www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 15:50   #121
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_end90 View Post
Well... even in Shadow there is a part where she is enjoying the travelling and I think is very well acted: it is one of my favorite, so... I think Camilla could be just perfect for that
I agree. Her performance in Shadow was generally more relaxed and confident. Even so though, at the end, we're kind of promised a new Lara in the game, and I'd love to see how Camilla would tackle that.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:00   #122
the_end90
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I agree. Her performance in Shadow was generally more relaxed and confident. Even so though, at the end, we're kind of promised a new Lara in the game, and I'd love to see how Camilla would tackle that.
We must not forget that Camilla has a strong acting experience (you can like or not the sitcom, but she is part of it from many season). This IMHO is particularly evident in that part as it is very visible the freedom that was given.

For me, I am curious how this more mature Lara would be described. I cannot forget what was said at the beginning of the survivor timeline and it sound like that:
"Forget the old Lara, she is a completely different person..."
Old Yesterday, 16:57   #123
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Quote:
For me, I am curious how this more mature Lara would be described. I cannot forget what was said at the beginning of the survivor timeline and it sound like that:
Just my interpretation, but I see her as being a more empathetic take on the character. By the end, she has the thrill seeking personality, the wit and the cheerful attitude of the original but she's generally more caring and welcoming of others than classic Lara.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:01   #124
Gabi
Super Moderator

Quite a few posts have been removed.
Stay on topic and post respectfully please, and, for heaven's sake, stop with the personal bickering.
In future it will earn you infraction points.
Old Today, 03:56   #125
Error96
Explorer

TR has had some amazing voice actresses but honestly I just don't see Camilla at as higher level of the other VA's. She is good actress but for this role we need somebody else now. I agree with what people have said about more empathy being brought in but honestly I would just rather have an approach that is more edgy rather than kind.

Quote:
The line was 'forget everything you know about Tomb Raider'. It got quite a backlash on a forum other than this one (EF) back then and Karl Stuart issued an apology in a Q and A over it. With that in mind don't know how much you should read into it.

My perspective is that I love classic Lara and I follow reboot Lara primarily because of her being a iteration of the same character. That's why I have big positive reaction to things that bridge the two variants such as the retro skins and manor. I hope as Lara becomes more hardened the traits of the two version will get closer together and this will resolve some of the differences. The dual pistol wielding and more sass/ humour will hopefully happen and be big moments.
Old Today, 08:37   #126
Boobandie
Professor

I think changing voice actors at this point would be a mistake. As much as I miss games coming out about the Lara I grew up with, the Survivor timeline is very well defined in the public consciousness and Camilla is the voice of this Lara.

Even if she takes a step back and they hire other women to do the quite demanding work of the body and facial motion capture, I hope she continues to do the voice acting so we can at last have a consistent Lara Croft.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33   #127
the_end90
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I hope as Lara becomes more hardened the traits of the two version will get closer together and this will resolve some of the differences. The dual pistol wielding and more sass/ humour will hopefully happen and be big moments.
Focusing on this, I think that, given what happened to her and all that she went through, she will necessarily develop a hardened and (somehow) detached feeling. Psychologically speaking, is this or suffering terribly.

I am not a big fan of double, but this is a personal opinion as I said before: I never played anything before the survivor era so... I do not want to get involved into this argument