible with the plug in TRNG version?
Yes, but you need to use the old 1.2.2.6 exe (there's no difference between the 2)

Quote:
What should I use Tomb Editor with? TRNG or TRLE?
Currently, TRNG. In the future, TR5Main.

Quote:
Are plug ins compatible with the Tomb Editor?
All plugins are compatible with Tomb Editor, the only issue is it doesn't support plugin triggers; so, if you want a plugin trigger, you will have to script it (using a triggergroup), by exporting the trigger using NGLE.

Quote:
Is FLEP compatible with the Tomb Editor?
Of course, Tomb Editor is just an editor and not a new engine, so it still uses the TRLE/NGLE engine

xoxo

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 04-05-20 at 05:41.
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 08:26   #4
Krystian
Explorer

Nice to see you again Niveus, I've been wondering where you disappeared to!

Yeah, a lot of changes took place during your absence and huge leaps of progress were made with new developments, as already mentioned by other people. TR5Main progress is going very well and it's close to the first public version (but don't expect it in the next coming weeks yet!) It will give possibilities that were unthinkable with TRNG and FLEP combined, due to decompiling most of the game. Practically limitless features, for real this time!
And yes, TRNG seems pretty much dead from this point onward (unless Paolone makes an sudden return to the community). Most people (myself included) have the attitude that there's no point developing new features for something that will pretty soon be obsolete.

As for plugins, I'll be releasing one or possibly two if things go well, but after that I will turn all my focus to develop stuff for Tr5Main.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 08:34   #5
TR-Freak
Professor

fyi, you can use FLEP with TRNG in version 1.3.0.0+
There is a FLEP patch that "removes unused resources" - which is actually just the bigger icon file. if you activate this patch, FLEP works together with plugins
Old 04-05-20, 11:39   #6
Joey79100
Professor

^
Thanks to ChocolateFan. She added many patches (unfortunately the OP is not up to date), you can find the latest file here.

Doesn't change the fact that it needs fixing to be considered stable.

Last edited by Titak; 06-05-20 at 09:18. Reason: Quote removed because original post was removed.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 12:47   #7
Niveus
Professor

Wow, there are so many responses. I am grateful there still exists such a presence even 20 years later.

@Sapper
Thanks for the update. That is a shame Paolone and meta2tr have left the community. At least the functions of meta2tr is supported with Tomb Editor.

@SrDanielPonces
I am assuming when you're talking about plug in triggers that these plug ins create new triggers accessible in NGLE?

So even if you use Tomb Editor to make your projects, then if you use certain plugins you will have to open NGLE to export some triggers for scripting still?

@Krystian
Hello friend, nice to see you too
TR5Main excites me, because the reason I lost interest in LE after some time was down to shaky standing and walking animations that I couldn't fix even after many hours work, because tomb4 doesn't use the floating point values. I hope this will be built in to TR5Main and from the looks of things it will be

Thank you for your explanation. I assume then that when TR5Main is released, TRNG, the plug ins, FLEP and NGLE will all become redundant and eventually all the plug in features will be recreated in this new framework?

Your animation work is so fluid an realistic, by the way

@Joey
Thank you for the latest on that, I am grateful you were able to dig that out for me!

@Everyone
Thank you for all your kind responses.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 13:00   #8
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus View Post
@SrDanielPonces
I am assuming when you're talking about plug in triggers that these plug ins create new triggers accessible in NGLE?

So even if you use Tomb Editor to make your projects, then if you use certain plugins you will have to open NGLE to export some triggers for scripting still?
exactly
Old 04-05-20, 16:37   #9
LaraCablara
Professor

Why did he disappear Did he just lose interest or get sick of the community and decide k bye? Weird it never went open source.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 17:00   #10
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
Why did he disappear Did he just lose interest or get sick of the community and decide k bye? Weird it never went open source.
basically yes, he was just not interested in trng from what i remember