www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 28-04-19, 06:33   #51
Al_x
Historian

I just see that 8th tomb slot as a tease, like they could've put a "one last adventure is coming" at the end of DLC7.

And I'm pretty sure they'll include it in the season pass. They made mistakes but they don't do that kind of mistake. If I remember correctly the manor DLC for Rise was a surprise and not planed in the season pass/collectors but they added it for free.

And as for his content I would love a mix of Blood Ties DLC and the manor level of anniversary, by that I mean a more open manor.
But I really I'm thinking that if they release a Tomb Editor, easy to use but with a lot of content, it would be an amazing content for the game itself and us. And I would ditch the manor for any fanmade tombs or the possibility to create my own evil labyrinth full of spike trap.
Al_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 07:22   #52
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_x View Post
I just see that 8th tomb slot as a tease, like they could've put a "one last adventure is coming" at the end of DLC7.

And I'm pretty sure they'll include it in the season pass. They made mistakes but they don't do that kind of mistake. If I remember correctly the manor DLC for Rise was a surprise and not planed in the season pass/collectors but they added it for free.

And as for his content I would love a mix of Blood Ties DLC and the manor level of anniversary, by that I mean a more open manor.
But I really I'm thinking that if they release a Tomb Editor, easy to use but with a lot of content, it would be an amazing content for the game itself and us. And I would ditch the manor for any fanmade tombs or the possibility to create my own evil labyrinth full of spike trap.
A tomb editor in this engine would be incredible, but I don't see it happening. Imagine all the amazing stuff people would create though
Old 28-04-19, 08:32   #53
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Damn you if you do, damn you if you don't. If they say they're not working on it but they release something, they'll be called liars or unreliable. If they say they are working on content but things go unplanned and they have to cancel, their image and credibility is affected and they're, once again, unreliable.

If they tease or give subtle hints, people overhype themselves and feel betrayed when the reality doesn't meet their expectations.

Or if they say anything, really, people dissect every word and sentence to find new meanings.

This forum is full of examples of all of the above. I recall one member who hated Crystal and called them outright liars for simply saying TR2013 didn't have supernatural elements when it turned out to be false. It was obviously a marketing tactic in order to surprise us, even make us doubt/find an explanation just like Lara with what we saw. But it was still not okay for many.

None of you is entitled to an answer. Yes, there is a 8th tomb slot, yes, there were a few hints, but nothing concrete. Factually we received the last planed official DLC. Anything else is not up to us.

Let the devs work. They'll speak when they're ready and have something to say, if any.
It’s weird that your examples of them being transparent, is an exact example of them NOT being transparent. Like the 2013 example you gave.

So... thanks for reaffirming my opinion lol
Old 28-04-19, 11:56   #54
pharaea
Student

I genuinely think they're using the 8th slot as a way to keep people interested. Shadow's honeymoon phase lasted barely a week post-release, and people have continually grown more and more tired of it. Admitting they're just about as done with the game as the fans are won't help the devs, but leaving some room for speculation might just bring the exposure/interest they need.

tbh, I don't think we should expect anything at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some clever way of stoking the flames without ever lying outright. If they do go through with the DLC, cool, but I doubt it. It's nothing but a strategy to keep us invested at this point.
Old 28-04-19, 13:31   #55
Lukass
Tomb Raider

If you only knew....
Old 28-04-19, 13:49   #56
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Damn you if you do, damn you if you don't.
Don't lump me in that statement. There's nothing wrong with a company providing steady news updates.

Quote:
If they say they're not working on it but they release something, they'll be called liars or unreliable.
Uh, yeah.

Quote:
If they say they are working on content but things go unplanned and they have to cancel, their image and credibility is affected and they're, once again, unreliable.
Only to stupid people.

Quote:
If they tease or give subtle hints, people overhype themselves and feel betrayed when the reality doesn't meet their expectations.
And thank God that I'm not one of them.

Quote:
Or if they say anything, really, people dissect every word and sentence to find new meanings.
And thank God that I'm not one of them.

Quote:
I recall one member who hated Crystal and called them outright liars for simply saying TR2013 didn't have supernatural elements when it turned out to be false. It was obviously a marketing tactic in order to surprise us, even make us doubt/find an explanation just like Lara with what we saw. But it was still not okay for many.
Of course it wasn't. They lied, especially about something that would be a determining factor as to whether or not people would spend their money on the game. I'm glad I never heard that bit of news.

Quote:
None of you is entitled to an answer.
There's the E-Word again. Who's looking for an answer? We'd just like confirmation that the 8th slot is intentional and, therefore, something else is coming other than that one set of clothes that Morrigan informed us of. Sure some of us are able to reasonably induce that one more game area is on the horizon, but a simple "yes" is all we need. We gave them our money, after all, and the product is still incomplete.
Old 28-04-19, 15:14   #57
norabrave
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
A tomb editor in this engine would be incredible, but I don't see it happening. Imagine all the amazing stuff people would create though

This is a nice idea! So many games are using this! Increase game longevity.
Old 28-04-19, 15:41   #58
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
We'd just like confirmation that the 8th slot is intentional and, therefore, something else is coming other than that one set of clothes that Morrigan informed us of. Sure some of us are able to reasonably induce that one more game area is on the horizon, but a simple "yes" is all we need. We gave them our money, after all, and the product is still incomplete.
A “yes” or “no” would suffice. Right now we are all in suspense and anxiously waiting for an update on the 8th slot. I would like to think that we have one more game/tomb to explore before the very looooooooooong wait until the next game release.
Old 28-04-19, 15:42   #59
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It’s weird that your examples of them being transparent, is an exact example of them NOT being transparent. Like the 2013 example you gave.

So... thanks for reaffirming my opinion lol
No. I’m saying that people’s expectations and definitions of ‘transparency’ will differ so will their reaction to it. First.

And secondly, if they become ‘transparent’ and say A one week but B happens the following one, they’ll be linched despite the fact they were honest with us just for the difference in the course of events. It has happened numerous times in the past.

They couldn’t be transparent even if they tried because it would still not be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Rob are you capable of answering a post without going sentence-by-sentence? Because there is no way I’m going there again.

I stand by what I said. Whatever a studio says or do there is always people to complain and be extremely vocal about it. Any veteran on this forum would agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
A “yes” or “no” would suffice
Yeah and what happens if that unofficial and unplanned DLC get canceled because of numerous unexpected issues?

They did a mistake by adding a 8th slot. It triggered too many people’s expectations.

Last edited by Isaac; 28-04-19 at 15:44.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 16:04   #60
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Quote:
Yeah and what happens if that unofficial and unplanned DLC get canceled because of numerous unexpected issues?

They did a mistake by adding a 8th slot. It triggered too many people’s expectations.
You cannot foresee “unexpected issues”. These happen in every area of life unfortunately.

Maybe the plan was to add something else in the 8th slot way back in the development of all the DLCs. Things change all the time. Yes, I’ll be disappointed (as others will), but will not let this change my enjoyment of playing SOTTR and all the DLCs. . We have to move on.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 28-04-19 at 16:07.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote