Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 04-01-19, 18:09   #1
zack3top123456

Default Tomb Raider III

I know this was here since April and it was just an April Fools Day prank but doesn't this look legit!

What if this actually happens though? The only problem is, Tomb Raider III introduces crawling and sprinting but they would have to fit all of the buttons on a tiny screen. The controls would take up about half the screen LOL

Last edited by zack3top123456; 06-01-19 at 08:57.
zack3top123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 18:46   #2
NoahCrofRaider

I want an iOS version of TR3, but TR1 and TR2 were always really hard to play for me and it’d only be worse for TR3 imo. I’d rather get remasters or some other “update” for PC and other platforms.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 23:39   #3
klona
Golden

Upload the image in imgur and repost it.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 05:43   #4
VictorXD

Considering TR 1 and 2 got removed from the PlayStore I doubt TR3 would get a port. Especially with the awful controls both of those previously had. TR3 would suffer even more because more on screen buttons would need to be added for crawling and sprinting.

I think the best way to experience the classic on a phone (at least Android) is waiting for OpenLara to finish its port. TR1 is pretty much done and I guess TR2 development will start soon.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 20:30   #5
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Considering TR 1 and 2 got removed from the PlayStore I doubt TR3 would get a port. Especially with the awful controls both of those previously had. TR3 would suffer even more because more on screen buttons would need to be added for crawling and sprinting.

I think the best way to experience the classic on a phone (at least Android) is waiting for OpenLara to finish its port. TR1 is pretty much done and I guess TR2 development will start soon.
Not only that, but some specific movents on a touchscreen (especially on a smartphone's) won't work.

I remember the first TR was a bit weird, but I managed it, and had fun.
Now, TR2 was a nightmare: I had to remap the controls in order to be able to a backflip with a roll in mid air and grab the ladder; that happend in the temple of xian. It took me a sweet hour to make it happen. Oh and driving the snowmobile...it was way too sensitive on my end.

I really don't want to play TR3 like this...but I'm sure I would give it a go anyway.

Last edited by Zsott; 05-01-19 at 20:32.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 23:57   #6
Dustie

It's not happening, least not now. Realtech wanted to do a port using the leaked source code but got rejected by Square, along with the PC version of their Tomb Raider 1/2 "remaster". Also, the first 2 ports got pulled. No word about any porting since then.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:26   #7
Kapu

Oh my god, can you imagine playing this game with touch controls?? The game is hard enough on its own with a proper controller.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 03:54   #8
XProger
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Oh my god, can you imagine playing this game with touch controls?? The game is hard enough on its own with a proper controller.
I did some research for touch scheme in OpenLara, in the result it's more comfortable than original iOS/Android ports
XProger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 21:13   #9
Grizzly Bear

How is the open Lara project going?
I mean, how much of the game is included there?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-19, 17:14   #10
Dustie

Check the Software Development sub-section in Level Editor section.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote