Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 15-01-19, 08:42   #38031
Maverin

Accidental double post. Feel free to remove this

Last edited by Maverin; 15-01-19 at 08:44. Reason: Internet stopped working and apparently sent the post twice instead of once.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 08:43   #38032
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
^Yes, I loved that "dark" atmosphere;
In Shadow there were a couple of moments that could have felt like that, but the complete lack of blood ruined them...
Just read a thread in the Shadow category that they are bringing out a patch to fix the missing blood issue
Old 15-01-19, 09:32   #38033
the_end90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Just read a thread in the Shadow category that they are bringing out a patch to fix the missing blood issue
But still the problem remains: TR2013 had an atmosphere that was not the same in following episodes.
A couple of moments could not be the same as what you could feel during the whole game
the_end90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 13:22   #38034
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I don't understand, do some fans want the patch or is EM working on it?
I mean, is it real or is it just something fans would like?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 16:35   #38035
Chamayoo

Well, TR'13 atmosphere was singular and quite done right but not really for my taste. Too much depressing weather and grey colors. I prefer Shadow contrast between bright moments and horror ones, reminds of Legend who wasn't afraid to give both light and dark moments
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 09:59   #38036
the_end90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Well, TR'13 atmosphere was singular and quite done right but not really for my taste. Too much depressing weather and grey colors. I prefer Shadow contrast between bright moments and horror ones, reminds of Legend who wasn't afraid to give both light and dark moments
was perfect to describe what was happening to the reboot Lara, and how she react to it. In a way, it seems the perfect description to what would leave a big DSPT on her
the_end90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 14:08   #38037
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I don't understand, do some fans want the patch or is EM working on it?
I mean, is it real or is it just something fans would like?
As far as I could tell it's a real and official patch from E.M. But I cant guarantee that though, I'll look a little deeper into this
Old 24-01-19, 09:21   #38038
charmedangelin

This game had many iconic moments to be honest. There were so many moments of growth in this game. I could easily see her becoming the badass Lara Croft we all love.

I actually forgot about the kiss she gave one of her friends when she had to leave him behind. It reminded me of the hug Classic Lara gave Jean when she found him in the Citidel.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 18:16   #38039
nottombraider

Question Easter Egg?

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Tomb Raider series, and I just finished playing Crystal Dynamics's reboot game and I really enjoyed it!

There's been a mystery though that's been bugging me. I've done some research on it but I can't yield any results. At the end of the credits, there's a little message under "Recognition" that reads:

John Lucien Fournier Sr., 'Did you try shooting the window?' We love you Dad; -Dustin & Johnny

I'm really curious about what this means. Is this some sort of inside joke or an easter egg? I tried messaging some of the developers on it but I didn't hear back from any of them (obviously). In fact, there's only one guy named Dustin in the entire team.

I do wonder if there's some kind of easter egg hidden in the game that would be unlocked by shooting a window. Granted, this game has been out for five years, I feel like every single window would've been shot by now :P .

If any of you guys know what this means, let me know!
nottombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 22:24   #38040
Ahmier
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottombraider View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Tomb Raider series, and I just finished playing Crystal Dynamics's reboot game and I really enjoyed it!

There's been a mystery though that's been bugging me. I've done some research on it but I can't yield any results. At the end of the credits, there's a little message under "Recognition" that reads:

John Lucien Fournier Sr., 'Did you try shooting the window?' We love you Dad; -Dustin & Johnny

I'm really curious about what this means. Is this some sort of inside joke or an easter egg? I tried messaging some of the developers on it but I didn't hear back from any of them (obviously). In fact, there's only one guy named Dustin in the entire team.

I do wonder if there's some kind of easter egg hidden in the game that would be unlocked by shooting a window. Granted, this game has been out for five years, I feel like every single window would've been shot by now :P .

If any of you guys know what this means, let me know!
Welcome. Cool that you been introduced to the series in a new way. I’d recommend all of the other tr titles if you get the chance.

As for the quote, it was a reference to older tr games where you can break certain windows. It’s a cute little joke.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote