www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 06-06-18, 01:21   #121
Feder
Student

Have you tryed replacing it with another sound? Like the sound of the collapsible floor.. that should be present in Bartoli's Hideout
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 01:37   #122
Danath
Archaeologist

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Have you tryed replacing it with another sound? Like the sound of the collapsible floor.. that should be present in Bartoli's Hideout
I have just now replaced the breakable wall sound ( 348 ) with the crumbling floor sound which is different ( 68 ) with TREditSound and recompiled the level loading the altered base, but the sound is still glass breaking. Even if i place the sound in a different animation frame. It's so stupid.
Old 06-06-18, 02:21   #123
Feder
Student

Seems like the sound is hardcoded into the object so it can't be changed. Still, it was a very nice idea, maybe you can save it for the Snow levels
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 18:31   #124
thewolf
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I have just now replaced the breakable wall sound ( 348 ) with the crumbling floor sound which is different ( 68 ) with TREditSound and recompiled the level loading the altered base, but the sound is still glass breaking. Even if i place the sound in a different animation frame. It's so stupid.
That's a pity
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-18, 21:54   #125
Danath
Archaeologist

Question

I have another smaller problem, in this case with the ventilator fans from Opera House. If they are on, they have collision and kill you. But if they are off, they lose all collision and you can pass thru. It wouldn't be an issue normally, but there is a small puzzle in which you need to turn one of the vents off to progress.

Is there a way to edit movables collision for TR2 levels? PixStr cannot do that.
Old 08-06-18, 04:46   #126
Wolf 7
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I have another smaller problem, in this case with the ventilator fans from Opera House. If they are on, they have collision and kill you. But if they are off, they lose all collision and you can pass thru. It wouldn't be an issue normally, but there is a small puzzle in which you need to turn one of the vents off to progress.

Is there a way to edit movables collision for TR2 levels? PixStr cannot do that.
When I gotta change the collision of a moveable I always use wad manager, but I'm not pretty sure if it works also with tr2 files .
Hope I can help ya somehow.
Old 08-06-18, 14:14   #127
thewolf
Historian

I think I've got a solution for you. If one bit for your object is still active, it will have collision. When you place your air fan with bit 1 active and 2,3,4,5 off Lara can't walk through it
Old 08-06-18, 18:44   #128
Danath
Archaeologist

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
When I gotta change the collision of a moveable I always use wad manager, but I'm not pretty sure if it works also with tr2 files .
Hope I can help ya somehow.
No, Wad manager wouldn't work because it's made for .tr4 files. When building .tr2 files there's no .wad files involved, Dxtre3D compiles everything directly into a .tr2. But thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
I think I've got a solution for you. If one bit for your object is still active, it will have collision. When you place your air fan with bit 1 active and 2,3,4,5 off Lara can't walk through it
When you step on a certain sector 3 vents go on ( all code bits pressed ), and later there's a switch_is_on trigger which deactivates all of them.
I have tried what you say, only having one bit still on, and the vent deactivates properly, but you can still go through it. I also tried deactivating all bits except for 2 and also 3, but same thing.
Old 08-06-18, 19:19   #129
thewolf
Historian

You could place a second air fan on the same tile. Click bit one when you place the second . Now when your first gets deactivated you still have collision
Old 08-06-18, 20:02   #130
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
You could place a second air fan on the same tile. Click bit one when you place the second . Now when your first gets deactivated you still have collision
That's a great solution, but the problem with that is that it looks very weird, like the fan having 3 extra blades. It almost look like a rolling blade.

I did something else: placing an invisible wall. Since you aren't supposed to go there at all, i think it's the best solution. Why didn't i think of that earlier? The only downside is that you can climb down and it looks weird, but oh well i can live with that.
And there's also a miscalculation i did: if you don't place the fan slightly upfront on the following tile you can climb without the fan hitting you, but placing it upfront prevents you from climbing. So the second method works best.

Edit: I have done an even more exotic thing. I took the window static mesh, colored it all transparent and edited its collision in PixStr. Then i placed that static right where the fan is, so it gives the illusion of the fan having a working collision when it's stopped.

Update: Sweet progress! I estimate i have 65% of the overall level done.

Last edited by Danath; 09-06-18 at 03:32.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote