Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-09, 05:57   #1581
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Wink

Testing DXT5 in your LaraS-LaraCHR:
[IMG]http://i27.************/wv8zzb.jpg[/IMG]

^ A soft gloss will prevent the circles to appear (i'm also wondering if the black color has something to do about it).

I PM'd you the full report.

Edit: The interexchangeables LaraD-LaraC1, LaraD-LaraS, and LaraD-Lara crashes just like playable Kurtis did... I'm wondering if it's the version (52), my computer or else (?). The only Lara that worked so far is the Longbraid-Lara-LaraS (but with incomplete gloss).

Last edited by Mokono; 07-07-09 at 13:41.
Old 07-07-09, 21:43   #1582
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Quote:
Edit: The interexchangeables LaraD-LaraC1, LaraD-LaraS, and LaraD-Lara crashes just like playable Kurtis did... I'm wondering if it's the version (52), my computer or else (?). The only Lara that worked so far is the Longbraid-Lara-LaraS (but with incomplete gloss).
05-07-09 22:14
I shouldn't think there is a problem with version numbers. Did you first save a game using the LaraD.chr? Either original or DXT5 should work. Actually I saved games using all models and loaded the saved games with each interchangeable and they worked fine.

Edit:
I just tried a few more saves and they worked. I also loaded Interchangeable LaraC1.chr into a LaraD.chr saved game then toggled to the desktop and swapped LaraC1 with LaraS then reloaded the same game and it worked.

Edit2: That laraS.chr in Lara.chr model was a test for the Interchangeable Lara models but is not compatible with them. I had to use laraD.chr and not lara.chr because it had the most attachments so all the other models attachments would fit in. I can turn off the extra attachments that aren't used on the other models.

Edit3:
I installed an old LaraD front camera saved game and loaded it with Interchangeable Laras.chr

I hope we solve your problem. I'd like to see more use of these models than just me

Last edited by SparedLife; 07-07-09 at 22:30.
Old 15-07-09, 22:32   #1583
Mokono
Relic Hunter

I tested them in the laptop, and they seem to work fine... However, i'm a bit suspicious... Have you found something?
Old 16-07-09, 00:39   #1584
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
I tested them in the laptop, and they seem to work fine... However, i'm a bit suspicious... Have you found something?

Do you know something I don't? Did I uncover something you see that I missed?

Or are you asking how it's done?

P.S. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.
Old 16-07-09, 00:54   #1585
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Oh, i meant about the Lara.chr, it seems to have the classic textures i posted. Or maybe the laptop isn't recognizing the new chr's? I hate Windows Vista.

PS: Ur welcome.
Old 16-07-09, 01:28   #1586
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Oops, did I steal your textures? I just put some textures on them in order to get them available. I could have sworn I extracted the textures from the original Lara but maybe not.

I would suggest creating new folders for each and using the loader to extract the textures. This will give you the new offsets. If you try to load a skin from a previous model without correcting the offset it will most definetly mess things up.

I used the same mesh technique to create the playable models. It was so easy to make DXT5 compatible NPC character this way.

One of these days I'll get a means to post the mods so we can get this thread updated.
Old 16-07-09, 01:31   #1587
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparedLife View Post
Oops, did I steal your textures?
Never use that word again !

My textures are for those who wants them, i have no intention to print any copyright over them... They belongs to the internetz.

I'm actually finishing all my betas, so i can compilate them.
Old 16-07-09, 02:26   #1588
Hairhelmet12

Cool

I want to play AOD again, bbut i want to use some modds, how do i do this?
Old 16-07-09, 02:51   #1589
Mokono
Relic Hunter

It depends, there are mods for TexMod and the Loader... Wich one would you like to use?
Old 16-07-09, 02:51   #1590
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Hi,
Thanks for the interest. We'll get you up and running as soon as we can. I'll send you what you need.
Closed Thread