Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 12-01-19, 18:18   #1
annl

Question Were secrets going to be added into AOD at some point?

Were they going to be put in? I can’t find anything about it.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 18:43   #2
Maverin

I've been asking myself the same question ever since first playing it.

There was never any indication that they were going to be present, but there are a few hidden area's in the game (ex. breath of Hades) that might suggest this.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 19:50   #3
Profc

In one of the very old trailer, there was a menu called puzzles. I have never seen anyone speak about that. Maybe Lara was going to collect puzzle pieces?
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 20:02   #4
JsotoTRSaga

I suspect they were intended to be there, as it was suggested by Maverin, there are leftovers in the game of some pickups that are rather difficult to find. Parisian Ghetto's sewers and the metro station where we meet Bernard made me think of this. Same can be said about the pickup behind the bookshelf in the Monstrum Crimescene, there are many many others I can think of. I think some were going to count as secrets but the game doesn't have a mechanism for that since the game is unfinished so it doesn't recognize the player has found a secret therefore it doesn't notify us about it.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 07:37   #5
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
In one of the very old trailer, there was a menu called puzzles. I have never seen anyone speak about that. Maybe Lara was going to collect puzzle pieces?
I think those 'puzzles' were a placeholder or a very early implementation of the notebook from the final version. Just a collection of all the clues Lara has found like the one for archaeological dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I suspect they were intended to be there, as it was suggested by Maverin, there are leftovers in the game of some pickups that are rather difficult to find. Parisian Ghetto's sewers and the metro station where we meet Bernard made me think of this. Same can be said about the pickup behind the bookshelf in the Monstrum Crimescene, there are many many others I can think of. I think some were going to count as secrets but the game doesn't have a mechanism for that since the game is unfinished so it doesn't recognize the player has found a secret therefore it doesn't notify us about it.
Exactly!
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 09:30   #6
JoelCaesar

I definitely think there was going to be! A shame it was never implemented.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 01:24   #7
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Maybe they were planning to do that to apply all of that stuff into the game but unfortunately I hated the fact that Eidos have rushed as much as they really have no reason to expect for every Tomb Raider game to be released for every year. This probably figures why that Eidos Interactive had the acquisition to get into their own different publisher called Square Enix Europe if that's true. Right? Was all of that a part for it to make that happen? Is that why they've already got all into their own publisher?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 14:58   #8
adamtombraider

There is also an extra Aqua Lung near the end of the Vault of Trophies.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 21:31   #9
annacroft

Many things are in the game that I highly suspect were going to be "secrets". Firstly, the necklace in Parisian Backstreets is one example.
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 07:26   #10
Profc

There is super secret in one of Kurtis' levels. You have to roll into the locked door to get the chocolate. It's only possible to get this chocolate, using a bug.

Profc is offline   Reply With Quote