Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 18-12-19, 04:07   #171
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Ok now how come I see there's this thing in this source code saying "Run the gauntlet"? I assume the alpha version for TR3 is in there so we can do something about this source code. I never even done a thing with a source code like I don't how to do any of those things.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 07:15   #172
Joey79100

No. As it has already been explained before, the source code is just a bunch of lines of code that tell the game how to read files, how to behave, how to react to player's input, how to display things, etc. These are just instructions. A source code does not contain ANY of the levels content, these are separate files.

And just let it go. Chances that someone has that version you're literally craving for hardly reach the percent. Just assume it does not exist anymore and still thinking about it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-19, 18:59   #173
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
No. As it has already been explained before, the source code is just a bunch of lines of code that tell the game how to read files, how to behave, how to react to player's input, how to display things, etc. These are just instructions. A source code does not contain ANY of the levels content, these are separate files.

And just let it go. Chances that someone has that version you're literally craving for hardly reach the percent. Just assume it does not exist anymore and still thinking about it.
Forget about it!! Therefore I absolutely NEVER ASSUME that the alpha version of TR3 "no longer exists anymore" just as much as I want to play with that version. But other than that, I'm so happy that Dustie have uploaded a youtube video of a recreated E3 demo so hopefully we'll have so much fun playing with that one instead. AND thank you for explaining me all the rest of the details about what exactly is a source code. Because really after all this time I didn't even understand the difference from a source code to alpha and or beta versions of games to play with. That's all the help what I need to LEARN TO UNDERSTAND about in this thread.
Old 19-12-19, 19:56   #174
UroshUchiha

What's even the point in bolding various random words in your posts recently all over the forum? New thing you just learned so you're using now on random or does it truly have a point? If it does, I don't see it.

And what's this fascination with the alpha version of the game? What's so important about it?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-19, 22:46   #175
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
What's even the point in bolding various random words in your posts recently all over the forum? New thing you just learned so you're using now on random or does it truly have a point? If it does, I don't see it.

And what's this fascination with the alpha version of the game? What's so important about it?
Well first of all, I needed to learn what was a source code which I didn't understand about after all that time. And 2nd of all I'm always interested in searching the best I can to find that alpha version of TR3 to see the difference from alpha to final build obviously. Do you even understand how very interesting it is to search for all the differences from alpha to final version of the game?