www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-09-19, 16:47   #5031
SoraSakai
Professor

Sales have died down. Waiting a year (or sometimes more) and then repackaging everything at a lower price can gain a sales boost for them. It also creates a complete package for anyone who missed out on it the first time around. This isn’t really looking like a discussion though. You’re reverting back to your “trying to sound smart, rather than be smart.” old ways. So I’m just probably not going to respond after this.
Old 06-09-19, 17:18   #5032
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Pretty much, which means that everyone who buys Season Passes overpays.
Exactly, but some folks just don't understand the concept of money. Especially when they ask us to pay more when we paid 30% more the cost.
Old 06-09-19, 17:30   #5033
Leon2703
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I agree, it was really painful to read. So little consideration for others... It's incredible bc I am sure that if the 8th DLC ends up not being part of the season pass some people will not be very happy. I've seen posts on reddit and facebook of people already asking if it will be part of the season pass. Most people see it as redemption for the overabundance of tribal outfits so taking all of this into account I firmly believe it should be sold separately for those who do not own the season pass just like it was done with ROTTR.

I may still buy it eventually bc I am a fan if it ends up being sold separately (as long as it is what I think it will be bc we still haven't seen anything) but I may not be feeling happy about it and I may have to reconsider it bc I've already paid 90 dollars. It's as if Tomb Raider had become as miserable as EA. I had bought the Sims 4 on console and ended up selling it bc of the exaggerate amount of expensive DLC that was required in order to have a decent experience. It is an annoying and bad practice and I doubt EM/CD will fall into that, I hope they don't prove me wrong this time.
Yeah I agree, and I agree with charmedangelin tbh, as I have said before. No, they absolutley don't have to give the DLC for free, what was announced was delivered and this DLC is not a part of it, however, I can't help but feel it's really unfair. First of all, the season pass was really expansive, it was 50% the price of the game (IMO, the Season Pass content was not worth it at all... except for all the amazing tribal outfits, those were lovely ).

But what was really effed up was the price drop one month after the launch.. 34% off! They made me feel like a total idiot for pre-ordering it. Now comes a new DLC and after all that, they ask me to pay for it? Not likely. I will just wait for a friend of mine to pickup the DE so I can play it. It won't be hard at all either, they trained me for it when they decided to make Rise exclusive for a whole year.

Yes, I should try to not pre-order and wait for a sale to buy it, cuz that's the only way I am getting my money's worth IMO. The problem is that I love this franchise so freaking much. Of course this is all hypothetical and I sure hope it comes as part of the season pass. But if it comes to that, it's unfair to me.
Old 06-09-19, 17:30   #5034
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Exactly, but some folks just don't understand the concept of money. Especially when they ask us to pay more when we paid 30% more the cost.
But you bought the SP too, doesn‘t that mean that you don‘t understand the concept of money either?
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 17:34   #5035
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Don't buy games on their release dates. Problem solved. Money saved.

Gaming isn't cheap. Plus it's an era of strong competition, uneven pricing and discounts policies, patches, DLCs, and Definitive Editions.

If you aren't happy with those rules, just wait until your desired game stops being expensive and make your move.
That is not the solution, they need to stop selling multiple editions of the game, especially if the ultimate edition won't come with everything. Especially for the price they ask for the ultimate edition. That should be pushed back against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
But you bought the SP too, doesn‘t that mean that you don‘t understand the concept of money either?
Definitive edition $60 for everything that everyone else paid $90 for.

Games do not depreciate in value. I already paid more money for all that content yet those with definitive edition would be getting all that extra content, that I paid for, for free, plus the new dlc that they wouldn't even be charged for.

If they charge now let's say $6.99 I would be paying even more when those people with the definitive edition wouldn't pay squat.

How is that fair and how am I asking for anything free. I've paid close to $100 while those people would only pay enough to cover the base game as is, no dlc yet they will get the entire pie while I, who paid up to $100 would be required to pay even more of my money.

That is not a fair deal at all and would be unacceptable for them to do that.

Edit

And Jesus Christ the base game now is $30 of which I've paid up to 67% of that for everything. Asking people to pay more when they bought everything would be asking them to pay a substantial amount more then should be required.

That is not ok

Last edited by charmedangelin; 06-09-19 at 17:46.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 17:51   #5036
MissJodieG
Professor

Charmed, it‘s common sense that the price of a game drops after it has been out for some time. And definitive editions are nothing new either, almost every tripple A game gets one. This is nothing to be mad about, you could have waited to get the game at a later point in time.

I don‘t want to make you feel bad about being upset and you probably have your reasons but I feel like you should really step back for a minute or two. I like you better when you‘re all fun and goofy.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 18:11   #5037
iWANEX
Golden

All of you complaining now should've waited a year for the prize to drop. If you didn't, it's your own responsibility. You can't complain now that the people who want to buy the game, they can do so much cheaper. I mean, what did you expect? Seriously. This is basically common sense. Unless you were born yesterday and have never played a game in your entire life. I paid full prize for Shadow and I've been enjoying the game this past year. The person buying it tomorrow missed it for a whole year, something I would never have the patience of doing. I waited for AC Odyssey's prize to drop, though. And it didn't took that much time, actually, so next time you all know what to do. Wait a whole year for the definitive edition. Problem solved.

And if they decide to release some brand new content now that the Season Pass is completed and charge for it, they have every right to do so. And we all have the choice to buy it OR NOT. Of course the best case would be to get it for free, but I kind of want them to charge us after all of this complaining. Let's speak with our wallets, people.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 18:17   #5038
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
All of you complaining now should've waited a year for the prize to drop. If you didn't, it's your own responsibility. You can't complain now that the people who want to buy the game, they can do so much cheaper. I mean, what did you expect? Seriously. This is basically common sense. Unless you were born yesterday and have never played a game in your entire life. I paid full prize for Shadow and I've been enjoying the game this past year. The person buying it tomorrow missed it for a whole year, something I would never have the patience of doing. I waited for AC Odyssey's prize to drop, though. And it didn't took that much time, actually, so next time you all know what to do. Wait a whole year for the definitive edition. Problem solved.

And if they decide to release some brand new content now that the Season Pass is completed and charge for it, they have every right to do so. And we all have the choice to buy it OR NOT. Of course the best case would be to get it for free, but I kind of want them to charge us after all of this complaining. Let's speak with our wallets, people.
I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable at all. This is not on people to wait for anything, people will buy what they want and the business should be fair to consumers. It is not the consumers fault when the business tries to give them the shaft. That's why we have consumer protections in place because it is not the consumers fault.

They can be fair and not demand more money after people have paid a substantial amount more. They've got enough money from one person, to charge more would be greedy.
Old 06-09-19, 18:32   #5039
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Sales have died down. Waiting a year (or sometimes more) and then repackaging everything at a lower price can gain a sales boost for them.
If they can sell it at a lower price a year later, then they can sell it at that price initially. They overprice the product in the beginning--really, all products ever sold are, which is an understandable and acceptable business practice in and of itself. To the video game industry, however, it's just another layer of greed. Regardless of what type of product is being sold, yes, those who buy it initially are always overcharged.

Quote:
It also creates a complete package for anyone who missed out on it the first time around.
Yet if they were selling that complete package right off the bat, as they should be, then no one would have missed it.

Quote:
This isn’t really looking like a discussion though. You’re reverting back to your “trying to sound smart, rather than be smart.” old ways. So I’m just probably not going to respond after this.
I have no old mindset to revert to, as mine hasn't changed. Please don't go back to being blind. You didn't even ask for the reasoning behind my perspective before deciding to jump to that conclusion. But I'll go ahead and bow out myself; I can't do two in depth conversations at once.
Old 06-09-19, 18:33   #5040
tomee
Tomb Raider

Guys just let Charmed sulk in piece. He clearly just wants **** for free. Evil SE is clearly doing him wrong and robbing him of his money. He already bought the Croft Edition which according to the constitution has to contain everything because he says so. Don't write essays on why anything contrary to his opinion is acceptable, because he won't address it and we're sheep anyway for accepting this bad industry practice. How many times does he have to repeat himself until y'all finally get it?