Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 14-06-10, 09:37   #131
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
I used to laugh at the idea of Rhona playing Lara in a feature film, but I must say in the past few years shes built a good resume for herself, and would probly be my top choice (with Kate Beckinsale of course) to play Lara, should they decide NOT to reboot with a younger Lara....
Eidos never chose anyone over 25 to portray Lara, she is always going to be played by a young actress, because Lara is a young woman in her 20's. Rhona had her chance as Lara, and back then she did not have the experience to get the role in the movie. Now she has the experience she is too old for the part.

Rhona is never going to be that young again.

Last edited by aussie500; 14-06-10 at 10:38.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-10, 21:12   #132
NightWish

I don't think she is too old(of course that is why I do not believe an origin movie is a good idea I am talking about mature Lara)... I think she can pull off looking younger. I think in Underworld she gave a very young vibe in Underworld :P

But I can definitely say that it is a good thing she became an actress - not a singer

Last edited by NightWish; 14-06-10 at 21:27.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-10, 08:01   #133
aussie500
Golden

Rhona was playing the mature Lara, when she was 22, even Lucy Clarkson who was only 17 was chosen to portray the mature Lara. When Angelina was chosen she looked pretty young, although she was looking much older in the second movie. Angie could have done another movie if it was not a new franchise, if it was the first movie they would never consider Angie or anyone who looks that mature. The actress chosen to play young Lara is probably going to be older than Lara's age in the movie, she is not going to be any older than Angie was when she was chosen. Considering Angie aged so fast they would probably go for someone a few years younger who can look younger to get 3 movies done. Which is one reason to start with a young Lara if they can come up with a suitable actress young enough they do not have to worry about them looking too old before the movies are done. Who knows, if they are a hit they might do more than 3. If the next movie bombs like the second movie did they will not bother doing any more. That is why Paramount never made the third, Tomb Raider was no longer popular enough. Or maybe the second movie just did so bad because the first had not been that brilliant and the second was even worse. Despite what some might have thought sticking Tomb Raider on something does not guarantee people are always going to fall for it.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-10, 10:41   #134
NightWish

Why don't we make a thread for suggestions for the actual movie (not about actresses) I think fans have a lot to say about that - what they want to see. And since we haven't heard anything about it probably it is not too late.

I also feel that TR is really fading in the background and we need a really good movie to change that.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 20:12   #135
Brendanlovesu1

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have HQ scans or pictures of Rhona's albums she did as Lara?

My itunes library won't be complete until I have them lol

The albums are Female Icon and Come alive

Thanks
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 20:31   #136
Ellioft

Or the lyrics because it's not understandable
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote