www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-09, 04:53   #1661
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNorskChick View Post
If anyone can figure out why this is happening with the playable CHRs, I'll love you forever. Mokono suggested I reinstall the game so I did, but I'm still having the same problem:

[IMG]http://i29.************/155pc7n.jpg[/IMG]
It looks like alpha channel problems. Did you save the texture as DXT5 with an alpha channel? You must have an alpha channel in pure white on the diffuse map to work. After saving your texture close the file and reopen then look to make sure it saved the alpha.

Mokono - I went swimming with a DXT5 Lara and saw what you had mentioned before about the skin disappearing. I turned off the water reflections and then all looked good.

I managed to create a Janice model with all LaraD's accessories.
Problems:
Janice does not have the hair bangs in front so it took the textures from the jacket. As did part of the face. This could probably work out but...
She points the guns to the left to fire straight ahead.
Since it was basically a Lara model I could also load Janice's saved game with LaraD but the results were worse than Eckardts Protos.

This happens because the NPC models do not load body parts in the same order as the Lara model. I got this early on while trying to make the playables and solved it by rearranging body part. Drawback as you can see is when loading LaraD on top of a NPC saved game Lara get loaded wrong. The game fixes as soon as there is a scene load.

Last edited by SparedLife; 03-08-09 at 04:58.
Old 03-08-09, 05:23   #1662
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparedLife View Post
It looks like alpha channel problems. Did you save the texture as DXT5 with an alpha channel? You must have an alpha channel in pure white on the diffuse map to work. After saving your texture close the file and reopen then look to make sure it saved the alpha.
I don't think she modded the file, just downloaded it and played it... I also gave her a link for the Janice i modded with gloss and glow, but it seems the error persists. Do you think is related with that caché thing? I mean, like what happened with VictorXD when he tried to play with the catsuit.

We must figure out this.

Quote:
Mokono - I went swimming with a DXT5 Lara and saw what you had mentioned before about the skin disappearing. I turned off the water reflections and then all looked good.
I'm glad it works fine now, although i never felt bothered for that, since the chances to have a direct shot of Lara being half in water and half in air are from slim to none, cause the game camera is fixed to get completely underwater and from underwater there's not spottable glitch.

Quote:
his happens because the NPC models do not load body parts in the same order as the Lara model. I got this early on while trying to make the playables and solved it by rearranging body part. Drawback as you can see is when loading LaraD on top of a NPC saved game Lara get loaded wrong. The game fixes as soon as there is a scene load.
Does that happens, for example, if you save with NPC Pierre and then load NPC Carvier?
Old 03-08-09, 19:08   #1663
ClassicCroft
Professor

Quote:
Edit: I think i'm gonna drop it, since it looks nothing like i wanted her to...

[IMG]http://i30.************/24ede36.jpg[/IMG]

Edit2: Never mind, i finished her...

[IMG]http://i29.************/291fgd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i26.************/30c8xeu.jpg[/IMG]
The Amanda Textures looks verry good on lara, she looks pretty.
Old 03-08-09, 21:43   #1664
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
I don't think she modded the file, just downloaded it and played it... I also gave her a link for the Janice i modded with gloss and glow, but it seems the error persists. Do you think is related with that caché thing? I mean, like what happened with VictorXD when he tried to play with the catsuit.

We must figure out this.
Can I download the whole file too? Maybe it's something in the game settings or perhaps wrong game version, the original version and a euro version did not have DXT5 ability.

Quote:
Does that happens, for example, if you save with NPC Pierre and then load NPC Carvier?
It depends on a couple things.
I used Lara.chr for most of the playables so they may be able to load each others saved games, I don't know for sure because I never tried.
If they do load each others saved games they will look OK only if the models load the parts in the same order and have the same parameters for each part. If either is not true then your answer would be yes.
Old 12-08-09, 19:52   #1665
Mokono
Relic Hunter

I got them working !!! Now i just have to port every mod i made and i'm content with to .tga and voilà. I forgot that i must use the .tga models, the interexchangeable that i downloaded seems to be incompatible, so i still gotta use the loader instead of the TGA tool??

Last edited by Mokono; 12-08-09 at 19:58.
Old 13-08-09, 03:14   #1666
SparedLife
Archaeologist

You are the only one with the TGA models. The TGA tool only works on the TGA models it does not work on the Interchangeables. In the same token the Loader does not work with the TGA models
I made the TGA models and tool for you to make HiRes skins, there's no real application for the bloated models except for you to test outfits like your converse shoes. You had mentioned before about losing quality when transposing photo work to DDS. Think of the TGA models as skin test models. Once you get the Hi-Res skin how you want it and take a screenshot then you can convert it to the DXT5 DDS for use with the loader and distribution.

You can however distribute the whole TGA model and skin if you do not want to lose the graphic quality keeping in mind you are the only one with the tool. It does you no good to convert your existing DDS skins to TGA since the DDS format has already destroyed the raw Hi-Res bytes. Your best option for the TGA models is any new skins.

If you look at LaraD.chr you will notice the shaded parts of her blouse has bands and does not gradually smooth from light to dark. This is because of the DDS compression which is less pronounced on the DXT5 but still there. The TGA will let you create a very real look bit by bit that once created at such a Hi-Res will not deteriate as much when converted to DXT5.

The TGA tool is just a skin developer's tool that wasn't meant for game use but can be. The models should be compatible with Interchangeable saved games for your favorite screenshots.

Last edited by SparedLife; 13-08-09 at 03:15.
Old 13-08-09, 03:21   #1667
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Smile

Hopefully, i still keep some of the original photoshop files of those mods, but as i told you before, skins as the bikini mod were destroyed by the bin. Anyways, the converse .psd might be around, so as fast as i check it i'll post the screenies to test the quality.

Edit:

I've been remaking all my outfits and tsting them with the ENB plugins...

[IMG]http://i28.************/2cdj42r.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i25.************/105ayc1.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Mokono; 14-08-09 at 22:51.
Old 15-08-09, 02:18   #1668
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Nice,
I bet you have a thousand screen shots by now.
How is your frame rates with the TGA Lara models? I wasn't sure how much the large textures would slow down on other computers, mine works fine just takes a few seconds longer to load the game.

If you get a chance look at the model's texture up close I have a fiber outfit that looks really good close up in TGA

Last edited by SparedLife; 15-08-09 at 02:19.
Old 15-08-09, 09:57   #1669
Cristina
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Hopefully, i still keep some of the original photoshop files of those mods, but as i told you before, skins as the bikini mod were destroyed by the bin. Anyways, the converse .psd might be around, so as fast as i check it i'll post the screenies to test the quality.

Edit:

I've been remaking all my outfits and tsting them with the ENB plugins...

[IMG]http://i28.************/2cdj42r.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i25.************/105ayc1.jpg[/IMG]
wow love it!
Old 30-08-09, 23:24   #1670
SparedLife
Archaeologist

Time to post something.

Lara as a clown on stilts

Closed Thread