Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Closed Thread

Old 16-01-19, 02:03   #11
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Y'all remember when someone posted this as a joke for a new outfit and we were all like "Loool, dis funny "

Now we actually have something that's even uglier than that and it's not so funny anymore.
And they actually listened
Old 16-01-19, 02:04   #12
Isaac

The deal? Tastes and subjectivity. It all boil down to that.

Let's not forget that opinions we see here or on certain forums aren't universal and undiscussable. There are people who like the outfits. tlr_online actually loves the recent outfit in fact, so there is an audience for everything.

I've tried to voice it various times, but as much as we can dislike these outfits, from an artistic point of view I'm glad the artists at Eidos have the freedom to let their creativity flow and explore routes and directions some purist wouldn't even dare thinking about. It's daring.

And I say that as someone who would also like more tame outfits. But it's Eidos' game, their artistic direction and their choices. While I also think there is a bit of unbalance as we speak, we are definitely not lacking in options anyway with the Tactical Adventurer, the Adventurer, The Jungle Explorer (among the three best outfits we've ever gotten) and the black tactical outfit + all the returning outfits from Rise. We already have plenty of options. More would be welcoming for me, but I won't speak out my mind otherwise.

I'm actually quite pleased with the turn of event. It's quite entertaining to see the general reaction on here, it makes me want even more tribal stuff just to see people lose their mind
Seeing the most recent outfit was definitely the highlight of the day. It's so silly and brown it's hilarious.

Last edited by Isaac; 16-01-19 at 02:13.
Old 16-01-19, 02:06   #13
TrustyBow

I will say, despite all the tribal outfits, the Tactical Adventurer, Adventurer and Explorer outfits are some of the best in the series.
Old 16-01-19, 02:10   #14
NoahCrofRaider

I like the new outfit. Yes, I’d prefer something more casual or actually stylish, but this one, along with some of the others, has something enjoyably unique about it and I just find something about its appearance to be visually appealing.
Old 16-01-19, 02:13   #15
KennyC222

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I like the new outfit. Yes, I’d prefer something more casual or actually stylish, but this one, along with some of the others, has something enjoyably unique about it and I just find something about its appearance to be visually appealing.
Yeah me too! My first DLC outfit to be favorited! can't wait to use it! It has shorts with high boots even if my default outfit is Blue Heron given by the queen (sometimes Serpent guard, Crimson and Puka Huk were worn)

Now, this is my 5th favorite outfit apart from previous 4 I wear. I still spent most of the time for Blue Heron anyway
Old 16-01-19, 02:17   #16
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post

Let's not forget that opinions we see here or on certain forums aren't universal and undiscussable. There are people who like the outfits. tlr_online actually loves the recent outfit in fact, so there is an audience for everything.

I've tried to voice it various times, but as much as we can dislike these outfits, from an artistic point of view I'm glad the artists at Eidos have the freedom to let their creativity flow and explore routes and directions some purist wouldn't even dare thinking about. It's daring.

And I say that as someone who would also like more tame outfits. But it's Eidos' game, their artistic direction and their choices. While I also think there is a bit of unbalance as we speak, we are definitely not lacking in options anyway with the Tactical Adventurer, the Adventurer, The Jungle Explorer (among the three best outfits we've ever gotten) and the black tactical outfit + all the returning outfits from Rise. We already have plenty of options. More would be welcoming for me, but I won't speak out my mind otherwise.

I'm actually quite pleased with the turn of event. It's quite entertaining to see the general reaction on here, it makes me want even more tribal stuff just to see people lose their mind
Seeing the most recent outfit was definitely the highlight of the day. It's so silly it's hilarious.
Sorry, but defending this as mere creative freedom isn't going to cut it this time. I paid a lot of money for this DLC stuff and they have yet to deleiver on anything promising. No I do not expect them to read my mind nor do I expect them to cater to every single whim or demand, but dammit this is enough already.

We have made enough excuses for them to constantly trash Lara with these horrific outfits. I want my money's worth, I want Tomb Raider to actually look and mean something.

This is just off the rails. I mean I did paid for this no? So should only some people be catered to?

I mean really.

And besides the creative freedom what part of these tribal outfits are part of Lara's character? I mean fans of the reboot bitch and they really bitch hard about how this is Lara Croft and Tomb Raider, but gmab, she would never wear something so ridicules. Not even reboot Lara as she always wears what gear she needs. She would never ever wear this crap.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 16-01-19 at 02:19.
Old 16-01-19, 02:31   #17
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Sorry, but defending this as mere creative freedom isn't going to cut it this time. I paid a lot of money for this DLC stuff and they have yet to deleiver on anything promising. No I do not expect them to read my mind nor do I expect them to cater to every single whim or demand, but dammit this is enough already.
And your opinion is more valuable than those who dig these outfits for their own legitimate reason and who also paid money?

You're arguing about tastes here, it's a losing battle. Beside, paying for content we know nothing about always come with a risk. I paid too, you know, so I'm subject to the same bizarreries.

You're entitled to your tastes and expectations and it's legitimate to want Lara, an archaeologist, to have actual representative attires, but it's also a semi open world game exploring different cultures and ancient civilizations, so I can't say I'm surprised Eidos is exploring these routes. It was a gamble, I'm sorry it's not taking the turn you wanted. Again, not saying your expectations were delusional but after Rise we shouldn't be surprised with the tone and direction of released outfits. Remember all these armors from Rise? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
And besides the creative freedom what part of these tribal outfits are part of Lara's character?
On the two occasions Lara was offered a tribal attire in a cutscene, she never opposed. So at best we can assume that Reboot Lara is open to the idea of cultural attires.

Like I said, I want more practical outfits too, but there is an audience for everything and they can't please everyone. I loved the Battle Dress that came with the Pillar despite yet being another tribal outfit... And while I find the one coming with The Nightmare fugly, nothing tells me I will not like the next one. This is DLC 03, we have 4 more episodes to be released.

Last edited by Isaac; 16-01-19 at 02:44.
Old 16-01-19, 02:34   #18
Athukraz

Please the majority, which asks for outfits. This can't be called one.
Old 16-01-19, 02:49   #19
Swiz19

Quote:

and all that 'creative freedom' you're talking about is completely negated by the fact we are getting another tribal outfit. That's not exploring creative freedom, that's hindering it.

If we were to really get that creativity you're talking about, we would have silly outfits, colourful ones, classic-Lara clothes. But no... we got another mess that will be lost in a sea of identical messes.

Quote:
Lol we may have options in the base game, but I paid for a season pass. I expect variety, not the same thing over and over. Sorry, but I'm certainly not getting my moneys worth, especially after they spouted all that nonsense about 'BECOMING THE TOMB RAIDER' that I actually believed they would honour.
Closed Thread